Berserk Cosplay

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: Berserk Cosplay

Post by lon3vvolf »

Gabriel wrote:And about the travelling... I would realy love to but just imagine, packing this "stuff" into the plane and our everyday clothes... Ergh... Even if it's possible, noone has that amount of money. Even delivering through the city with a car is a special torture for us. And Gutts sword was nearly too long to be transported by an ordinary car.
Yeah I can just imagine it now. Your trying to get your luggage through th x-ray machine... "Sir, what is that? Is that armor our transporting? And you sir, is that a giant sword as your carry-on?"
If you do ever happen to visit the US you should ware your costumes and have a EG member pick you up lol. :lol:
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Well, as weapons laws go, swords are okay as long as they're in a bag and you tell everyone about them. Though, it's still the best idea to make a costume sword out of wood because then you have almost no worry of it being banned. What I'm worried about is bringing a $5 toy gun for a different cosplay across the border. Now that would be hell to take across the border. And you think the American border control is bad? Just go to France, they're way worse.

Anyways, how did you guys prepare for the armor? I'm hoping to learn to make armor, as a future costumer, but I'd personally go with the easy route and just hammer some aluminum, not steel. The difficulty with armor is actually one of the reasons I'm going to do a Roderick costume, plus he has a cool pirate looking coat. What's interesting is that, other than Guts, all of the new characters don't have armor. That should be easier for the cosplayers in the years to come.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
ZiMaze
imanewbie

Post by ZiMaze »

Hi Gabriel, The Major!

I hope you dont mind that I posted your cosplay here, they were really cool, and I just had to share it!
Now your probably guessing who I am, weel that's a secret if you dont know ;p (but I guess it's not hard remembering me from the last pic, but hey, you had a lot of fans sorrounding you^_^;) okay, just wanted to greet you guys^^
[img]http://angels_den.extra.hu/sign.jpg[/img]
Gabriel
imanewbie

Post by Gabriel »

ok...
To ZiMaze:
No prob about posting us here. The cosplay is for everyone. But at least you could've defended us from the quite annoying comments like "They're too slow..." and Griffith' look. And we hadn't had so much fans, just a few maniacs who helped us and realy wanted to know what we did for this cosplay. BTW thanks and if you want you can talk to us by MSN or email. And I think I remember you... 8)
To The Herald:
I know what are the laws for weapons and stuff, so that's why I said that maybe it'll be difficult to take the "steels" abroad. And if I can do it, the delivery prize for the weight and luggage would be crazy. But at least I hope someone will help us If we wanna do a show at the German con...
The training for an armour. Well, you better get ready 'cause it'll be hard as a steel. Well, just if it'll be heavy. The main thing is that you have to get ready your body for an additional weight and a littlebit uncomfortable "shirt". :D So, make pull ups, and strenghen you back muscules extremly. And for some additional stamina take an old backpack and put old unused schoolbooks for weight and run with it. I made this but for 1 year and quite offten. But if you use aluminium, than it wount be a problem, just do this but not as much as I did. BTW aluminium... Carefull with it, because it's very soft.
To Ion3vvolf:
Not a bad idea... An EG Member could help us by booking the flight and the hotel + pay for it. 8) LOL For me, going abroad like US is a dream... Maybe next life
To Fuji:
Your cosplays are awesome! I think I can hide under my mommy's skirt after seeing your costumes. And for my own weight... If I use the armour I have a normal weight. :lol: So be proud of your costumes and enjoy all of it! So, if every you find yourself near our country... your welcome and you can drop by anytime you want to see the polished "stuff".
ZiMaze
imanewbie

Post by ZiMaze »

Gabriel wrote: But at least you could've defended us from the quite annoying comments like "They're too slow..." and Griffith' look.
I only saw the youtube links today, and I was going to defend you guys but I saw that you allready did that part :oops: ^_^;
Gabriel wrote:BTW thanks and if you want you can talk to us by MSN or email. And I think I remember you...

heh, no problem, and I'm glad you remember, dont be surprised, I'm going to add you to my msn list now 8)
[img]http://angels_den.extra.hu/sign.jpg[/img]
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Good idea with the old school books. Though, for me they aren't old, that would just be a normal day for me. Geez, now you have me wanting to actually make myself a suit of armor. Though, in a few years I'll probably be too big for it :P. Though, I'd never have a real metal sword, because I had one confiscated before and it really isn't worth the trouble. Personally, I enjoy the eras before plate armor came around, so my dream suit of armor would be one of the old scale mails from Rome or maybe a full French suit of chain mail.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

