::Naruto::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Re: ::Naruto::

Post by Grahf »

top right panel last page. That isn't Itachi's shadow unless its his partner the fish faced guy. Well Talk is good as long as there is some sort of revelation.
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Damn dunno I deleted it but kept 365. We'll find out next week. 90% talk 5% fight 5% naruto crying.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

So naruto is the 4th's son?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Jiri is going to die or get rolled on hard.

Yeah so Naruto is the 4ths son not like its a big surprise. Though I really wonder what his mother was like. :lol: The way they were talking about her she sounds interesting. I'm sure we will get that story sooner or later.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Not a big surprise that Namikaze Minato (The 4th Hokage) was Naruto’s dad, but I was really glad to finally see them admit it, heh. As for Jiraiya, I think he’ll whoop some arse if it really comes down to it. He’s one of the Sannin, don’t underestimate him too much. Now, if he gets into a fight with Madara, that might be a problem, but I still doubt he’d go off and get himself killed. I would like to see him in another big fight though, he is my favorite character after all, heh. I mean, that one time even Itachi AND Kisame had to run away from him, and they’re both pretty powerful, even for Akatsuki. So, we’ll see. ;)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Itachi said that he could beat Jiri except he would die in the process. Plus Pain is someone who has kept the rest of Akatsuki in order himself. Nothing is known about him where as people know of Jiri. If he was going there to kick ass there wouldn't be this sort of I've done everything I've could have done feel to him right now. The way the last couple of chapters have been written shows that something is going to happen to him. I find it hard to believe that just because he was a sannin means much of anything. Ok he could be hokage if he wanted to and Pain seems like he is on a similar level as well.
"Context is for Kings"
Orioz
imanewbie

Post by Orioz »

I bet Pain and the fourth had some kind relationship...
They're maybe brothers, they look so much alike.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Actually, being a Sannin does count for a lot. They were given that title for a reason, being that those legendary three are known to be 3 of the strongest ninja. Pain very well may be as strong as Jiraiya, or maybe even stronger, but at this point that’s still just an assumption. Either way, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jiraiya ends up meeting his match in either him or Madara, but we’ll see. Also, I seriously doubt Pain is related to Minato. Having never seen him officially colored, we don’t even know what color his hair really is. I’ll tell you, I didn’t expect Sasori’s hair to be the color that it is. :P
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Last I checked Oro was one of the Legendary 3 and he was under pain. For someone with great ambition like Oro it wouldn't make much sense for him to be apart of an organization underneath multiple people. Wasn't he also under the puppet master as well? The Sannin only means something because of the point of view the story is coming from. Thats all the more reason why Pain and his partner are dangerous. Pain could easily be someone who is just for all intents and purposes a nightmare match up for Jiri.

It would surprise me if he holds his own with pain. You know why? I wouldn't make any sense from a plot standpoint (though really thats the essence of Naruto).
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Having never seen him officially colored, we don’t even know what color his hair really is. I’ll tell you, I didn’t expect Sasori’s hair to be the color that it is.
He was actually, there´s a colored cover showing all of Akatsuki´s members (With the ones yet to be introduced with their back on us), Pain has brown hair and the chick has blue hair.

And now it´s just obvious that Itachi doesn´t want to kill Sasuke, ever since Madara talked about his fight with Deidara he´s been acting alot more "human", he even tried to to some casual talk with Sasuke in this chapter.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, we shall see how it goes, Grahf. I don't think Orochimaru was under anyone except Pain, while he was in Akatsuki, and only because he was the "leader". I don't think they've said what Orochimaru's ranking within Akatsuki was, and we have no way of knowing if Pain was stronger than him. Being the leader doesn't always mean you're the most powerful, and Orochimaru did leave Akatsuki. Sure, it's possible that Jiraiya is no match for Pain, but I highly doubt that, though I could be wrong of course. Perhaps Pain has some special ability that will give him an unfair advantage *shrugs*. In any case, sannin is more than a title, it's a sign of how powerful they had become. It's more than just a plot device. It doesn't guarantee that Jiraiya is the best NOW, but at one time he was seen as one of the greatest shinobi alive, at least within Konoha I assume. Everyone knows that Jiraiya is crazy powerful. The question now is, is he powerful enough to live through an encounter with Pain, if that even comes to be. Personally, I sure hope so! :P
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

They're a little late this week in translating naruto.
Orioz
imanewbie

Post by Orioz »

Jiraiya's torute methods are the best :lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, he is the awesome.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

The ol bambo through the finger nails.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Yeah I saw that on an episode of lost. Anyway finally get to see Jiri's jujitsu and I'm impressed I must say. the problem of course is that he is in unknown lands. We shall see what happens next its obvious to one thing though. Pain is close to the kage level so it should be an even match up somewhat.
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I really wish they would release 15 chapters a week. D=
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

then we will get one or three quality chapters a week then. lol
"Context is for Kings"
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Grahf wrote:The Sannin only means something because of the point of view the story is coming from. Thats all the more reason why Pain and his partner are dangerous. Pain could easily be someone who is just for all intents and purposes a nightmare match up for Jiri.
There it is. Jiri is going to get rolled on plain and simple.
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

They're called Sannin because they got beat.
Looks like frog pervert is done for soon.
Orioz
imanewbie

Post by Orioz »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:They're called Sannin because they got beat.
Looks like frog pervert is done for soon.
Yeah, Pain gonna kick Jiraya's ass.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Feh, talk is cheap. Pain may very well steam-roll Jiraiya's ass, let's see how it goes. ;)
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Yeah that pretty much blew your theory there Starnum. Then again those 3 were younger when they got their ass beat. I'm sure Oro wasn't doing all his dark jutsu to the level he was when he was still a part of the Leaf village.

I would say he was possibly still under Itachi. He got beat by Sasuke in a way that he had a flashback to what looked like a defeat by Itachi when he was probably hatching his plot to steal his body.

It isn't clear if he was the strongest of the three Sannin or not either.

However, Pain, was always posed as a bad ass on another level. He also has crazy eyes.

That chamber he went to with all the bodies, I think he's probably going to be using that transformation jutsu again. He's probably going to make full fledged copies of himself. I'm curious to see if maybe there was some kind of trickery there to how he killed that Salamander guy.

Even if he fairs well against Pain, Pain's partner is still there to back him up. It could be another death for team leaf.
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

I totaly agree on the idea that they where a lot younger when they fought the salamander dude. I dont even think they could summon the three boss creatures and they most defenately can now (or could Oro and the snake are dead). And it would be surprising if Jira could be killed by one man, he could at least escape before he dies.

Anyway, you said it earlier, but nobody continued the talk on the subject of Naruto's mother. I think that the point will be that there is a cool water justsu (Whirlpool country) that will stand against Sasuke's fire justsu.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, I can admit this could be very bad for Jiraiya, but I'd still like to see him throw down some awesome shit. I was also thinking to make the point they were younger then, but Shisho has already mentioned it. I'll be shocked if Jiraiya is killed, I mean, it's Naruto. I'm not ruling it out though, so we'll see. Of course, I'm always happy to see Jiraiya kick some ass, so that'd be cool too. :P