PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by Malvado »

Blocking in God or War is so satisfying man. The game just slows down and you transform into a screaming harpy because you stopped a Greek Hero from face raping you. It was a Hybrid Moment.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Malvado wrote:Blocking in God or War is so satisfying man. The game just slows down and you transform into a screaming harpy because you stopped a Greek Hero from face raping you. It was a Hybrid Moment.
I don't know what the hell, but I approve.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:In what fucked-up manner are you people playing DMC if you say it's easily comparable to GoW?
In that they're both combo oriented action games?

I mean, I could compare Ninja Gaiden to DMC with no problems and Ninja Gaiden has less in common with DMC than GoW does.

Step out of that bubble, Mune.

The world is your oyster.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I agree completly with you Femto. They arent exactly the same but they have alot of things in common.

In DMC3 i never blocked i used the other styles. Dante is so fast and agile when you get used to his styles that you dont need to block.

Blocking in GOW is pretty useless. Since you are almost too good at the start and you kick their ass without a problem and even if you get really hurt there are life chest everywhere.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right, Femto pretty much sumed it up for me. I mean other than that, I was just saying they both had comparable quality of game-play. Basically meaning, I thought they were both really great action games. I mean, of course they have lots of differences too, that's another thing that makes them good.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Blocking in GOW is pretty useless. Since you are almost too good at the start and you kick their ass without a problem and even if you get really hurt there are life chest everywhere.
Dodging or jumping away from them is better anyway.

In GoW 2 though, you get that item that can knock out everyone near you, i liked that item alot.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah the dodging specially rolling away is better.

Heh that item sounds fun.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I beat Gundam Crossfire. Lots of cool One Year War fun to be had there. Now I'm looking forward to the release of Dynasty Gundam.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Def Jam: Icon is actually a pretty fun game. It plays like Fight Night 3 which I also would recommend checking out. Rainbow Six Vegas is very nice, though it suffers in realism because you can just hide after being shot to recover and your teammates can always be patched up.

UPDATE: Warhawk is a nice multiplayer game. It's got a type of arcade feel feel to it, but my only complaint is that it makes my PS3 freeze up. Some people report this problem while others do not. Hopefully a patch is released soon so I can actually play more than one match.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Ok... sorry for the necroing but I've gotta put this out there.

So at work we have some new trainees and I was assigned to this one guy. Seemed like a cool dude, several years younger than me but he seemed alright.

But then we got to the topic of videogames and I mentioned how the PS3 will be coming out with a RUMBLE dualshock3 in the spring of 08. And this mofo says "Are you stupid? The ps3 has rumble on it right now!" And fucking stupidity ensues. I ask him whats he smoking when he plays... if hes playing ps2... or 360 perhaps. I tell him how Sony got sued by Immersion, along with Microsoft and Nintendo but they settled out of court. I tell him how Sony went to court and lost about 100 million with the copyright infringement on the rumble technology to Immersion. But this dumb fuck wouldn't let up. "I've got it and mine shakes when I play. When I play fight night the controller shakes whenever you get hit... and you get hit about 80 times in 5 minutes." What a deluded... ignorant... fucking... retard!

Told his ass the only reason I don't have it is because I sold it when I first bought it due to lack of good games. He goes "How the fuck do you know if you don't even have it?" Science damn it! I wanted to strangle his ass right there. Told him to bet me anything he wanted, if I was wrong I'd give him my paycheck, I'd give him my car, I'd give him a fucking million dollars and he responds with "I don't want anything from someone who doesn't know anything."

So we get to the back to the office and I load up Kotakus article ( http://kotaku.com/gaming/rant/sowhy-exa ... 304225.php )
and tell him to read it but he refuses. I told him before he comes into work tomorrow to play 1 round, and if his controller DOES shake I'll fucking quit my job.

Science damn it! Don't fuck with me and my vidyagames... Just how I told off the Gaystop employee when he told a little kid he couldn't play his GameCube games on a Wii. "They why does it have a flap at the top for Gamecube controllers... you moron."
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Wow, gotta love the willed ignorance. Even if I strongly feel that I'm right about something and a person is telling me that what I know is wrong, I'll check it out to make sure.

I was actually thinking of getting new controllers till I heard about PS3 Rumble controllers in the works. My roommate was obsessed with jabbing nonstop in Fight Night 3 so now one of my controllers will occasionally register a movement when there is none, and it's all thanks to that crazy-eyed retard.

As for games, Heavenly Sword is pretty neat. It plays like God of War and the sixaxis controls when you throw things or shoot crossbows just feels oh so good!
Lair isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The motion controls are a bit sensitive and not as precise as thumbsticks, and there's also the problem of turning the controller upside down in a futile effort to turn faster.

That being said, I can not wait for November. CoD 4, Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, The Orange Box, Haze, and Kane & Lynch. Hopefully those titles don't disappoint.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

I opened up my ps3 on Fri. 13th.
Probably not smart.
Probably not smart to have bought it to begin with.
It sits there and mocks me for not having any time to play with it, and when I do play with it I feel guilty as hell for not doing my work.
But whateva... the only game I:ve bought is puzzle fighter.
My gf and her friend got really into Genji since it:s very pretty and the music is awesome. It was very hard to resist grabbing the controller out of their hands. The horrific camera angle and tricky jumps is a gawd awful combination and watching them do it over and over again made my brain explode. They kept sending me out of the room. We still haven:t beaten it, but it was just a rental so I don:t have to think about it. The only other game I bought was FFX because I never had a ps2 -or any other game system- and it sits on my shelf mocking me. I loved FF7 on the pc and I love the story and character designs but dam if I'm going to sit through 30 grating boring ass random encounters just so I can get to the next cut scene. And every time that clod with the yellow hair speaks I want to smack him and tell him to grow some pubes.

I still read ps3fanboy every day and fantasize about the games I could be playing. I too am looking forward to dualshock 3 though I don:t know why. Argh!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Warhawk.

Enlist NOW!
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Hey man, post your PSN name. Mine's Hindufury, let's play sometime. The only problem I have with Warhawk, though, is when it freezes up.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

dialdfordesi wrote:Hey man, post your PSN name. Mine's Hindufury, let's play sometime. The only problem I have with Warhawk, though, is when it freezes up.
That's a good idea... I'm Stereo-Sushi on the PSN.
However, the PSN friends network is 'tarded.
I have all my movies as MPGs, and it is so Fk'en annoying to get spammed with x is now online, y is now offline when watching movies that I just keep notifications turned off. Ofcourse that means I don't get chat or game invites either. How stupid is that?!?!! It's too much effort to keep having to turn notifications on and off that I gave up... all my "friends" deleted me... *sob* so alone...
I used to play the Full Auto demo all the time, but now it's impossible to find people.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Anyone play Heavnly Sword yet, game looks pretty sweat just wanted to get someone's opion on it that has played it.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

It's a really fun but easy game. The controls work well and when you throw stuff and hold the throw button it goes all slow motion and you use the sixaxis to control where the projectile goes. Really fun when you get Kai, who uses a crossbow, or when you have the rocket launcher. Yeah, a rocket launcher in ancient times.

Anachronisms aside, it is a very nice rental but it is way too short to justify buying (for me, anyways).
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Cut-Seens are amazing in Heavenly Sword. If you have an HDTV, then be ready to drool.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool, lookin forward to it, though I don't have an HDTV. How's the game-play, I heard it gets boring, is that true? Is it really good enough to be called Godess of War?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Its not God of War. Its Heavenly sword. There is no block button, rather different stance that allow you to block. Regular stance blocks all blue attacks, heavenly sword stance blocks all orange attacks, and red attacks cant be blocked, just dodging them will have to do. Now if you are blocking and press triangle an counter will occur. The game play feels fine, its different then god of war and ninja gaiden, but it feels like DMC, where as the levels force to go one way. The game is beautiful, you'll feel for the characters and you'll laugh at some of the cut-scenes.

The game is awesome.

and as for a final boss fight, it comes 2nd for me, 1st was MGS3.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Just got my 60 gig woot! It came with a free copy of Heavenly Sword which I'm enjoying very much. Going to take it to a friends house this weekend and play on his 65 inch projection, as my 29 SD isn't cutting it.

I concur with the post above, Heavenly Sword is a great game. It might be a bit short but its got replay value. I love the Twing Twang segments and the cannon segment in chapter 1.

PSN name is : ilon3vvolfi
but I don't have any online games as of yet... Ninja Gaiden Sigma is next on the list.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I finally rented a copy of Heavenly Sword, and I'm definitely enjoying it. Hm, looks like it might be kind of short though. That's too bad, because its pretty fun.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah Heavenly Sword is really good. But all to short. Played through it in a night of rental. But the story and especially the cinematics were great. And Andy Serkis as the bad guy is sooooo enjoyable. He just knows how to speak wicked charakters :D
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Word around the proverbial water cooler is that a Heavenly Sword sequel is in the works. They may bring back Nariko with the whole comic book death mechanism, but I'm down for playing as Kai.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I just beat the game... and all I can say is
MORE TWING TWANG! (Kais archery!)

Me and my friends actually created a little mini-game. On the level where the village elder guy is running toward Kai and your shooting the soldiers, see how many arrows you can get into 1 guy before he totally hits the ground and stops moving. I got 2 in the ass, 1 in the shoulder, and 1 in the leg. :headbang:

[spoiler]I was so f*cking pissed when I thought that freaky bird guy killed Kai. TWING TWANG motherf*cker!!![/spoiler]