Monster News

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Monster News

Post by mrJotaan »

Well I was reading another website and caught this article: http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=8109592

Not sure exactly what this means, whether they're planning to do a live action movie and kill the series, American style!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

It doesn't say they'll scrap the series, it said "movie rights" didn't it? So they might make a film of it, or a live-action series, but that shouldn't touch the anime.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

On the 5th, Shogakukan announced that Urasawa Naoki, author of popular suspense manga "Monster", and Newline Cinema reached an agreement on the production of a live action film based on the series. The release date has yet to be decided, but a formal contract will be signed by summer.

There are only a few instances of a Japanese manga being remade into a live action film in the US – Dragonball is an example in the works. Newline Cinema has produced movies such as Lord of the Rings and Seven.

Monster was serialized in Big Comic Original from '94~01 and sold over 20 million copies in comic form. It has been translated and published in 10 countries, and is currently running as an anime on Nihon TV.

source from MSN-Mainichi

absolutezero Pointed out this news at the ArticNightFall Forums and I thought I would share it.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, this is what I was gonna say before I fucked up Damien's post. My apologies again. :oops:
There are only a few instances of a Japanese manga being remade into a live action film in the US – Dragonball is an example in the works.
WTF?! You're kidding...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Probably they'll change the location in the film to some place in the US and make Tenma an American :).

Oh, and a film about DB might just be about as good as the D&D movie :).
Brainpiercing
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Noooo That would be so lame.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

I could see it being a movie, but there better be no signs of americanization.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Uh, we're talking about the same crappywood, right?
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I've just read Monster lately, and it's pretty damn great. But I think that it will get Americanised and bastardised, so I'm not really looking forward to it. :?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am