Heroes

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Well there are three posibilities for the bomb to go off: Ted does it him self, two Peter does it which in the last episode seems likely, or three Sylar takes Ted's powers and does it. Linnderman wants it to go off, Nathan wants it to go off so he can become President... well not really but he is just a pawn in all this, and Sylar can now see the future and knows its going to happen and wants it to be him that does it, now that his Mom is gone there is no one to stop him from doing so.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I still like the show, but it feels VERY constructed by now. It also seems to me that the bomb will go off, regardless. Which sort of makes the whole build-up a bit pointless.
While I thought the future world displayed in the past few eps was all good and funny, it didn't seem to make sense to keep it while killing off so many characters in such a short time. If they stick with that, well...

How many more eps are there in season one? Are we even going to get to the conclusion of the bomb story?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

There are either two more episodes or one more episode that is being split into two... I hope we get the bomb and I hope its Ted while holding on to Sylar and Hiro saves everyone.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think we have 2 episodes left, yes? I don't think the bomb is actually going to explode. The future timeline we saw won't happen, I'm betting. I could be wrong, but I think they'll stop it. I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

SO second to the last Heroes aired last night, it was awesome as always. It is going to be a wild hour next show... I saw one future altering effent, that is the black guy dies before Sylar can take his powers.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

god damn.... WTF IS WITH MOVIES AND FUCKING TV??? all this hype shit. HYPE HYPE HYPE and it becomes nothing, just like spiderman 3. FUCKING finale was horrible, i cant believe i wasted my time watching the whole season.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ouch. That seems a bit harsh to me, but meh. I thought it was acceptable, but it could've been a lot better too. It wasn't really anything like what they had suggested though, so that's good at least. Though Hiro did stab Sylar, but of course he's not dead *rolls eyes*. If I had been Hiro, I'd have straight decapitated that fool, after stabbing him like that. I was hoping for a new super villian, but oh well, we'll see. The funnist part, was that he was really just going to kill Peter, and be the hero. Who knows what he would've done after that. Go live a peaceful life or something. Heh, no telling, but now I'm sure he's pissed. That's pretty ironic actually, LMAO. So Nathan turns out to be the biggest hero of all. Damn, what a shock. After he really had me believeing he was just totally self-centered too. Well, I'm sure he's gone, but I wonder about Peter. I mean, sure, he can regenerate...but he freaking blew the frak up. Well, here's to hoping he's just that bad ass...*looks worried*.

Heh, he is Rocky Balboa's son, after all. :P
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:

Heh, he is Rocky Balboa's son, after all. :P

ive been saying that since the beginning... barely got a taste of it (final fight with sylar).

So the theories are....

Peter will be alive becuase he can regenerate, Nathan could have just dropped him then flown away before the blast, and sylar was dragged into the sewer and the secret ooze spilled on him turning him into teenage mutant sylar ninja.

Oh i think i need to mention that PARKMAN is fucking idiot....

HRG: Sylar WILL KILL YOU.
Parkman: No he wont!
*parkman tries to shoot sylar, then gets a belly full of bullets*
FUCKING HILARIOUS!!

molly and micah confortation... wtf is with bad child acting...
molly: It wont work..
micah: watch me bitch i fix machines..
*elevator starts working*
molly: (inner thoughts) well i can find anyone... but THAT ONE GUY!!! OH NOESSSSS FORCED PLOT!!!!!

HRG best character, since he wants to protect his daughter that could technically never die...

HRG: MY name is NOAH!!! bitch like noah fucking arc, im here to save everyone, even though i got no powers BITCH!!

So what happened to the Hatian??? Mohinder is the comic relief of this show, his presence in the show is just a joke...

AND OMG Hiro's stab was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wtf? sylar was like ok ill let you stab me.... After all that sword fighting montage you would think we would have something a little better.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I didnt expect it to be off the hook and it wasnt. Lets leave it at that. Its a good show, not great. The hype shouldnt fool you considering their credentials of having weak plots (no real sense or direction instead of entertaining ep by ep as they go) and shallow archetypical characters. But its entertaining enough, and its fun so thats good enough if you dont take it seriously at all. I mean serious as in expecting much thought to be put into it, instead of being a typical (but well done visually) comic hero saga. Its unique enough and one of a kind tv series.

