How many days do you use a towel for?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Trant
imanewbie

How many days do you use a towel for?

Post by Trant »

As in, how many days will you use the same bath towel before you wash it?

Everyone I talk to says one week.

I can't be the only one that only uses the same towel for 2 days max.

No, this thread doesn't make sense.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

:x
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I use several not cause i dont like using one twice cause i just take the one i find.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Someone is bored. :P

I use a towel anywhere from once to a week. Normally only 2 to 3 days, but when I start runnning low on towels I start to stretch them out a little longer to avoid doing laundry.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe to avoid laundry so i im not the only one that is lazy that way:P
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I try to stretch doing laundry as long as I can. There is a point where I normally run out of shirts, socks and underwear, and decide maybe its time.

Edit: sooks is not a word, but socks is. Also added a comma.
Last edited by Arresty on Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe yeah that a sign that you need to do laundry.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

damn, the way i figure it... since you're clean after you use the towel it doesn't really ever get dirty. unless of course you're using it for other purposes than it goes straight into the dirty pile. i've been on the current towel for about 3 weeks now... i think
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

calvin wrote:damn, the way i figure it... since you're clean after you use the towel it doesn't really ever get dirty. unless of course you're using it for other purposes than it goes straight into the dirty pile. i've been on the current towel for about 3 weeks now... i think
Eww man. It's like a piece of cardboard after 3 weeks I'm sure.

I hate to see what your bath towels look like.

You're probably one of those guys that turns his underwear inside out so he can say that they are still clean. :shock:

I'm going to stop this "use a towel for a week" business. The time is now, comrades. We must make a stand. And I must start by getting a job at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Viva!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Im starting to think that you started this whole thread just to post that pic.. :wink:

I use my towels for around a week. My normal rule is untill they get kinda smelly. And thats about a week for me.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

I only use a towel once and I wash it, of course I have a lot of towels so that explains why I can do it.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

2 days
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Hmm, let us see here... we have a towel, who's purpose is to soak up water. If you actually wash your body, and "clean" it, then all you are doing is getting the towel wet. Also, provided that the towel is air dried... on a rack, it shouldn't go all cardboard on you. Matter of fact, it never happened to any of my towels. You must have some shitty towels. One week usage, but only I use the towel, and it takes half a day for the towel to air dry. You do the math.

To wash it after 2 days is a waste of money, time, water, and cleaning solution. After all, the point of a bath or shower... is to clean yourself, not to wipe it all off with towel after the fact. Of course you could just be OCD or germophobic. Remember, those germs... they are everwhere, even now... they are on you, christ look at your keyboard... they are calling out to you and smiling with every key press...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I take 2 showers a day. So after 14 showers i get a new one. Because my towels start to smell funky.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

air dried=my floor
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

ewww, need a rack man. Perhaps a vent to pump out the moisture in the air. :P
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

Don't you know that indoor air pollution is the worst? And that's the same air drying your towels. Not to mention the fact that mold will usually end up settling on your damp towels. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

PS: The pic came after the thread, I assure you. The idea came to me as I was discussing this topic with a friend of mine. I already had the picture made (sans towel) for a school presentation I did a year or so ago.

I'm sure that eventually you will all see the error of your ways. At least...one can hope.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

The moister/mold issue is a problem with houses that are too air-tight or in envirornments (say, tropicial rain forest) that are naturually moist. You bathroom should not be one of those. The air circulartory system in the house should hopefully have a humidifier and dehumidifier and a HEPA filter to carry away the pollutants. It also helps if you open the window. :P

It happens that my vent is right below the towel rack, thus all the moister is removed before any marginal amounts of mold/mildew and the like have a chance to take hold.

Granted, your living conditions will dictate how often to 'clean' your house, clothes, and self. A construction worker is bound to wash twice a day, while College Professor probably only baths once a day. It just so happens that my towel is fresh for use till I decide to do laundry, it may not need it, but I do it anyway.

Oh, side note. I throw away towels at a rate of one per 6 months, as most towels at that point get worn out and are relegated to being car wash rags. :P
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I shower every other day and use the same towel three or four times.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I used the same for 2 days and it gets washed whenever I can be bothered to pick it up and do laundry...
You'd never guess I have a sert. 2 in hygiene XD
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Until it looks dirty OR starts to smell.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Climate is a huge thing, In the summer i generally want to wash my towel more frequently because they don't dry as well since it is more humid. My towel sometimes doesn't dry by the next day in which case I would not want to use it for more than a few days but generally I use a towel a minimum of 2 days and a max of a week or more, though I used to be one of those one use and wash people. But realized there is not point to do towels that frequently, just a waste of time and money like psi said. And those who leave it on the floor, that is sick. It doesn't dry that way, and that is how mildew or mold starts to grow. If you leave it hung up it will minimize the growth of such things.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

it really is amazing how paranoid people are of a little mold on a towel. even if mold does start to grow because the towel didn't dry quickly, it will die very soon after the towel is actually dry. dead and dried mold has very little toxin in it and would actually only act as a drying agent. unless your allergic to the mold (trust me, you'll know if you are,) a little bit of mold will not hurt you.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Gaiseric wrote:I shower every other day and use the same towel three or four times.
you disgust me...
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Whats disgusting about it?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry