Fact or Fiction, Miura's Health?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Fact or Fiction, Miura's Health?

Post by psi29a »

source
Hace escasas horas en Japón, ha sufrido un infarto de miocardio en su hogar, Kentaro Miura, autor de entre otras obras, la archiconocida Berserk, su obra magna, a la edad de 40 años. Gozaba de una buena salud, pero después de unos días de fatiga y cierto estrés tras su última entrega de trabajos después de tres meses, ha sufrido este ataque.

Tras finalizar el capítulo 279, dejaba sin fecha la siguiente entrega debido a ciertos achaques de salud producidos según sus médicos por un ritmo de vida ajetreado. Así pues, la propia editorial realizó un comunicado hace escasos días, dando como fecha del siguiente capítulo en la revista Young Animal de Hakusensha, para el día 12 de enero.

Es pronto para vaticinar como se desarrollará el estado del paciente, pero posiblemente nos encontremos con que Berserk resulte una obra inacabada y abierta en el capítulo 280, si los médicos continúan con sus prescripciones de reposo absoluto para este mangaka de 40 años, que ha dilapidado su vida entre la violencia que plasmaba en sus obras y el dinero que estas le reportaban.
The above is in spanish, if anyone can translate it better than I can then by all means. So far I get this:
It does little hours in Japan, has undergone an infarct of myocardium in its home, Kentaro Miura, author of among other works, the archiconocida Berserk, its work magna, at the age of 40 years. It enjoyed a good health, but after days of fatigue and certain stress after its last delivery of works after three months, it has undergone this attack. After finalizing chapter 279, it dateless left the following delivery due to certain excuses of produced health according to its doctors by a been busy rate of life. Therefore, the own publishing house made an official notice does little days, giving like date of the following chapter in the magazine Young Animal of Hakusensha, for day 12 of January. It is soon for predicting as the state of the patient will be developed, but we possibly are whereupon Berserk is an unfinished and open work in chapter 280, if the doctors continue with their prescriptions of absolute rest for this mangaka of 40 years, that has squandered its life between the violence that it shaped in his works and the money that these reported to him.
Obviously, the above should be taken with a grain of salt. If anyone has any more information, specifically citing news articles and the like please post 'em.
scary monsters
imanewbie

Post by scary monsters »

That would be most disappointing were it to be true. But, as you said, it most certainly must not be taken as Gospel.

I find it hard to wrap my head around the idea that stress has caused Miura to be prescribed a permanent state of rest, thus ending his career as a mangaka.

However, since this seems to be only a Babelfish translation, maybe there is more sense to be heard.

Perhaps reliable sources can found on some Japanese sites about this matter. I can only imagine that at least a few people on these boards are Japanese-literate enough to find out.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Fact or Fiction, Miura's Health?

Post by Femto »

A few hours ago in Japan, Kentaro Miura, author of the renowned Berserk among other things, has suffered a heart attack in his house at the age of 40. He was in good health but after a few days of fatigue and stress following the delivery of his latest work after three months, he has suffered from the attack.

After finalizing chapter 279, he left no date for his next delivery due to certain health issues caused, according to his physician, because of a hectic lifestyle. The publishing house made a statement only a few days ago, dating the next chapter included in Young Animal of Hakusensha for the 12th of January.

It's early to tell how the patient's health will develop, but it's possible to find ourselves with Berserk being an unfinished piece, an open work from chapter 280 if doctors continue to prescribe absolute rest for this 40 year old mangaka, who has squandered his life between the violence featured in his works and the money they reported to him.
That's my personal translation.

Some things are unclear even to me, so take that as you will.

EDIT: Scratch that.

I just followed the link and it's just a Dia de los Inocentes prank, which is the 28th of December equivalent to April Fool's in some hispanic countries.

So yeah, don't be alarmed or anything, it's absolutely 100% fake.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

OMFG

I almost die after read that , haha jaja , It's just a prank .

Dia de los Inocentes, don't take that seriously at all , as Femtov2 said it's just a fake .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

YOU KILLED MIURA! YOU BASTARDS! thank god that was fake :x
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It's most probably fiction. I have never heard of Miura's health mentioned even in other Asian manga news communities, as manga is integrated is part of everyday lifestyle.

How dare they curse at our beloved mangaka. I curse back at thee, infidel!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I have to admit, until I saw that it was a joke, hearing that Kentaro Miura had a myocardial infarction got me pretty good!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Damn Spanish April Fools, it almost felt like a part of me was going to die for amoment
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

If anyone can figure out who originally posted that, I vote for immediate execution (preferably by something slow, like molten lead) of said prankster. Some things just shouldn't be said.