But I will defenitely lower by expectations for next season...ALOT. Oooohhh its about some big bad wolf that sees Molly when she scans for people and scare her....woopty doo. Just show him to us and see if he is entertaining.

Btw...the feudal Japan ending was RANDOM :lol:

P.S Too much to expect...but since Peter has his brothers flying power....why didnt he think of flying himself?
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Shaka Zulu wrote:
P.S Too much to expect...but since Peter has his brothers flying power....why didnt he think of flying himself?

too concentrated on trying not to explode... im pretty sure that would prevent him from flying away... plus he is weak and needs his brother for everything which the show tried hinting at....

Peter=shinji fucking have awesome powers, but is just an emo bitch.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: Heroes

Post by Sandman »

OK so I just watched the finale and I agree it wasnt as good as I would have thought, but they did change the future :)

Sylar might not be alive but I am pretty sure a stab wound to the lung would kill you eventually. As for letting Hiro stab him I am pretty sure that he just gave into the future... or maybe he saw more instore for him if he got stabed. Its scary knowing the bad guy can see the future and can iminipulate it :( as for slinking into the sewer I am not sure he did it I think it might have been the guy that Molly said looked back at her when she would try and find him.

Peter was the biggest dissapointment in the whole end event, he should have been able to control it or like you guys said flew off by him self instead of taking his brother with him... or jumped in a lake or ocean or something. I did like how Nikki came over and knocked Sylar a good one and then Peter was like "she has super strength I should try that one out" but come on he should have been able to rip a limb off and beat him withit. But instead he gets mad and goes Nuclear then Sylar "shoves" Hiro so he cant stop Peter from blowing up, then he goes into the future telling state which I think could have been a turning point in Sylar. He probably saw that the bomb doesnt go off and the fact that he could still become president without because all the people he needs to make it happen are still alive :twisted:

Well it was a good run cant wait to see what happens in the next season. Although it probably will not be as exciting I am pretty sure it will be a good series.... now off to read the online comic.
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

The entire sequence with Peter moaning for Claire to shoot him was completely unnecessary. In fact, I don't even understand why his character was so frightened. During one of the previous episodes, he's training with Claude. Peter once again complains that he's losing it and does his lights show. Claude knocks him out, problem solved. In this episode, he was hyperventilating and passed out. Simple.

I did however like finding out more about the older generation in their justice-league group. (Which the second season is apparently about) I would like to know why Linderman didn't use his power to heal Charles Deveaux from whatever the hell it is he "died" from. And yeah, Angela Petrelli is a bitch.

Anyone else think the spin-off they're having next year is stupid?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It might not be as good, but I am pretty sure it cant get any stupider then Lost did. Well anyway when he was training with Claude he actually didnt have the power to go nuclear... which is strange because of the lights and stuff but anyway I wander if he gets a scare still and what the hell is Clarie's Grandma's power she has to have one.

oh and when Charlie has talking about how there was a couple of others with powers and some of them lost the "way" I think linnderman was one of them.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

square-enix wrote: Anyone else think the spin-off they're having next year is stupid?

Yes it will be stupid, becuase all it will be is just stories to fill plot holes, which will create plot holes and thus start the comic book idea, nothing truly ever dies. Season 2 i will not watch you, and by season 3 you will become LOST, and by that i mean lost.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I think the last episode has left some plot holes. I mean, at the very least, Peter should've been able to fly off on his own, come on. It's bad enough that he couldn't just control the nuclear power like the rest. Plus, I agree that the "fighting" in that episode, needed to be more...well, like fighting. Especially between Peter and Sylar. Hiro's form looked a little off too. He wasn't actually holding the blade of his katana when he stabbed Sylar, was he? It kind of looked that way to me, but it happened kind of fast, and I wasn't paying full attention. Anyway, that second sword he had was pretty cool though.

Oh, and this is probably a long shot, but is it possible that Peter's old patient, is the one that can see the little girl, when she uses her power? I mean, he did see and talk to Peter in his dream, from beyond the grave. Meh, probably not, but it was just somthing I thought about. I expect whoever the little girl is talking about, is much more intimidating. Well, I still want to see the next season. *shrugs*
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Testing hotness.

(+1)
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Heroes as a whole was one of the best mini series I have seen, the end of season 1 left me wanting more but I still have hope for next season.

You guys remeber the Girl named Wireless, she was the one that could send and recieve transmitions. Anyway in the comic book she dies but her mind stays in the stream of information swerling about the world... I thought that was pretty cool :cool:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe the finale is proof against what you said.

The future was changed twice there, 1: Hiro saving Ando 2: the bomb didnt go off in NY.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote:Hehe the finale is proof against what you said.

The future was changed twice there, 1: Hiro saving Ando 2: the bomb didnt go off in NY.

THEN WHY THE FUCK COULDNT HE SAVE CHARLIE????
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Cause its a HUGE diffrence beteween changing time and changing destiny. Charlie would most likely have died no matter how many times he tried to save her if they meant as it looked like ,it was her destiny to get killed. Just like how it was Ando's destiny to be saved from Sylar by Hiro and how Sylar didnt die even when the future comic showed that. If it was her destiny by the time he met her Hiro would be like the finale where he used his teleporting at will. It would have been a piece of cake then to save her and take her some 100's year away from Sylar.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, there's got to be some kind of limitations to his powers. No one likes a god-moder. :P

Mm, that quote button is sexy.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, there's got to be some kind of limitations to his powers. No one likes a god-moder. :P

Mm, that quote button is sexy.
Yeah there must be limits to how much a hero can change the future. I mean they all planned to stop Peter from blowing and what happened ;)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

It's a constructed POS-plot, and the minute they started time-travelling it was clear it was going to become one.

By the end, everything was forced. Nobody used their powers like they should have. This is the classical mistake of plot writers that think "Oh, we can have superpowers, but then, we still want our lame plot, so the characters better only use them when we want them to." They think about a scene and force everything into that scene. This is BAD plot-writing. Either the plot will naturally enter the scene, then it's fine, or you have to forget about the scene, and let your characters have the plot they should have.

There were so many bloopers in that ending that it was almost funny. Why the hell did Nicky suddenly hit Sylar? How did she even know whom to hit? That's so stupid.
Why was Peter such a sissy bitch?
Why didn't Hiro return to the point in time when he left Sylar after saving Ando? That would have made sense, how did he even know where to go? Why didn't he fricking freeze time? That would be my way of doing things. Before anything bad can happen freeze time and make sure everybody is in no position to DO anything bad. But that would make a bad show, and Hiro would be god. Or almost so.

Why didn't Peter ever use Hiro's ability? He absorbed it before.

Now, I'm not dissatisfied that noone exploded, but I'm dissatisfied with how it happened. Why did Nathan even have to fly off? Just putting a bullet in Peter's head would have been fine, he would have regenerated. Sticking a piece of metal in would have been better, then you could have pulled it out by the time he was somewhere he couldn't harm anyone.

Stupid writers write stupid stories. It was a good budget show, so it looked nice, but the writing was crap. There's no way around that.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I guess I have to agree with you, especially with so many good points. They kind of dropped the ball there at the end. Well, that sucks, but I'll still watch the next season to see if they can make up for it or not.

Yeah man, I'm all for letting the characters write the plot. When I write, I like to just imagine the characters in my mind, and write it out as if I'm just an observer. Even though I know all of the concrete details of my story, and I have a pretty good idea how it ends, since I haven't actually written it yet, I can't be entirely sure how everything will play out. Geez, I hope the bad guys don't win. :?

Also, there's always the reality that when in crisis, people don't always think of the best action or most logical answer. However, that only goes so far, and when your fans can come up with a couple of good handfuls of better paths the characters could have chosen, you kind of have to accept that. Surely one of your smartest characters would have thought of at least one of the better ideas. Just depends on the situation and the possibilities, I guess. In this case, I don't think Nathan had to die (and who even knows if he really did), and that's not even counting the other smaller details. Yeah, I hope they try thinking outside the box a bit more in the next season. Also, for the next season, they need to push the envelope a bit more. The "heroes" are more familiar with their powers now, I'd like to see some better and more creative action sequences.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

The thing is, a character uses his power one moment, and doesn't use them the next, that doesn't make sense. How can people always creep up on Parkman? By not thinking? You would imagine that he's listening for other thoughts while he's running through a building full of hostiles. Peter got a random snoop of Sylar thinking about them, and Parkman, who owns the fricking power, can be fooled time and again. This is just one example of hundreds in this show. Even an average superpower anime will have better character consistency than this show.
Brainpiercing