Gabriel: thank you for your very uplifting comments! they were so nice. if i ever find myself in your guys's area, ill be sure to let you all know!

i have always wanted a full set of armor that i designed and created for me. but i think because in terms of armor, there is a few very big differences between what men and women need/wear, its harder. i couldnt just make do with armor pre made online because most of it is for men, and the ones that are for women are..well, i think hard to match bodytypes. so one day..far from now, i will make a full suit of armor and go pillage. until then, i will continue to make cosplay armor...sigh T.T

im really close to getting into the hobby of buying swords(well all weapons really) because...well i just love the damn things! the design elements and the history of them is always so amazing to me! but sadly this is still one day far from now...
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Hey Gabriel, I only watched the video without sound so I couldnt comment on acting (also didnt hear anything over the music the few moments i did have sound), but I took the "slow" movements as a restriction due to the weight of the armor and sword. I mean, sure Guts moved kind of slow, but come on! it's a freaking behemoth of a sword! I'm not even sure if I could swing it a lot, let alone for the long amount of time he did. I'm impressed that he was able to swing it the amount he did. I think the only critique i have is that it seemed that you guys used a lot of the same movements throughout the whole thing, but I think that was probably due to the restrictions of the Dragon Slayer and not on your guys' creativity. I mean how many moves does one really have when using such a large sword? :lol: You guys looked awesome and I thought it was great to see you guys duke it out. One thing that I think would be awesome if you guys ever decided to do a video would be to make a fake arm, and instead of just cutting Griffiths arm, Guts actually chops it off 8). If you could pull that off I think that'd make for an awesome and hilarious ending. a huge "take that Griffith!" lol. There are actually a few people "close" to you. just go to the Off the Wall section and check the "location frapper." and feel free to stick around and post some ;).
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

To Gabriel: Well if you never come to the US maybe we should all go visit you guys! My hometown is only 2 countries north of you. Ill let you know if I ever visit, so maybe we could form up a mercenary group and you could get your own kingdom hehe.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I have no idea why I didn't post this earlier, but for years I've been thinking of doing a Femto costume. What does anyone think about it? I've always wanted to make wings, like realistically sized ones, and Femto falls under that catagory. As does Van Finel from Escaflowne, but Femto is so cool. My brother said it was a stupid idea because then I'd keep whacking people at conventions with them. What does everyone here think? The Desert Punk costume looks really super easy, so I want to challenge myself.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:I have no idea why I didn't post this earlier, but for years I've been thinking of doing a Femto costume. What does anyone think about it? I've always wanted to make wings, like realistically sized ones, and Femto falls under that catagory. As does Van Finel from Escaflowne, but Femto is so cool. My brother said it was a stupid idea because then I'd keep whacking people at conventions with them. What does everyone here think? The Desert Punk costume looks really super easy, so I want to challenge myself.
Well, for a Femto costume (as opposed to Van, or the like) I wouldn't think wacking people with the wings would actually be a problem. Femto's wings are more like a bats, they connect between his arms and his body. True, you easily could whack someone with those, but probably not on accident.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

You know what's funny, when you first look at Femto his wings do look like they're attached to his arms, but they're not. They go down like bat wings, but they aren't attached to his arms. Take a close look of when he's holding Casca right before he rapes her. His arms are clearly not attached. Which, of course, give me a bit more to sew, but it's not too much hassle. It's not like the darn things have to stand up of their own free will. My brother's concern was that they'd hit people's legs and stuff. My concern is that I'd have to do a shit load of stuffing on the body suit to get Femto's wierd muscle structure. If I'm going to do a Berserk cosplay it might as well be perfect. I should totally get my little sister to be Ubik :P.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

DOOOO IIIIT!!!

