Berserk 295

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: Berserk 295

Post by fujinsan »

he loves his hands just like edward

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cS18yG8 ... re=related[/youtube]
Lol the balls are inert[/spoiler]
Yaen
imanewbie

Post by Yaen »

I got to say, I haven’t been thinking so much about the details of the upcoming so much as I’ve been wondering about life after Ganishka. He is already destroying the city so it will have to be rebuilt entirely. Some say it will become another festival of corpses, but I think it will be rebuilt as a clean white city with a glimmering castle on the hill like in Griffith’s childhood dreams. I say that he’s doing everything to live his boyhood dreams because he presents himself as such a majestic being. Griffith will work very hard to make this reality and obviously there will be problems. His major problems will be his apostles and then maybe the god hand. Some of his apostles look like they threaten the cleanliness of the dream city, they might be blood thirsty and disruptive. Griffith is no stranger to assassinations in the court but this time around he might just do it himself. I do think that his city will sit on a rip in space and merge the astral world but the question is does he want it. Does this get in line with his dream? I wouldn't think so since Griffith is so precise. I think it will become a struggle to keep what he wants with all this excess baggage crashing the party. He will use who is useful and in line and get rid of those in his ranks who might ruin it. I see Griffith’s army more as a quicker way to get things done than if he were to do it himself, there’s just too much ground to cover for one man.
But this whole thing about the next skull knight makes me wonder. You think maybe skull knight had a perfect city in mind that everyone kept staining and he just 'enough is enough' snakes on planes and after some long epic struggle to take his stuff back from the God hand who wanted their part of it, just everything popped. I don’t know, we know next to nothing about what went down so it’s impossible to pin it. I do think they share that dream of an ideal kingdom, but SK is just a moody dick head because things did not work out like he planned.
Its 3am and I'm rambling, but I think Guts doesn't have to worry about the demon army so much as everyone thinks. Griffith will sort it out and that will aid Guts. Griffith doesn't feel anything for Guts and I don't think he considers the guy much of a threat to the plan. A powerful foe but not enough to make Griffith unexpectedly lose it. Maybe who ever Griffith wants done away with will be sent after Guts.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Yaen wrote:I got to say, I haven’t been thinking so much about the details of the upcoming so much as I’ve been wondering about life after Ganishka. He is already destroying the city so it will have to be rebuilt entirely. Some say it will become another festival of corpses, but I think it will be rebuilt as a clean white city with a glimmering castle on the hill like in Griffith’s childhood dreams. I say that he’s doing everything to live his boyhood dreams because he presents himself as such a majestic being. Griffith will work very hard to make this reality and obviously there will be problems. His major problems will be his apostles and then maybe the god hand. Some of his apostles look like they threaten the cleanliness of the dream city, they might be blood thirsty and disruptive. Griffith is no stranger to assassinations in the court but this time around he might just do it himself. I do think that his city will sit on a rip in space and merge the astral world but the question is does he want it. Does this get in line with his dream? I wouldn't think so since Griffith is so precise. I think it will become a struggle to keep what he wants with all this excess baggage crashing the party. He will use who is useful and in line and get rid of those in his ranks who might ruin it. I see Griffith’s army more as a quicker way to get things done than if he were to do it himself, there’s just too much ground to cover for one man.
But this whole thing about the next skull knight makes me wonder. You think maybe skull knight had a perfect city in mind that everyone kept staining and he just 'enough is enough' snakes on planes and after some long epic struggle to take his stuff back from the God hand who wanted their part of it, just everything popped. I don’t know, we know next to nothing about what went down so it’s impossible to pin it. I do think they share that dream of an ideal kingdom, but SK is just a moody dick head because things did not work out like he planned.
Its 3am and I'm rambling, but I think Guts doesn't have to worry about the demon army so much as everyone thinks. Griffith will sort it out and that will aid Guts. Griffith doesn't feel anything for Guts and I don't think he considers the guy much of a threat to the plan. A powerful foe but not enough to make Griffith unexpectedly lose it. Maybe who ever Griffith wants done away with will be sent after Guts.
No, you are wrong.
But, yes you are quite amusing.
azn_l10n
imanewbie

Post by azn_l10n »

Might not necessarily be wrong...

If Griffith really wants a shining kingdom, he can't really have demon soldiers...

And I don't find it farfetched that Gatts would be "used" by Griffith to fall the remaining demon soldiers...
Afterall, Griffith would believe he can't lose to or be hurt by Gatts...

Of course after losing all his demon soldiers to Gatt's dragon slayer, that Dragon slayer would make short work of God hand by then...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Before you can answer that question, you have to figure out what constitutes a "shining kingdom" to Griffith. His dreams of a castle on top of a hill are not specific enough. Griffith hasn't said exactly how his dream is, or in what part of it do monsters lie.

It kinda reminds of Silent Hill where the cult members talked about God and Angels, but to the player, these divine creatures are in fact the monsters.

Also, it's been stated before that Guts is no longer at the mercy of the God Hand, he's simply not contemplated by them in the grand scheme of things.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Also, please bear a very important fact in mind, namely that Griffith is not an idiot. He's about as far from being such as one can get. Several of the actions he's already taken (a.k.a. going after Flora) indicate that he's completely aware that he himself is not invulnerable. True, he doesn't view Guts as a threat, but that's not the same as being so stupid as to slaughter (or have slaughtered) his entire army. If you say his "shining kingdom" can't have a bunch of demons running around, please remember a few key facts. First, as War Machine pointed out, we don't really know what his dream is (beyond having his own kingdom) so you can't really say that for sure. Second, the demons do whatever he tells them to, which leads to third, they don't have to tell anyone that they are, in fact, demons. The Apostles are way too useful a resource for Griffith to just casually throw away.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

As I recall, back with Griffith was still just a normal person, he told Gatts he wanted to make the world a better place, basically. Remember how he spoke about how the nobility do nothing, and just let the poor suffer. He didn't say exactly what he'd do, but he made it sound like he wanted to be king to make things better than they were. Now though, who knows what he'll do now. *shrugs*
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:As I recall, back with Griffith was still just a normal person, he told Gatts he wanted to make the world a better place, basically. Remember how he spoke about how the nobility do nothing, and just let the poor suffer. He didn't say exactly what he'd do, but he made it sound like he wanted to be king to make things better than they were. Now though, who knows what he'll do now. *shrugs*
Adolf Hitler said basically the same thing. It's all a matter of point of view.

Or as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

First of all, thank you EG! Very nice work! It's amazing!!
Then....
It's OK he said that thing of better world, but, as said, it's too relative... and he's changed. even though he still got some of his human being inside him (if not, he wouldnt mind trying to make his dream come true, when he's already almost God), he certainly is more evil.
i dont think he wants people to know his bad sides, but iI dont think he'll restraint his little puppies from doing whatever it is. i think that after he finally get it, then the "party" will begin.

PS.: dont forget Flora, SK n the GH said he'd be the "true overlord", ruling the new time of darkness and yatayatayata

anyways, im anxious to see how Griffith is going to duel him. uhm... atackin his 234987908 eyes first???? n casca coming back too....
oh! n sorry for the bad english
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

I would think that the action that Ganishka has taken is somewhat futile. By taking even more of the abyss's evil does he not make it easier for the Godhand and Griffith to control him? Only the Idea of Evil itself has more influence over evil than the Godhand.

As somebody mentioned earlier this is no doubt part of causality and is a part of he plan for merging the abyss etc with the physical world.

Ganishka would have a better chance by becoming human.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It seems to me that Ganishka's transformation is falling into the plans of the Abyss and the God Hand. When Sonia says that the logic of this world is ending, it seems like she foreshadows the merging of the demon realm with the human world.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Gwarrior
imanewbie

Post by Gwarrior »

Maybe when Ganishka dies his demonic essences will cause the worlds to merge.
This message is brought to you by the Infrequent Posters Union.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Gwarrior wrote:Maybe when Ganishka dies his demonic essences will cause the worlds to merge.
I don't think that the "merge" is going to be a sudden event, triggered by something. Rather, I see it as a gradual process of the two becoming closer and closer until they become one. This process would have started from the moment Femto was reborn into the physical world, and was (possibly) accelerated by Ganishka's actions.
Gwarrior
imanewbie

Post by Gwarrior »

He has absorbed a good chunk of apostles(some of which i think i saw at the eclipse) so he has to have a good chunk of demon powers. Right now he can make mince meat of any ordinary apostles, hell he could do that before. So this is really just a way to see just how much stronger a God Hand really is. Better be an epic fight. :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the Infrequent Posters Union.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

Jian Wen Yi wrote:I would think that the action that Ganishka has taken is somewhat futile. By taking even more of the abyss's evil does he not make it easier for the Godhand and Griffith to control him? Only the Idea of Evil itself has more influence over evil than the Godhand.

As somebody mentioned earlier this is no doubt part of causality and is a part of he plan for merging the abyss etc with the physical world.

Ganishka would have a better chance by becoming human.
I dont think so. the godhands have control over evil, but if they want to, they have even more control over weak beings like humans. if not, all guts' journey n the "absortion" of the realm of death in his dragon slayer (not exactly like this, but whatever) would be totally useless. well, the emperor could only rule everything by being an superior being, like a god hand. n what he's done was half way like that.

like gwarrior said, it's a nice way to see how much stronger a GH is (n i really hope miura doesnt forget it when guts gets to him - it'd be stupid guts being supposely stronger than the emperor :? )
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't think Gatts is stronger than the Emporer at this point, heh. He still isn't ready for Griffith.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

If you think about it......aside from some God of War type scenario, just how exactly how would he go about trying to go against something the size of Windham and literally several thousands of feet tall?

The emperor at this point could shit turds that would dwarf Godzilla. Unless Gut's party has a couple of nukes handy, best leave things up to Griffith to handle business.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Griffith will beat him with the power of love! :shock: :lol:
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

Lara Skadi wrote: I dont think so. the godhands have control over evil, but if they want to, they have even more control over weak beings like humans. if not, all guts' journey n the "absortion" of the realm of death in his dragon slayer (not exactly like this, but whatever) would be totally useless. well, the emperor could only rule everything by being an superior being, like a god hand. n what he's done was half way like that.

like gwarrior said, it's a nice way to see how much stronger a GH is (n i really hope miura doesnt forget it when guts gets to him - it'd be stupid guts being supposely stronger than the emperor :? )
I see your point, but although Gatts (a so called weak being) was part of the causiality woven by Idea he now appears to be out of that loop. It would appear that in this case being 'weaker' can be a strength, the Godhand have pretty much ignored Gatts (even in direct confrontation) due to his percieved weakness, and it is only recently that one of them took notice of him. Whereas Ganishka a 'stronger' being appears to be being used as Idea wills. I think it is likely to be humans who cause the downfall of the Godhand as well as Idea, infact humans were the creators of it all in the first place and Muira plays the man vs beast scenario a lot.

Also is Griffiths power guaranteed? I say this as he gained his power through the eclipse/sacrifice, however two of those sacrifices survived. I wonder can he truly 'have' that power if he hasn't actually sacrficed everything? Just a thought.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The emperor at this point could shit turds that would dwarf Godzilla. Unless Gut's party has a couple of nukes handy, best leave things up to Griffith to handle business.
Well, although they don't have any nukes, Schierke might be able to accomplish something if she cast a big enough spell. It's hard to say.
Also is Griffiths power guaranteed? I say this as he gained his power through the eclipse/sacrifice, however two of those sacrifices survived. I wonder can he truly 'have' that power if he hasn't actually sacrficed everything? Just a thought.
I think yes. There seem to be two parts to the ceremony, from what I can tell. The first is that for it to even occur you have to sacrifice that which is dear to you. Griffith did that. Guts and Caska have the brand, they've been sacrificed. They aren't dead yet, but they have been marked as belonging to evil, and Griffith did his part. The second element is that the souls of those killed seem to play some role in the transformation. Griffith finished transforming before the eclipse was over. Ergo, his transformation was complete, and he doesn't need them to die to achieve his full powers. As a final piece of support, remember the incident at the end of the slug count incident, when Griffith said that Guts was completely insignificant, and it didn't matter if he lived or died. If Griffith's powers were incomplete until Guts died, I doubt he'd have been so indiferent.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote: I think yes. There seem to be two parts to the ceremony, from what I can tell. The first is that for it to even occur you have to sacrifice that which is dear to you. Griffith did that. Guts and Caska have the brand, they've been sacrificed. They aren't dead yet, but they have been marked as belonging to evil, and Griffith did his part. The second element is that the souls of those killed seem to play some role in the transformation. Griffith finished transforming before the eclipse was over. Ergo, his transformation was complete, and he doesn't need them to die to achieve his full powers. As a final piece of support, remember the incident at the end of the slug count incident, when Griffith said that Guts was completely insignificant, and it didn't matter if he lived or died. If Griffith's powers were incomplete until Guts died, I doubt he'd have been so indiferent.
Agree.....Although IMO Femto was just fucking with Gut's head by making it seem as if Guts was insignificant to him (eg. like a cockroach). But later on at the meeting at the Hill of Swords, it was clear that Guts was still on his mind.

