Wolf's Rain

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Wolf's Rain

Post by Brainpiercing »

Has anyone watched this one? I found it atmospherically one of the most powerful animes I've seen. It's certainly (world wise) one of the most original. The animation and the sound/music are all great (if you ignore the noses and the strange space-ships), and it even has an opener which I don't find cheesy. It makes a bit too much use of stupid audience panicker moments (like fades on a gunshot, only to reveal that what happens is exactly not what the audience is supposed to think), but I can overlook the minor faults.

Now for the big one:

In a way it is like Blame. What the hell is the ending supposed to mean? If someone has seen it, and think he understands it, please PM me or something. (so as not to post spoilers here.)

In fact the story is much like Blame altogether, (except the world is totally different), people looking for some sort of key to paradise (which in Blame would be the net terminal gene, or whatever it was called.)

So please, if anyone can give me pointers (maybe I'm just too tired to think right now, I had to watch it to the end....).
Last edited by Brainpiercing on Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

hmm...I watched less than 8 episodes. I really liked the animation and the world that is presented to us. But I stopped downloading it once my HD got royally screwed. The last episode I saw were a group of wolves selling themselves as labour for the humans to get cash and food.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Get it all from boxtorrents, it's only 4 gig or so, and mostly boxtorrents has lots of fast seeders.
Brainpiercing
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

One of the animes In my top 10 all time favorites.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I like everything relating wolves, so I'll dl it. Let's see if it's worth the "wolf" in the name. :lol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

haahahah okay then, I am a HUGE fan of wolves they are my favorite animals next to cats, and I love the anime.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Can't say I am a fan of the anime, ending was garbage, unless I missed an episode or something. I don't know, I thought it was boring, but that is just me.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

STRAY!!

this is definitely a worthwhile anime to watch... the animation was done by the same people who did Cowboy Bebop so youll notice that Spike "isnt" dead ;)

in any case alot of japanese anime seem to perpetutate the notion of reincarnation and never ending cycles... this is an example of it... if you notice at the end...

*SPOILER*
when the world ended when they are walking through the city, it looks like a modern day city.. kinda like NOW.. it makes you wonder how many times its happened before and it just goes to show that there really never was a Paradise and theyll forever be searching for it
*SPOILER*

id say this is definitely worth buying and thats saying alot, in my opinion.. same goes for the sound track.. i have it on my comp but if i get the chance id buy it.. yoko kanno is a muh-fugging genius
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Spike was way cooler than anyone in Wolf's Rain. The characters in CB were generally way better than those in WR. The best characters in WR were the humans. I really liked Hubb and his wife, and the old guy wasn't bad, too.

The wolves were ok, but a little stereotyped.
Brainpiercing
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Brainpiercing wrote:Spike was way cooler than anyone in Wolf's Rain. The characters in CB were generally way better than those in WR. The best characters in WR were the humans. I really liked Hubb and his wife, and the old guy wasn't bad, too.

The wolves were ok, but a little stereotyped.
Yeah, I thought the best characters were the humans as well.

And I also agree that the whole cast of CB kills the Wolf's Rain cast.

Once again, that is just me.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

what i meant was hige looked like spike what with the hair-do and all
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Uh, Hige is shortish and stocky, has brown hair and a chubby face. Spike is lean, tall, and has a thin face.

Hes, the hair-do is similar, but the similarity ends there.
Brainpiercing
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

My download is ready now, so I'll start watching it. Let's see...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

Wolf's Rain is one of the best Animes I've ever seen.
Awesome characters, good story and fitting music.
But I don't really understand the end.
Ashes To Ashes, Dust to Dust, Life is Short, So Party We Must!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Necromancer the start is a bit slow and the mood is not very catchy, rather dark from the beginning. But it picks up after the first few episodes.
Brainpiercing
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Yeah yeah, I'll watch all episodes until tomorrow or let's say I'll try. So there's no possibility I'll stop watching it because of the first parts.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

15 to 18 are entirely recaps, there's nothing new in them, so you can skip them entirely. Continue with 19.

If anyone else downloads this you might want to not download those at all.
Brainpiercing
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

Yeah I can confirm that.
Just a waste of time watching them.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I just watch everything. Got half of the way now. 15/30
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

well i dont know about you Brainpiercing, but that was the first thing i thought of when i first say hige... they are both similar in personality though since they are both lazy bums so i got you there
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

I like the animation but too bad the ending is crap.
I think i understand the ending because of that bad blood got mix with the flower girl the ending will take you back to 21st century.
Kinda shallow or is it just me?? :?
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

I don't hink the end was crap.
It is just hard to understand I'm watching the whole anime again do understand it ^^.
Well ok it is a really sad ending but I think there's a reason why it ended that way and if you know the reason maybe it's not that sad...
Well just my opinnion.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

teo wrote:I like the animation but too bad the ending is crap.
I think i understand the ending because of that bad blood got mix with the flower girl the ending will take you back to 21st century.
Kinda shallow or is it just me?? :?
I don't think so, I think it all started over again, because they really opened paradise. It was an open ending. Will they ever meat again in their new world, are they somehow linked now. Will this happen everytime. What about the others, Blue, the old man, Hubb and Cher.
It was a sad ending but somehow a good too. I liked and and I'm satisfied with it.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, I still think they should have elaborated a LITTLE bit more. Especially concerning the non-wolves involved.
Brainpiercing
BsMoBs
imanewbie

Post by BsMoBs »

one of the best anime with gungrave cowboy bebbop and berserk