Movies of 2007

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

MrFelony wrote:spiderman 3 sucked more dick than a free french hooker. okay maybe it wasnt that bad, but it was a complete joke. I couldnt help but laugh at it or cringe in awkward pain.
Honestly, I've always thought you were a moron.
MrFelony wrote:spider man kisses another woman?! what the fuck is that shit. thats dumb ass shit. and what about "I loved your father harry" i couldnt help but burst out laughing at that shit (and half the movie theater followed in suit).
I don't see anything wrong with Spider-Man kissing another woman. He could kiss babies for all I care, and I wouldn't go call him dumb or a pedophile. That was a plot point, Spider-Man was having the time of his life. His insensitivity was the reason for the rift in the relationship with MJ and him. He had rock star status. I suppose you're going to tell me that rock stars are only dedicated to their wives. Also, you have to be gay not to kiss a chick like her.
MrFelony wrote:and was i the only one who thought venom talked like this "tho im going to kill thpider man by thetting a trap with mary jane in a car...THUPER:kekeke:!" i dont know why you're all giving this movie such great reviews. ya i did laugh a lot at it, some at appropriate times, such as when emo peter decided to show up harry's apartment, oh wait that probably wasnt meant to be funny.
I attributed those points as you being a complete and utter moron. So I don't have to bother to insult you further.
MrFelony wrote:what about when peter decides to do a john travolta impersonation. He's supposed to be a bad ass, but he just looked like an idiot and a lot of those girls looked like they agreed.
The suit amplifies his emotions, in case you missed it. So he was acting out in what he perceived as 'cool', in his mind. The whole point of it was that he thought he was cool, but he was really acting like a retard. He's not supposed to act like a bad ass, he's supposed to act what he thought as 'bad ass'. Have you seen a geek/dork try to act cool or tough? That's what it looks like. And it's hilarious.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm going to go ahead and agree with some of Felony's points.

That kiss seemed really out of character to me and not like something Peter Parker would do. It ends up being nothing more than forced and unnatural plot device to easily deteriorate things between Peter and MJ further. I wouldn't mind if he had done it with the black suit on (which would've made perfect sense) but alas he didn't.

The whole strut scene with "evil" Peter was just plain silly and it honestly made me cringe a little.

I mean, him going "into the dark side" was a big part of the movie and I don't understand why they didn't take it seriously.

Felony is still a goddammed moron though.
Last edited by Femto on Sun May 06, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Saw the movie yesterday and thought that the movie was very much like the previous 2 movies with a simple storyline but the fights were far more awesome, even though i thought that they were alot sloppy in showing the new villains this movie (Expect for Harry of course), in the previous movies they liked to shows us alot of cience and "cool technology" to justify the appearance of the of the villains and took some time to it but in this one Venom appears in a almost casual fashion "Wow, that meteor ride sucked, i´ll catch a bike instead", i loved the Sandman forming himself for the first time though.

And what was the the Chicks-like-when-emolike-guys-point-at-at-them?!

And the dancing in the street?! What the hell?!

I was seriously freaked out at that part.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Eldo wrote:His insensitivity was the reason for the rift in the relationship with MJ and him.
MJ is a whore. I wanted her to die, she was the most selfish bitch in the universe. Spider man is over there saving people from a burning train and she is like "It is all about you! what about my shitty vocal cords?"

I did like the fight between Harry and Peter in the mansion though. Just a straight beat down.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

eldo, your point about kissing babies is weak. WHY would i call him a pedophile for kissing a baby? politicians kiss babies all the time. now if he kissed a young adult the same way he kissed the girl then I would definitely comment on it. He could have handled the "kiss spider man" so much differently, like a kiss on the cheek perhaps.