At the same time, it was clear Femto was on a whole other level than any mere mortal. Recall in their meeting, Femto was able to launch Guts into a wall by just looking at him.....almost killing him in the process. Not to mention, the way in which Griffith, effortlessly, made the Emperor look like a little bitch in their first encounter.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Prince wrote:
Istvan wrote: I think yes. There seem to be two parts to the ceremony, from what I can tell. The first is that for it to even occur you have to sacrifice that which is dear to you. Griffith did that. Guts and Caska have the brand, they've been sacrificed. They aren't dead yet, but they have been marked as belonging to evil, and Griffith did his part. The second element is that the souls of those killed seem to play some role in the transformation. Griffith finished transforming before the eclipse was over. Ergo, his transformation was complete, and he doesn't need them to die to achieve his full powers. As a final piece of support, remember the incident at the end of the slug count incident, when Griffith said that Guts was completely insignificant, and it didn't matter if he lived or died. If Griffith's powers were incomplete until Guts died, I doubt he'd have been so indiferent.
Agree.....Although IMO Femto was just fucking with Gut's head by making it seem as if Guts was insignificant to him (eg. like a cockroach). But later on at the meeting at the Hill of Swords, it was clear that Guts was still on his mind.

At the same time, it was clear Femto was on a whole other level than any mere mortal. Recall in their meeting, Femto was able to launch Guts into a wall by just looking at him.....almost killing him in the process. Not to mention, the way in which Griffith, effortlessly, made the Emperor look like a little bitch in their first encounter.
And don't forget that he shattered a cannonball by glaring at it. I think that impressed me the most of what we've seen him do so far, ability wise.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The Prince wrote:Agree.....Although IMO Femto was just fucking with Gut's head by making it seem as if Guts was insignificant to him (eg. like a cockroach). But later on at the meeting at the Hill of Swords, it was clear that Guts was still on his mind.
Just wanted to add Femto met with Guts at the Hill of Swords may be due to some unconscious impulse by his vessel (the baby of Guts and Casca) to meet his 'parents'. Of course, this may not be entirely correct since the only 'unconscious impulse' that was seen was when Femto rescued Casca.

Also, I just wanted to add that the last page the Kushan emperor looked like a tower. Could Miura be trying to mirror a Tower of Babel theme? The underlying theme of the story was basically Babel (in this case, the emperor) trying to rebel against/challenge God (Femto). I don't know if Femto would knock the tower down and splinter the Kushan language, but I found this interesting.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Eldo wrote:
The Prince wrote:Agree.....Although IMO Femto was just fucking with Gut's head by making it seem as if Guts was insignificant to him (eg. like a cockroach). But later on at the meeting at the Hill of Swords, it was clear that Guts was still on his mind.
Just wanted to add Femto met with Guts at the Hill of Swords may be due to some unconscious impulse by his vessel (the baby of Guts and Casca) to meet his 'parents'. Of course, this may not be entirely correct since the only 'unconscious impulse' that was seen was when Femto rescued Casca.

Also, I just wanted to add that the last page the Kushan emperor looked like a tower. Could Miura be trying to mirror a Tower of Babel theme? The underlying theme of the story was basically Babel (in this case, the emperor) trying to rebel against/challenge God (Femto). I don't know if Femto would knock the tower down and splinter the Kushan language, but I found this interesting.
As strange as it sounds, I think you might be on to something. When you consider the outrageous height of the emperor's facade, breaching several tiers of cloud cover.....and how the Tower of Babel was made for the sake of reaching the "gates of heaven".

Damn your smart.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Prince wrote:
Eldo wrote:

As strange as it sounds, I think you might be on to something. When you consider the outrageous height of the emperor's facade, breaching several tiers of cloud cover.....and how the Tower of Babel was made for the sake of reaching the "gates of heaven".

Damn your smart.
Even if Miura didn't intend that imagery, it's still a very interesting comparison. And who knows, given all the other little elements hidden away in the story, Miura may very well have intended such an image. It's one of the things that makes Berserk so awesome, you honestly can't be sure.