I was a bit worried when I first read that, but given that it was a Spanish (not Asian) article, I was hoping it was wrong. And boy am I thrilled that it was. That would just be horrible.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I now pledge my heart to Femtov2 as he cleared up a horrible, horrible prank.
Last edited by newbified on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I feel like I averted an e-catastrophe.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

...or so you thought. :shock: ?!?!
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'll assure all of you that it is indeed as my counter part said "100% Fake". I am fine and you can expect Berserk manga for a long time.

-BuzFemtoMiuraTriumvirate
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Holy the thought of never seeing more Berserk creeped me out.

Luckily this wasnt true.

This was a cruel joke, i would hunt down these people that started if i knew them :x
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

so, lock this bitch?
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

I hope someone will post a picture of that bullshit prankster's head on a spear or something before we lock this shit.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Psi called it a bitch, which is somehow affectuous, but you call it shit!?

Respect, man, respect.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I hope someone will post a picture of that bullshit prankster's head on a spear or something before we lock this shit.
If you can figure out who they were, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people more then willing to help.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

This was probably made by some retard exican with no life. I like how he gives Miura a heart attack and then says he "squandered his life" making one of the most renowned mangas? That piece exican. Soliciting lies to the mass media...should be asked a thing or two about why he was compelled to do this...

April fools day exican style.....gay
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:This was probably made by some retard exican with no life. I like how he gives Miura a heart attack and then says he "squandered his life" making one of the most renowned mangas? That piece exican. Soliciting lies to the mass media...should be asked a thing or two about why he was compelled to do this...

Worst member 2007.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Femtov2 wrote:
ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:This was probably made by some retard exican with no life. I like how he gives Miura a heart attack and then says he "squandered his life" making one of the most renowned mangas? That piece exican. Soliciting lies to the mass media...should be asked a thing or two about why he was compelled to do this...

Worst member 2007.
"A few hours ago in Japan, Kentaro Miura, author of the renowned Berserk among other things, has suffered a heart attack in his house at the age of 40. He was in good health but after a few days of fatigue and stress following the delivery of his latest work after three months, he has suffered from the attack.

After finalizing chapter 279, he left no date for his next delivery due to certain health issues caused, according to his physician, because of a hectic lifestyle. The publishing house made a statement only a few days ago, dating the next chapter included in Young Animal of Hakusensha for the 12th of January.

It's early to tell how the patient's health will develop, but it's possible to find ourselves with Berserk being an unfinished piece, an open work from chapter 280 if doctors continue to prescribe absolute rest for this 40 year old mangaka, who has squandered his life between the violence featured in his works and the money they reported to him."

Why? because some guy wants to post lies on Miuras health? No, i dont care i have no respect for that person, he can appologise and i will accept it but until then no, that is dumb. Femtov2, dont go blaming me for being mad that some ignorant person posted that the creator of the first manga i ever read almost died and that he might not be making any more manga.
who has squandered his life between the violence featured in his works and the money they reported to him."
I called him exican because i dont respect him or his stupid post. I appologise for getting angry but death is not to be taken lightly.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:
Femtov2 wrote:

Worst member 2007.
"A few hours ago in Japan, Kentaro Miura, author of the renowned Berserk among other things, has suffered a heart attack in his house at the age of 40. He was in good health but after a few days of fatigue and stress following the delivery of his latest work after three months, he has suffered from the attack.

It's early to tell how the patient's health will develop, but it's possible to find ourselves with Berserk being an unfinished piece, an open work from chapter 280 if doctors continue to prescribe absolute rest for this 40 year old mangaka, who has squandered his life between the violence featured in his works and the money they reported to him."

Why? because some guy wants to post lies on Miuras health? No, i dont care i have no respect for that person, he can appologise and i will accept it but until then no, that is dumb. Femtov2, dont go blaming me for being mad that some ignorant person posted that the creator of the first manga i ever read almost died and that he might not be making any more manga.
who has squandered his life between the violence featured in his works and the money they reported to him."
I called him exican because i dont respect him or his stupid post. I appologise for getting angry but death is not to be taken lightly.
Worst member ever.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Ahaha Femtov2 you're damn right .

That site is from Spain.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Zoddsno1Fan seems to be a racist ass hole as well as a moron.