Oh no, i understand that the suit amplifies his emotions. I'm sorry I didnt realize it made him emo instead of a dark bad ass. Why couldnt they have just had him be cool? Parker started off cool with the suit on, then for some reason the longer he wore it the more emo and dorkier he got. ya it was funny, but i thought it was innapropriate way for the movie to go. When I see dark peter, I would rather think "hey, there a cool motherfucker, though he's pretty cold-hearted and cruel" than "what the fuck is the lead singer of (insert emo band here) doing on screen? and why is this emo kid dancing around like john travolta?!?"

I liked the beginning where he was like "ya bitches you see me and you want a piece of me" and the women agreed, but then he just started doing stupid shit. though the seen with his female coworker was golden "that's not the position I hired you for" :lol:

and as for venom talking with a lisp, how am i supposed to take him seriously when he sounds a little gay? i mean he needs to have a menacing voice, but to me i couldnt help but laugh every time i heard him. I'm not the only one i know who thought so. It would have been fine for him to have a lisp in his voice if he didnt have the boisterous undertone behind it.

eldo, take off your fan boy glasses and watch the movie again. and I'm not saying it was ALL bad, just that the tons of crappy shit ruined it for me. I wish they played Balls of Fury instead
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

MrFelony wrote:eldo, your point about kissing babies is weak. WHY would i call him a pedophile for kissing a baby? politicians kiss babies all the time. now if he kissed a young adult the same way he kissed the girl then I would definitely comment on it. He could have handled the "kiss spider man" so much differently, like a kiss on the cheek perhaps.
The kissing babies was a joke. I was fine with Spider Man kissing Gwen because he wasn't taking it seriously, letting the ego and beloved status ride him, and became overconfident that nothing in his world would shatter his life. I see that Brock didn't give a shit that much. What I saw was Parker acting the role as Spider Man, and as an actor would kiss any chick in his role. If it was just a kiss on the cheek, then MJ wouldn't have gotten so jealous.
MrFelony wrote:Oh no, i understand that the suit amplifies his emotions. I'm sorry I didnt realize it made him emo instead of a dark bad ass. Why couldnt they have just had him be cool? Parker started off cool with the suit on, then for some reason the longer he wore it the more emo and dorkier he got. ya it was funny, but i thought it was innapropriate way for the movie to go. When I see dark peter, I would rather think "hey, there a cool motherfucker, though he's pretty cold-hearted and cruel" than "what the fuck is the lead singer of (insert emo band here) doing on screen? and why is this emo kid dancing around like john travolta?!?"
Was I the only one who liked the dorkiness in Peter Parker after the suit, and that naughty dance he did in front of Mary Jane? As I said, that's his perception of 'cool'. It made him darker in his own way. If he knew what 'cool' was, then he probably wouldn't act like such a goddamned nerd all the time. If he thought the guys in Grease was 'cool', then that's what he'll act like. This is Parker with his inhibitions removed, I doubt he cared if he looked like a goddamned tool. Besides looking emo, were there actually large portions of him in the movie acting emo as Parker while wearing the suit? I only noted some brief moments. So besides looking emo, I can't call him emo.
MrFelony wrote:and as for venom talking with a lisp, how am i supposed to take him seriously when he sounds a little gay? i mean he needs to have a menacing voice, but to me i couldnt help but laugh every time i heard him. I'm not the only one i know who thought so. It would have been fine for him to have a lisp in his voice if he didnt have the boisterous undertone behind it.
There was a lisp? I didn't catch it. I saw it twice and still I didn't notice it. It seemed in your previous post that you were trying to give shit for no reason. The undertone in his voice was supposed to suggest that Venom is a separate entity, and that Brock is not the only person in control of his actions. They did it in the dubbing of the animation series too.
MrFelony wrote:eldo, take off your fan boy glasses and watch the movie again.
Already have. Admittedly, there were some bad points about the movie. I have stated before it's not as great as 1 and 2, but to trash it without noting any of the good parts seemed to be bullshit. The good outweighed the bad for me, and the action scenes were awesome. And plus, it's from a goddamned comic. I didn't expect much of the plot to be great, it just has to be decent and passable stuff with tonnes of action. People are expecting Shakespearian and LOTR standards in terms of story.
MrFelony wrote:and I'm not saying it was ALL bad, just that the tons of crappy shit ruined it for me.
Oh, when you say shit like:
MrFelony wrote:spiderman 3 sucked more dick than a free french hooker. okay maybe it wasnt that bad, but it was a complete joke. I couldnt help but laugh at it or cringe in awkward pain.
and then you said:
MrFelony wrote:I'll give you that some of the movie was pretty good, but the fact that so much shit was laughable just makes this movie bad in my eyes.
It seems to be that you're trying to say 'the movie's a complete piece of shit and it sucked incredibly bad OK not incredibly bad but still bad and some was pretty good but it was bad'. A bit confusing, but I get you now. OK, that's fine.
MrFelony wrote:I wish they played Balls of Fury instead.
I guess you should have. The target audience is for morons. It'd be perfect for you.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:I guess you should have. The target audience is for morons. It'd be perfect for you.
Hahahaha.

