Official Berserk Information, Needs translating...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Official Berserk Information, Needs translating...

Post by psi29a »

It has OFFICIAL information about the world of berserk, equipment used, berserker armour, and timeline information. It needs translating!

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/world/index.html

^--- straight from young animal, the guys that distribute Berserk in Japan.

If someone can translate that site (about as hard fact as you can get about berserk), I'll be more than happy to host here in forums or as english mirror to young animal.

please?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Sigh* Wish I could help.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I asked/begged my friend who knew Japanese to translate it once this thread was generated. He has yet to give me a response....

If you manage to find a site in Chinese, I can have my neighbour translate it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
shmeare
imanewbie

translation

Post by shmeare »

copy that link in the google search. look up the page using google. then you can click on translate.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

shmeare: thanks oh learned one, but that has already been done via babelfish, google, systran, and others. It is still just a mechanical translation. It needs to be cleaned up, edited, and verified. I have been doing this already, page by page. It would be a lot better to have someone who actually can understand the nuances.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yeah that would be really cool, maybe a berserk fanboy who is fluent in japanese.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Heh, i have three years of japanese in me, and i dont know how to make a freakin sentence. I was able to read somewhat, and able to understand people talking... but once it was summer, forgot all that shit.

As for the Website, i can only pick out somewords and try to firgure out what they mean.

AHH fuck it, i cant read that shit anymore.

What i do know is that Section 1 is the about the story...
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

What needs to be done is a berserk junkie needs to be paid off...

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I gave this link in a berserk topic in a forum i know that there is people speaking japanese.

Also cant one of the EG guys translate?

I mean one of them should be able to understand Japanese or else how do they translate mangas....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

ah you dont no how much i want to help. shame that im only in my second semester of japanese
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Sorry guys, if there was a simplified version I could help you out. I only know a handful of kanjis and that thing is loaded with them.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Url translated: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/world/section1.html

Section 1
Story Outline

Swinging a giant sword, comming to attack a group of demons and continue to battle them, is the insane soldier -Gattsu. Carved into the nape of his neck is a brand of life sacrifice. Always in the world of "Narrowspace" demons keep watch on fate.

The brand "stamped" onto Gattsu, is also on his matchless companion Caska. Durring the Eclipse as compensation for the the God Hand's reincarnation, Caska, Gattsu and thier circle of friends' sacfriced lives were offered to demons.

The lover -Caska, together with Gattsu somehow managed to servive. Henceforth, he, "a thing offered to the demons" is unfortunatly a target for the demons. The magic power of the brand pulls close the relm of the dead. Gattsu and those (physically) close to him are always present in our world and the border of "Narrowspace," the relm of the dead, forms around them. At this boarder, human and demon attacks wind up around them. And so Gattsu has become another person: distant, fighting in isolation. Meeting Puck and trying to rescue Caska allow him to persist with living. His mental state is shown as an apparition (or bugbear?) that visits him.
Well, here's a part I translated... I have 3 years of Japanese study (at the college level). I know the translation is not perfert and, to be frank, sometimes I had to guess on the verb forms. Also, I somtimes did not do a word for word translation (cuz it sounded way wierd). However, its pretty damn close. From time to time, I'll translate a section for everybody. If anyone has one spacific page they want me to do next time (probably same time next week) link it here and I'll do what I can.

P.S. I suck a spelling... sorry.
Koliare
imanewbie

Post by Koliare »

Exizil that makes a lot more sense than just looking at alot of kanji thanks.

As for spelling, i think if its readable its ok. And its ok.
Smallest avatar around.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Exizil wrote:Url translated: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/world/section1.html

Section 1
Story Outline

Swinging a giant sword, comming to attack a group of demons and continue to battle them, is the insane soldier -Gattsu. Carved into the nape of his neck is a brand of life sacrifice. Always in the world of "Narrowspace" demons keep watch on fate.

The brand "stamped" onto Gattsu, is also on his matchless companion Caska. Durring the Eclipse as compensation for the the God Hand's reincarnation, Caska, Gattsu and thier circle of friends' sacfriced lives were offered to demons.

The lover -Caska, together with Gattsu somehow managed to servive. Henceforth, he, "a thing offered to the demons" is unfortunatly a target for the demons. The magic power of the brand pulls close the relm of the dead. Gattsu and those (physically) close to him are always present in our world and the border of "Narrowspace," the relm of the dead, forms around them. At this boarder, human and demon attacks wind up around them. And so Gattsu has become another person: distant, fighting in isolation. Meeting Puck and trying to rescue Caska allow him to persist with living. His mental state is shown as an apparition (or bugbear?) that visits him.
Well, here's a part I translated... I have 3 years of Japanese study (at the college level). I know the translation is not perfert and, to be frank, sometimes I had to guess on the verb forms. Also, I somtimes did not do a word for word translation (cuz it sounded way wierd). However, its pretty damn close. From time to time, I'll translate a section for everybody. If anyone has one spacific page they want me to do next time (probably same time next week) link it here and I'll do what I can.

P.S. I suck a spelling... sorry.
You translated only a part of the info or everything??
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Libaax wrote: You translated only a part of the info or everything??
This is all I have translated so far, sorry for the missunderstanding
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

No i was just hoping for more....
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I really want to nail part 5~6 which is the time line. If we can get that, then we can have our own timeline that is 'most' accurate. (accuracy defined by Young Animal, as consented by Miura.)
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

that sounds good.

Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

First Part of http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/worl ... n5_02.html

Well, here's your fix of translating for this week. My Senior thesis for college is due Tuesday. So anyway, I probably won't do the next 2 sections till after then.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, to bad it didn't provide any new information. Thanks anyway Exizil.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

whats the difference between noble and knights? which one is higher ranked? when i was watchin and reading berserk i was wondering
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, technically you have to be nobility to be a knight. However, generally when the word noble is used, they’re referring to the higher ranked officers.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

I see... sorry for bothering you wiseman
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, no bother.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

OH i remember there being a berserk screensaver on that site can someone give me the link for windows xp I cant find it again.