Superhero comics and other comics.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think he is good for BOP just cause he has been writing female comic.

Simone was better than just that.

First writer outside Manhunter creator i saw that could really write my fav female hero Manhunter.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Eh, well, I think character portrayal is just as important as plot. Look at Geoff Johns, sometimes I hate the story, but the characters make up for it.

I think McKeever will have a good grasp of the characters. I'm certain he'll do a good job at the story too. Nevertheless, it's in safe hands, I'm sure.

Gail's going to be writing Wonder Woman. I gave it up after issue 1. Hopefully he'll do a way better job than her predecessors, probably not Rucka though. Goddamn IC erased all of Rucka's work.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Rucka is a bastard, i cant believe what he did to me with Queen and Country who was my fav spy comic. Now he has dumped it for very crappy comics.

My god she left for WW.......
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I did like Rucka's writing in Wonder Woman, but I haven't been exposed to the rest of his work. He's a good writer, he got me to start reading Wolverine again, and stopped right after Millar's horrible Agent of Hydra crap.

I am excited with Simone writing Wonder Woman though.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Rucka is a bastard, i cant believe what he did to me with Queen and Country who was my fav spy comic. Now he has dumped it for very crappy comics.

Jesus Christ, you're such a tool.

I don't understand why you take this stuff so personally, as if writers got paid to suit whatever stupid tastes you feel like having month in and month out.

I also don't understand why my last post on the subject got deleted.

On a semi-related note, DC is pissing me off with their multiverse stupidity.

I thought we agreed back in 1985 that it was a bad idea.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femtov2 wrote:I also don't understand why my last post on the subject got deleted.
Huh?

Well, if anything, I don't like that Lieberman guy that wrote Martian Manhunter. Apparently, everything he touches turns into poison. I haven't read Gotham Central, but I think Rucka wrote that, and it became critically acclaimed under his pen. And then Lieberman came and destroyed it, I heard.

And yeah, the first 5 pages or so of News Avengers 30 is up, if anyone wants to check it out.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=110564

And issue 52 of 52 is out next week! Apparently, everything will be revealed and resolved. I have some mixed reactions about this series, but it's a good read overall.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The multiverse, man.

Very, very silly.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I know there's 52 worlds...but I think 52 is something much bigger. Like, the 'garden' Alexander Luthor build the worlds from using the anti-monitor tower. Everyone's scared shitless for some reason, and I don't think it's because there's just 52 worlds.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I have not read a single issue of 52 but I cannot see how bringing back the multiverse is a good idea.

I am kinda interested in the whole Sinestro Corps thing though.

Sinestro apparently asked Batman to join his Corps because of his ability to instill fear in people.

That's some crazy shit right there.

Will definitely be picking up that one-shot by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver.

I absolutely love both of those guys' work.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femtov2 wrote:
Libaax wrote:Rucka is a bastard, i cant believe what he did to me with Queen and Country who was my fav spy comic. Now he has dumped it for very crappy comics.

Jesus Christ, you're such a tool.

I don't understand why you take this stuff so personally, as if writers got paid to suit whatever stupid tastes you feel like having month in and month out.

I also don't understand why my last post on the subject got deleted.

On a semi-related note, DC is pissing me off with their multiverse stupidity.

I thought we agreed back in 1985 that it was a bad idea.

Who said it i was taking it personally?

Dont take every post too seriously.

I was just reminded what happened to me when i was reading queen and country. Yeah he did wrong. By that i mean he stopped the comic and put a novel between it storyline wise. So i have to read a novel before i can go back to the comic to understand the story.

He is one of my fav writers after Gotham Central,Batman runs,Queen and Country i have alot of respect for him.

Also i dont like him too much sometimes like he stopped writing Queen for years.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femtov2 wrote:I have not read a single issue of 52 but I cannot see how bringing back the multiverse is a good idea.
So they can have another Crisis in case they screw up in continuity again, of course! I bet it's going to be a tradition, another crisis happens, a Flash will die, the world gets fucked up.

Well, that, and they can write some Elseworld books. And they're probably going to link it to Countdown.

As for Geoff Johns' Green Lantern, as much as I love GL, he ain't no Kyle Rayner. I will read the Sinestro Corps because of Ion's appearance, though.

Did I say that I love JSA? Oh, and also Teen Titans. I'm not too happy with Beechen's writing right now. But I'm hoping he gets better.

Finally, Manhunter isn't cancelled! That's awesome news. Unlike Firestorm, although that series has always been pretty average.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Arent you little late ;)

I read Manhunter was saved months ago. Not only the temporally stuff but they said in some Con, it could survive the combo of monthly and trades. Just like thier poor selling monthlies in Vertigo .
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Ok, I never post here, since I don't read comics that often. But I just read Marvel Zombies... hell, they rock!

And I also like Deadpool a lot, and just found this - not sure if you'll like:

http://jeazard.livejournal.com/8748.html

It's an unpublished Deadpool story.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Hey.

I heard Walking Dead is great.

I want to read that sucker.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Personally, I'm waiting for World War Hulk.

I was a bit skeptical about Planet Hulk, after reading an issue. The last Hulk issue I read was many years ago when Peter David was still writing it, and they dropped Banner down a plane in a strait jacket, after he lost control of the Pantheon. That was way back when he was in his merged Hulk persona, and turning back into Banner would make him in a mindless Hulk state. Probably a bit over 10 years ago. Good times.

Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Screw that. Ultimate Hulk is where it's at.

And here's Grey Hulk:

ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nah Planet Hulk made Hulk awesome to me, before he was some kind of a joke to me just like he is in Ultimate line.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The last thing I did before getting the hell out of California was buy Sandman: Endless Nights and the complete Watchmen. FUCK YES.

Watchmen really is that good, but I seemingly only realized this reading it in print.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

What pissed me off is the moment I decided to buy the entire set of Sandman, Absolute version came out.

And the absolute version looks so cool. I think it can block a bullet. It's also incredibly expensive too. I wonder if it has those additional stories in it.

No plans for me to get Watchmen yet, while it's great stuff, I think From Hell was the best Alan Moore book.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

No comic has yet reached Watchmen's level of sophistication and boldness.

I own the Absolute version and plan on reading it every few months.

Absolute Sandman seems like a waste because a) it's more than one volume, b) is pretty damn expensive and c) takes up a shitload of space.

I think the regular trades will do fine for me.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femtov2 wrote:No comic has yet reached Watchmen's level of sophistication and boldness.
Quoted for truth.
ImageImage
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Fuck, should have gotten the Absolute edition of Watchmen. Hardcover is good. I should get the first Absolute Sandman, but it is too damn expensive.
Tempest wrote:Quoted for truth.
I am a hopeless Sandman fanboy, but labeling Sandman as illustrated novel (Neil Gaiman is a novelist so SHUT UP) and Watchmen as comic easily bypasses this fact. So, quoted for truth.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I did know you guys liked me so much :lol: J/K

So how are the Sandman comics anyway? I guess I should do some research :?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

Sandman wrote:I did know you guys liked me so much :lol: J/K

So how are the Sandman comics anyway? I guess I should do some research :?
No, you should just read it.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:I am a hopeless Sandman fanboy, but labeling Sandman as illustrated novel (Neil Gaiman is a novelist so SHUT UP) and Watchmen as comic easily bypasses this fact. So, quoted for truth.
SEMANTICS WON'T GET YOU OUT OF THIS ONE, BUDDY!