20050908: Moving some stuff around.

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

What should be done about the topic creation n00b filter?

Keep it at 100 posts, makes things much nicer around here.
45%
Increase it!
5%
Decrease it, n00b filter need only be 15, or 20, or... 25, perhaps 50?
25%
Remove it, let the mods do their job! Let the Interstice flames live on.
25%

Total votes: 20

psi29a
Godo

20050908: Moving some stuff around.

Post by psi29a »

Killfile and Myself created two new sections; Current Events & Politics, and TV & Movies. I've also taken the time to rename sections and move some forums around to clean up the place.

We are also in the process of sorting out Off-The-Wall into their respective sub-catagories. If something related to TV or Movies, you know where to find it, if it was about Current Events and Politics, ditto.

Now, a vote. Should we remove the topic creation post limit, keep it the same, increase it, or decrease it. Currently someone has to have 100 posts under their belt to create a new topic. This was to enforce quality and remove n00b topic creation.

Let me know what you guys think of the changes. :D
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

neat, I like it, good job

I was surprised at first, but it IS good
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Keep it a 100. As much as I love to flame n00bs, it's better to keep things quiet around here.

As for the forum changes, everything looks good, but I'd axe TV & Movies and just let Off-The-Wall be what it's supposed to instead of creating countless forums to cut down Off-The-Wall traffic. We'll have 3-4 forums with little activity as opposed to one where all the stuff happens and then we'd have more trouble with threads being started in the wrong places and whatnot. I don't check every forum on the site and it'll get unnecessarily convoluted/complicated if Off-The-Wall is split into even more subsections.

I liked it when you consulted with the rest of us moderators about stuff like this in Vortex. Image
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Heh, thought I was on a different forum when I first logged in altogether. Changes looks good to me.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Femto: I apologize for that. However, I would have done it regardless of the moderator opinion, so it would have been lip-service to you all and thus disrespectful anyway. loss-loss situation.

I had enough people IM,email,PM me to create new sections that I acted on it. If it doesn't work out, then I'll trim it again. It is an evolutionary process.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I like the new sections- and while I do cry over the loss of n00b threads, we appear to get a bit more high-class dram4 nowadays, as all flaming potential isn't directed at teh n00bs.

And dram4 = good. :kekeke:
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

LordMune wrote:I like the new sections- and while I do cry over the loss of n00b threads, we appear to get a bit more high-class dram4 nowadays, as all flaming potential isn't directed at teh n00bs.

And dram4 = good. :kekeke:
Heh, agreed.

I do agree with Femto as well, there will be forums with too little activity, I think some forums could be condensed into one.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I prefer comedy :P
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:I do agree with Femto as well, there will be forums with too little activity, I think some forums could be condensed into one.
Exactly.

Computing is dead. Music is used for nothing more than spamming. Artwork and Graphics is dead save for a couple of threads (which could be moved to Off-The-Wall anyway if the forum gets axed) and now we have a TV and Movies forum? It seems like overkill for me. I kinda like the idea of Current Events & Politics because we wouldn't have to worry about nonsense spam derailing threads and the fact that there is a forum for it now means that people will probably more willing to start thread about such things. I think the forum should be renamed to 'Killfile Zone' though. :kekeke:

Oh, and I think 'Help and Suggestions' should be moved to 'Mindwerks News and Information' since threads there don't deal with EG exclusively.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I've suggested to psi that Artwork, Music, TV and movies forums could be condensed into one forum altogether, and we shall dub thee 'Entertainment and Arts'. Does that sound good to you guys?

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

We are already getting some minor dram4 going in the Killfile Zone. Excellent. :kekeke:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:I've suggested to psi that Artwork, Music, TV and movies forums could be condensed into one forum altogether, and we shall dub thee 'Entertainment and Arts'. Does that sound good to you guys?
That would be perfect IMO. It wouldn't cut down on the spam I guess, but it'd condense things pretty well.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Alrighty, I'm back from dealing with my new over *ahem* land lords.

I'll condense even more in a minute, let me know what you guys think.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

So it's starting to take shape...

Looking good, so far. Less fractured.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I like the new layout. :D
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

w00tness, not done yet.. but getting there :P

I also preserved our Interstice heritage, and moved back the "Branded". :P
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I really like the changes that have been made. Thanks a lot Psi! :D

As for the post count limit thing, I don't really care about it too much, I could go either way. The only thing that is my concern is a lurker's situation where he wants to start a thread to contribute and can not because of the limitation. Granted this occurrence is too rare most likely to really worry about it, so as ya do.
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I think the n00b filter should be set at around 25 - 50... I mean someone would have to pick up on someone being an idiot after 25 posts right? Well that's just my vote..
As for the arrangement of forums, I think it's great.
Good job with all that. I'm a fan! :)
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Ha. I don't mind any of the changes at all and the forum is better this way.

<- Laik, the lurker.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

If politics and entertainment are removed from off-the-wall then what is left for that section?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Threads that don't relate to anything else?

Check the threads in there now, there is a lot of stuff that is nonsensical and wouldn't fit anywhere else.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Good job on all the changes guys, I think the site looks a lot cleaner now. Special appreciation points to Femto, Eldo Killfile and of course Psi

Don't know if the noob filter has to be so high, but the fact that one exists was very good thinking. I would say try something lower like 25 or 50, but I don't particularly think there is a problem with 100
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

ah so this is why i didn't recognize the place Well i like what i see so far...
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Nice Change and I'd say stay with the 100 posts.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Looks good, nice job.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE