The one and only Xbox 360 thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Are you going to get an Xbox 360?

Got mine at Launch
9%
Going to get one when demand is Lower
9%
Going to wait until a price drop
14%
Going to wait until PS3 comes out to compare the two
7%
Going to wait until Christmas 2006 and Get Both Xbox360 and PS3
5%
Laughing my ass off that the solution to the power supply overheating and causing crashes is to use a piece of string.
56%

Total votes: 43

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Hahahahahahaha. That was awesome. Steel Batallion was cool as fuck, but it did not best Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Objection over ruled.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

For anyone(Read: "Pretty much everybody with a 360. C'mon, you KNOW you want it.") who is interested in the Halo 3 Beta, a video got linked with 7 minutes of video from Zanzibar. There isn't a whole lot of new stuff besides seeing how the Sheild generator works and how much fun it is going to be to run over people in the Mini-Warthog.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2790

Most likely Bungie is going to request it be deleted, so who knows how long it will last. I'd rate it with an enthusiastic "Meh". With the quality of the video both on my computer and the comression of the vid the HD-ness is pretty unnoticable (to me at least), but you can tell they've touched up a lot of stuff.
ImageImage
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

My name is Psycho Wolvesbane, and I'm a Crackdown-a-holic, and I don't want any help from rehab clinics either.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

its that good huh?? well I guess I am going to have to check it out.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Wow! Halo 3 looks like Halo 2 with new weapons. Crysis steamrolls over this crap.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Halo 3 is going to be great.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I don't know if that was being serious or sarcastic. I don't know how to interpret you anymore. It hurts my head.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm dead serious.

Halo 1 is fantastic.

Halo 2 not so much.

I have high hopes for Halo 3 though.

Crysis requires a monster PC so I'll probably never play it unless it gets ported somehow.

PC gaming sucks.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Crysis looks hot though. I think that's the only PC game that looks good to me at the moment.

Yeah.. PC gaming is dead.

Last Remnant from Square Enix... The hero actually has black hair. I can't believe it.
http://the-magicbox.com/0705/game070510a.shtml
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femtov2 wrote:I'm dead serious.

Halo 1 is fantastic.

Halo 2 not so much.
Are you speaking of Halo 2 campaign? Because I thought Halo 2 multiplayer beats Halo 1, (Which is all I play any way, Lockout FTW) but yeah the campaign sucks pretty bad.

I am also looking foward to Halo 3 but do not have a 360 or a HDTV. :cry:
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I just picked up a 360 Elite and I am really looking forward to Halo 3. Right now I am playing Guitar Hero 2, Gears of War, and Rainbow Six: Vegas. I plan on picking up Forza 2 in a couple weeks, then probably Mass Effect if it comes out this summer.

My gamertag is Viduur if anyone wants to play Vegas or Gears, I suck at gears though, havent played it very much yet...

Also, Darken is a dumbass. Wait until the game comes out before you open your mouth.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Wow... I love it when someone resorts to name calling over a game. How fanboyish of you.

You mean to tell me I can't judge a game's graphics when I've seen HD video of the thing. So what if it's in Beta. I can still judge the graphics. And yes, the gameplay looks very similar to H2. Why can't I point that out?

I don't get it... You just said "I'm looking foward" to Halo 3, meaning you think it's great. How can you think it's great if you haven't played it yet? The sword can swing both ways.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Crysis has been looking worse and worse as of late.

Halo 3 will probably not be the next Halo 1, but it seems they realize they fucked up with Halo 2. So it won't be that bad.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Bungie was rushed into releasing Halo 2 and that's why the game suffered.

It's not a bad game by any means but I have really fond memories of Halo 1 (fighting the Flood in the library) whereas I have a hard time remembering most of Halo 2.

And yes, I'm talking in terms of the main campaign only.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

DarkenRahlX wrote:I don't get it... You just said "I'm looking foward" to Halo 3, meaning you think it's great. How can you think it's great if you haven't played it yet? The sword can swing both ways.
I don't know how you got "its great" out of "I am looking forward to it". I have no idea how good the game will be, whether they redeem themselves or its all down hill from Halo 1, but I think I will enjoy the game because I am assuming the gameplay will be similar to Halo 1 and 2. Maybe you are new to gaming, but the gameplay in sequels is generally the same as their predecessors.