ive seen a few femto cosplay pics but none that are really good. also, dont worry about hitting people, thats half the fun. big costumes get lots of cool attention even if people dont know who they are. i think you could do a great job if you want! my vote is YES!...and then go to AX or comic con....
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Okay, you've convinced me, I'll do it. Plus I'll post my works monthly :P Though, I'm pretty sure most of it will be done in July, because that always happens. Still going to be Desert Punk for Sakuracon.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

sounds good.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Gah, too many people have been Desert Punk, screw it, I'm doing Femto like I've been wanting to for years. Plus, I can pull it off better than this guy, I bet 8) http://www.cosplay.ph/resume/costume/thumb/186.jpg This is a good costume, lots of detail, but it just doesn't fit him right. I also always thought that Femto's body was his body, not armor, so that's how I'm making it. Plus I don't have to go out and buy a chinese hat :P

Or maybe I should just go with dead Judeau or Roderick like I had planned before! Oh man, I'm so confused.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

image cannot be displayed blah blah blah ?:p Upload it on imgshack?
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

I've always wanted to make the armor that Guts was wearing when they broke Griffith out of the tower in the manga. To me it's probably one of the most bad ass sets of armor he ever wore, just something about the look of it makes me smile. Though it'd take alot of work to really make a decent version of the armor, and i'm such a noob when it comes to making things like that.

"Sink, suffer, self destruct. Rise, stronger, reconstruct." - Lamb of God
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

hey! thats the part of the manga/anime my caska armor is from! hahaha. well yeah, cosplay is quite a challenge, and even more so for armor. you cant usually use tutorials because all armor is quite different and so you have to usually mix and match for the right combination. also, theres whatever materials you prefer to use too.

The Herald:
i would suggest you think about it terms of

1)time
2) money (project an estimated amount)
3) desire to want to cosplay that costume

its all about priorities man! most berserk cosplayers respect berserk enough to not want to do a half-assed job and from what i rememeber you are one who agreed. so with that in mind, i would think about which you could do the best on, this may be which one you know the most about how to make the costume or how much material you already have, or even just which one you want to cosplay the most (that is actually the best deciding factor for cosplay usually)!!

anyway, i hope that helped.

oh, and cosplay.com just says that they dont like hotlinking.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Well, you see, that's the problem :P. I want to be Femto because he's Berserk, has wings, and I've already figured out how to do it. Being a costume major in the theatre/ film department here at UBC gives me resources like you wouldn't believe, so I can basically learn to make anything. Also, because I'm so goddamn ecclectic and eccentric I like almost anything that's worth watching, and all characters from it too. I made a Braska costume from FFX for God's sake! So, the final choice is, I'm going to do Femto because ever since I saw the anime 3 years ago his image has stuck with me, in an odd way. The only other characters who have stuck with me more were Judeau and Roderick, and Judeau's dead :P. And the reason I'm not doing dead Judeau is because he's dead, the blood would be gross and expensive, and the armor would be expensive and awkward to wear. The reason I'm not doing Roderick, at least not yet, is because my hair is not long enough and he's not in English yet. I also am not quite sure what the colors of his costume are and everyone would think I'm a pirate from a videogame like Skies of Arcadia. So, after all of that, I will be Femto. And I'm very sure none of you cared to read all of my brainstorming, but whatever, I've made my choice. :smoken:

P.S. Oh geez, it's going to be funny wearing lipstick all day.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:
P.S. Oh geez, it's going to be funny wearing lipstick all day.
Admit it, that's why you want to do it.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Hells yeah, you know it :beer:
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

be sure to post pics when your done! good luck!
twomz
imanewbie

Post by twomz »

I was reading along in this thread and noticed that how the sword was angled on his back was brought up... from what I can tell it hangs off some hook on his right shoulder (from the eyescrew + chain link near the handle) and there is a chain with a leather strap that goes from his other shoulder around it to either back to that shoulder or belt or something (it hangs loose when he pulls out the sword).

At least from what I can tell ;).

Always fun to join a new forum for one post ^.^
Gabriel
imanewbie

Post by Gabriel »

Huh... I neglected this site for some reason... Well. 2 month after the show I'm still dizzy. And lol, still not made than stand for the "iron slabs". But it will be ready after 2 weeks... or I hope so. And for Herald: Gambatte! I'm realy curious what can you make. I think I'm not a real cosplayer instead I want to learn how to fight much better in those plates. And a word about Gutt's sword... it's still huge and extremly decorative in a room. ^^ Maybe I can say that I doubt I'll se a better one... Even if they make from steel.