You know you've read too much berserk when...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Is this too dumb of a thread to let live?

yes
10%
yes, please call MrFelony's Probation Officer and have him locked up
22%
No, let the people spam away.
68%

Total votes: 209

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: You know you've read too much berserk when...

Post by lon3vvolf »

Damn I missed the whole argument about how old Guts is. You guys gotta remember that time flows differently in the Berserk-verse. Oh wait, this isn't the stupid theories thread :stupid:

You know you read too much when you try to think about how old Griffith is... with all the torture in the dungeon, being reborn, and looking like a girl thing going on I have no idea :?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Prince wrote:
Fuji Nagase wrote:i know in my head that this whole discussion is so ridiculous..so entirely useless and trivial, and yet i have to argue. i dont know if caska is older. girls mature faster so i think that going on from what you said about them meeting and guts seeming younger..i dunno. maybe but i think its equally possible that she is the same age or younger. not that it matters really. now nobody knows how old she is because of the current state.

so i think ill say i was right with the guts thing. traveling adds up back then and he is almost surely is older than 21. im going with 22-23. 'u'
Actually Guts and Caska are exactly the same age. As I heard (from a credible source) that in Elfeigm, the Fairy King will reveal that they are in fact brother and sister.....fraternal twins actually. Where Caska dropped out from her mother's corpse, only after Gambino picked up baby Guts and took off.

It will also be revealed that Griffith is in fact Gut's father.
I think you're a little confused. Stuff like this belongs in the Stupid Theory thread, not this one.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ill take it as sarcasm. i already noted that it was trivial to discuss their age because it seemed like they were close anyway, so if it was in fact sarcasm, then its still misdirected. seriously, stupid theories thead man.
Finito

Post by Finito »

... when you believe your a Miura family member.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

... when you take the time to read through all of the stupid theories and then comment on them.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

when you see a disgrunteled middle aged man on the street in japan and wonder if its Miura...

when you go through a tunnel and hold your breathe, wish on a star, pray to wahtever, it always is asking for "caska to get her momory back or for...berserk something....."
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

when after drinking 5 RumColas (rum+ Coca Cola) you start to mumble shit about griffith and, when everyone has accepted it as some kind of Joke and started to ignore you, you sit up and yell "YOU ARE GONNA GET IT GRIFFITH!!! GUTTS WILL KICK YOUR ASS!!!
All this in english, despite the fact that you live in south america, so everyone talks/speaks in spanish.

I was really, but really drunk. I dont drink alcohol very often, so...... :oops:..dont judge me.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

You're playing 20 questions with Anime characters with your friends.
On the first question, your friend asks, "Is it Gutts?"
"...Yeah. Fine, I have another one."
"Is it Griffith?"
"...F**k."
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

Rolos wrote:when after drinking 5 RumColas (rum+ Coca Cola) you start to mumble shit about griffith and, when everyone has accepted it as some kind of Joke and started to ignore you, you sit up and yell "YOU ARE GONNA GET IT GRIFFITH!!! GUTTS WILL KICK YOUR ASS!!!
All this in english, despite the fact that you live in south america, so everyone talks/speaks in spanish.

I was really, but really drunk. I dont drink alcohol very often, so...... :oops:..dont judge me.
i laughed so hard at this one!
i used to have some similar situations when i was in high school. i would be sleeping during class and then suddenly start mumble stuff, and then stand up and yell all about-..yeah. a lot of it was more about the eclipse though. i guess it depends on what part you last read/saw. though guess i dont have to be drunk, hahaha!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Everyone has been staring at me oddly since then.....Did they do that kind of thing to you?
I mean, its really, but really embarrasing.

Anyway. on a brighter note......some of my friends began to ask me about this "berserk thing" and I have already performed 3 convertions to the BERSERK religion!!! They are now berserkholics like me. :beer:

You know you have read too much Berserk when you begin to percieve berserk as the one true religion, and feel strangely compulsed to spread the new faith....
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Hahaha, yeah, totally dude! After I bought the whole Berserk anime on dvd I've gotten most of my friends to sit through a whole 13 hour, or so, long marathon on only watching Berserk. After that, before I figured out how all of this internet stuff worked and found this site, my friends and I looked everywhere for Berserk stuff. I even bought two Japanese mangas. Though, they were 21 and 22, so they didn't really do anything for me, other than I could verify that Rickert was still alive.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You mean you BOUGHT the anime? *Sarcasm at full power!!!!* You can do that? *Sarcasm off*

:mrgreen: Just kidding....Anyway, why would you do that? I mean....its not cheap and the anime is everywhere on the Internet.

*Monologue Starting*
-May be it has some kind of sentimental value to buy the original?
-Yeah, its probably something like that, I did the same thing with all the Blizzard Pc games (Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo)......
-But, still, the quality cant be that different, so having the original wouldnt feel so different from the downloaded version...
-And Miura takes such ridiculously long breaks between releases......he doesnt deserve my money!!
-But he IS the author of Berserk, such a magistral creation makes him worthy of ALL my money.......
(the monlogue continues like that for hours)
*Monologue Ending*

You have read too much Berserk when you spend all night wondering wether you should buy the original Volumes and DVD or stick to your strict "never let the author have any benefits despite all his hardwork" policy.

May be what I need to make the correct choice is some prayer.... :stupid:
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Rolos wrote:You mean you BOUGHT the anime? *Sarcasm at full power!!!!* You can do that? *Sarcasm off*

:mrgreen: Just kidding....Anyway, why would you do that? I mean....its not cheap and the anime is everywhere on the Internet.
Because Youtube or div-x'ed videos look like shit on a 106cm flatscreen tv and sound like bleh on a 5.1 surround system? And anyway, 60 Euros for the 6 Berserk DVDs is still kinda cheap. I've payed like 150 Euros for the Evangelion DVDs many years ago, and like 200 for all the Full Metal Alchemist import ones.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Yeah sure, may be for you rich (relatively speaking) europeans 60 euros is a piece of shit, but down here in south america thats quite a lot.

I cant afford that. :(
~Diogenes of Sinope
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I bought them because I loved them and didnt feel satisfied just renting them from blockbuster
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

You can RENT anime over there at blockbusters? The only thing we have available for rent here are the LOLpokemon movies...
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Aetherfukz wrote:You can RENT anime over there at blockbusters? The only thing we have available for rent here are the LOLpokemon movies...
:shock: thats kinda sad.....

Pd: Where is your avatar/signature from? ( Is what or where in this context? )
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

My avatar is one of the great drawings of Wen-M, the background of the sig is from deviantart too (Sea of Ruin), and the guy in the sig should be Sanji from One Piece I think. Got that one from deviantart too, it was labeled only with "sadness" or something.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I got the entire Berserk in one pack set, not the separate DVD cases. It was $ 60 Canadian, three years ago when our dollar was way worth less than the American. Now that we're higher, I get to buy Berserk books from my manga place at the American price. Which is way better than when they were like $20 a piece. To me Berserk is worth buying because it's much better quality than a download, and the music just works way better on the dvd. Plus, you get all of the extras in one little package, like the English dubbing bloopers, which are awesome. It's like a Berserk abridged by the actors who aren't super into Berserk. Though, I'm sure by the end they were. The best blooper was any time Void (aka Jim :P) decided to get creative.

Plus Griffith likes to sing :TMI:
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I'm just a girl that can't say no!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

"Nana nana nana nana Batman!"
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

"Darkness imprisoning me, i don't know the rest of this song"

"Sink, suffer, self destruct. Rise, stronger, reconstruct." - Lamb of God
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Dude! I totally didn't figure it out until you wrote it down, but he tried to do a Metallica song! That's awesome!

Anyways

"Berserker ... dun dun dun ... Berserker!"

(Guts making fun of Clerks 1)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

... when I tell you to go look at the Berserk Merchandise (and plushies!!!) thread to go look at all the money I "wasted" buying Berserk related things.
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... 00#p101767

I've recently acquired a bit more but haven't taken pics as of yet, mostly doll... ermmm 'action figures.' :wink:

... when you think all that money you 'wasted' on Berserk is not actually wasted!
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Aetherfukz wrote:My avatar is one of the great drawings of Wen-M, the background of the sig is from deviantart too (Sea of Ruin), and the guy in the sig should be Sanji from One Piece I think. Got that one from deviantart too, it was labeled only with "sadness" or something.
Uuuuh....are you sure? One Piece is my #1 obsession and I feel save saying that isn't Sanji. If it is then the artist did a completely different version of him, that isn't even a suit he's wearing.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.