I am not expecting the graphics to be astronomically better in Halo 3, but knowing that a lot of developers wait until they fully flesh out the gameplay before polishing up the graphics, I won't say anything until I see the final product.

And yes, I am a Halo fanboy. I even have a t-shirt somewhere.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

The level of bad-assness of Halo 3 is going to depend on the way Bungie ties together Halo1 and 2 for a ending... but either way I am still going to get the Legendary edition for that cool looking Master Cheif Helmet :thumb:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ok, so I finally got around to watching that official Beta gameplay video.

Jesus fucking Christ I want that game so bad right now. I swear I nearly pissed myself (joyously) when the Spartan Laser beam blew up that ATV right at the start. Too bad the use of the Laser sort of degenerated into wild abuse towards the end.

Bungie has always prioritized single-player as far as actual development cycles are concerned, and multi-player when it comes to PR, and if multiplayer looks this good...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Multiplayer is good and all but I want to kill the covenent and the flood... more the covenent then the flood though... its going to be awesome when Halo wars comes out RTS Halo style thats what I am talking about... there should be a portion of the game when you can go all Battlefield 1942 and shit, and choose between different troops... if only I was making the game :( ... then it would look like this:
o 0
|> ------- |
o
|> __0

Sandman killed you!!
\O/
|
/ \
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

i am going to buy halo 3 because i am a whore. But mass effect is my only love.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Gaiseric wrote:
DarkenRahlX wrote:I don't get it... You just said "I'm looking foward" to Halo 3, meaning you think it's great. How can you think it's great if you haven't played it yet? The sword can swing both ways.
I don't know how you got "its great" out of "I am looking forward to it". I have no idea how good the game will be, whether they redeem themselves or its all down hill from Halo 1, but I think I will enjoy the game because I am assuming the gameplay will be similar to Halo 1 and 2. Maybe you are new to gaming, but the gameplay in sequels is generally the same as their predecessors.

I am not expecting the graphics to be astronomically better in Halo 3, but knowing that a lot of developers wait until they fully flesh out the gameplay before polishing up the graphics, I won't say anything until I see the final product.

And yes, I am a Halo fanboy. I even have a t-shirt somewhere.
If someone is looking forward to something then in their mind they think the game will be somewhat the same or if not better than whatever they played before. You're still making a judgment before you played the game. Same as I have. It's the same thing as people criticizing previews for movies, or cars that haven't been released. I'm not saying the game is going to be horrible. I'm just saying if games are going to cost so much now a days I want them to look awesome. I also understand that multiplayer has to take a downgrade in graphics for everything to run smooth. So really in the end as long as I can get my $70 out of the gameplay I'll be happy. Lord knows Halo 1 consumed most of my time back in the day. So if this draws me in like the first one did then so be it.

Also, about the whole sequal thing. I suffer from Devil May Cry 2 syndrome.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

DarkenRahlX wrote:If someone is looking forward to something then in their mind they think the game will be somewhat the same or if not better than whatever they played before.
That's quite a stretch you're making there, buddy.

Looking forward to something does not equate to judgement of any kind regarding the product in question.

At least as far as I know.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I really don't get why Halo 3's graphics have been getting so much flak lately. For one thing, all we've seen so far is placeholder-riddled maps running on an unpolished and possibly partially incomplete engine. For another thing, I think many are simply reacting badly to Halo; only this generation does it become apparent that Halo will not join the ranks of the brown-grey 'mature' games, opting instead to retains its rather colorful style. Halo 3 does not look "worse" than Gears because of any crippling graphical disability (the two engines are hugely different), but rather it is perceived to look "worse" because it does not look like Gears.
Last edited by LordMune on Sat May 12, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Halo 3 will not look like Gears because Bungie is going for scale in the game whereas the areas in Gears are all rather small.

I don't personally think Gears looked that good anyway.

Impressive, but I wasn't really blown away.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Well I guess you're right. I just don't like the fact that he jumped on me just because I said the graphics don't look as great as other games that are out there now. They did say something about some filters and effects that haven't been added yet. I mean I think the same way about Tekken 6. Backgrounds look great, but the character models are lacking.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Microsoft is taking a big hit today with this whole Halo 3 beta/Crackdown fiasco.
"Context is for Kings"