The good thing about the whole strut scene with Peter in the black suit is that it really shows just how much of a dork he really is (I still don't like it though).

As a matter of fact, I liked how they emphasized just how much of a nerd Peter is in the movie, not just when he talks about acoustics with MJ and the aforementioned strut but how he actually used his head in taking down Venom by using those pipes to amplify those sound waves. Now we need Spider-Man making more wisecracks during fights and more use of the spider sense and we'd have a Spider-Man that's much closer to his comic book roots.

I also liked how the Sandman didn't die and made peace with Peter, a first in comic book movies as far as I know.

I'm with Eldo on this one: I didn't like a lot of things about the movie but the good parts were great and they ultimately outweighted the bad.

Let's hope they use the Lizard for the next one already.

All this Dr. Conners stuff and no Lizard in sight is making me crazy.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Femtov2 wrote:Let's hope they use the Lizard for the next one already.

All this Dr. Conners stuff and no Lizard in sight is making me crazy.
Agreed, though I think it might be a tough sell because Doc Conners in the movie specifically said "I'm a physicist, not a biologist." which is counter to what was in the comics and makes the glide into The Lizard harder to do in movie 4 or onward.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Eldo wrote:if it was just a kiss on the cheek, then MJ wouldn't have gotten so jealous.
no shit, if peter parker was really as in love with mj as he claimed to be then that's all he would have done. I understand why they made him do that in the movie, i think it's just uncharacteristic of someone on the verge of proposing

eldo wrote:It seems to be that you're trying to say 'the movie's a complete piece of shit and it sucked incredibly bad OK not incredibly bad but still bad and some was pretty good but it was bad'. A bit confusing, but I get you now. OK, that's fine.
I'll admit, i was being overly adamant about not liking it in part to just advocate that side of the argument and irk you: i was in a weird mood this weekend. Brock's story line was the only one that i liked throughout the movie. Sandman was done very well, i think the love plot was done well, but I'm just very against the kiss, that semi-ruined the whole thing for me. the fight scenes were pretty good, a lot of them had you cringing at all the hard hits they were taking.

EDIT and i agree with femto, i liked the peace making scene at the end, i thought it fit the story very well
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femtov2 wrote: Venom should've been left for the next movie because they didn't do the character justice.
Thats what i have been telling everyone i have talked to about this movie.

Venom should have been saved and you knew that even before you see the movie that he woulndt get his story told like it should.

He shouldnt share a movie with two other villians when the friggin Doc got his own movie....
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I forget who said it, but i agree that they probably did this to differentiate it from the other two. I think they could have just done spiderman 3 with just Venom, but i'm guessing the producers or whoever wanted as many villians as possible because then it would make it that much more of a draw for people to go see it :?
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Leaving Spiderman3 aside a little while, look at this:

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xe ... ail&id=582

There's a video where you can see the Iron Man armor and the actor inside, moving. It's looking pretty good... man, now I'm gonna get my expectations high :( Hope it doesn't disapoint me :D
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Hot fuzz was pretty good. they did a good job throughout the whole movie on connecting the little things. don't want to spoil anything though. and the suit does look pretty sweet
SpardaBlcak
imanewbie

Post by SpardaBlcak »

the invisible was a good movie
had, at times, great humor
Image[/url]
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hi sparda, welcome.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I watched Spiderman 3.

Well, I have to say, for major parts, the movie is hilarious. In an embarassing sort of way, which is my least preferred form of comedy, but, well...

The fights were also pretty good, although the one against Harry before he bangs his head is probably my favourite, and the final battle is somewhat disappointing after the buildup.

And there was the serious bit, which was, uh, fugly. Every time the movie took itself seriously it totally messed up. Except for the evil Spidey scene with Harry, which was pretty cool, in its way. And the scene in the Jazz bar worked for me, too.

Well, I'm not unhappy I watched it, but I would have expected more, after Spiderman 2.

(And on an aside, I'm definitely looking to watch Hot Fuzz.)
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm convinced that Spider-Man 3 would've wound up as a much better film if they had removed everything that had to do with either Venom or the black costume.

I might go see it again tonight.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Yeah, I've read a few reviews and they usually think the problem was with Venon.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32597

I like his reviews a lot...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

If they wanted the Spiderman ego crisis then they should have put in ONLY Venom. I don't even think that as a social study about what can happen to your ego when you're in the warm fluffy cloud of public love that the movie is so bad. Except there were so many strange bits.

Like why was Peter such an asshole suddenly, even before getting the black suit? Making him act self-centered is fine, but such a change of character?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

why is MJ such a whore? Oh i forgot because she just is! Ugly bitch must be in there for the whore lovers.
ike why was Peter such an asshole suddenly,
What are you talking about? You must be a MJ lover you whore.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I watched Spiderman 3. I liked it.

I watched Pan's Labyrinth. I liked it more than I thought I would.

I watched The Fountain. I really liked it more than I thought I would.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

saw 28 weeks later, i thought it was good, though i have the feeling that this is going to be my spider man 3. both my friends hated it because of how incompetent the army was and some other things. the cinematography was really good, except they used a shaky camera when people were just talking. i think what really made that movie was Imogen Poots. she played the daughter and I've got to say, she is seriously fucking gorgeous. i dont care that she's 17, she is just plain beautiful and i dont really say that about many people.
wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

I agree with Starnum on Pan's Labyrinth.

What's The Fountain? I never even heard of it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Fountain is like this SciFi'ish fantasy love story with Hugh Jackman and Rachael Weisz. It's kind of about eternal life and stuff. It's pretty good, and I really liked it. Though, I do think it may have left a tad bit much up to inference. I'm pretty sure I know what was going on, but it may be confusing to some people. In any case, it's pretty cool.

As for Pan's Labyrinth, I didn't originally know that it was rated R. For me that made it all the better. I loved the dark tone of the film.

I actually got to see 28 Weeks Later on Tuesday, instead of Friday, as I was invited to the theatre for a special sneak-peek by a friend of mine at the radio station. I really liked it a lot, but the shakey camera was a bit off, I also thought. Even when the action was happening, the shaking didn't make it more intense for me, it just left me wanting to see what was happening a little better. Though, everything after Code Red was brutal, and it's a pretty messed up story. I'm a fan of tragedies, so I can definitely approve. Heh, and I even thought the helicopter scene was done better than the one in Planet Terror.

Planet Terror is one of the most brutal and awesome zombie movies ever made. It'll rape your whole family and eat them, it doesn't care. :P
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

'Crows Zero'

The first trailer of Takashi Miike's new work based on a manga of the same name.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqqfrfe0 ... ndex%2Ephp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjt8yPlM ... ndex%2Ephp[/youtube]

'Kantoku Banzai!'

Takeshi Kitano's new work. Oh, the wackiness!

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE