You know you've read too much berserk when...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Is this too dumb of a thread to let live?

yes
10%
yes, please call MrFelony's Probation Officer and have him locked up
22%
No, let the people spam away.
68%

Total votes: 209

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Part of me wants a Berserk movie, as I think of the awesome possibilities. However, the other part of me fears it, because of the abomination it could become. If they let us make the movie, it would be amazing, I'm sure, heh.
Speak for yourself. I'm a fairly good writer, but there's no way that I'd trust myself to do justice to a story as awesome as Berserk.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Istvan wrote:
Speak for yourself. I'm a fairly good writer, but there's no way that I'd trust myself to do justice to a story as awesome as Berserk.
Could you show us some of your writings? I am interested. I am also sort of writer myself, but I write mostly in Serbian because my English still sucks badly.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
travla
imanewbie

e

Post by travla »

if they did a berserk movie i would do anything to be in it even if im just an extra you see only partially and that gets killed. also if they really do a movie id like to see older graphics that makes it more real like rocky or braveheart(makes it grimmier to) instead of the all graphic no substance flicks hollywood spews out by the ton(kuff x-men trilogy..kuff)
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

You know you read too much Berserk when you fantasize about a Berserk movie and want to be part of it.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

42ndEndOfTheWorld wrote:
Istvan wrote:
Could you show us some of your writings? I am interested. I am also sort of writer myself, but I write mostly in Serbian because my English still sucks badly.
Yeah, that'll be pretty cool to see some of your writing.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Facade19 wrote:You know you read too much Berserk when you fantasize about a Berserk movie and want to be part of it.
Heheheh. Nah, Miura would have to be involved, especially as the writer. I won't claim to be able to direct properly, I would just want to be there to make sure they didn't do anything TOO stupid, heh.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

YKYRTMBW you're adamant that there's no such thing as reading too much Berserk...
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

YKYREB? you know you've read enough berserk when... :P

edit: enough meaning you've finally reached enlightenment, not you've gotten tired of reading berserk
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Not a chance. First, none of it is Berserk related, second (and more to the point) I don't let many people see it, because it's something I do for fun, most of it's unfinished (I work semi-chaotically, just on whatever is interesting me at the moment) and still very much in need of work. Maybe if and when any of it's ever finished, I'll post it somewhere in the net, but don't hold your breath waiting (asphyxiation is a bad way to die).

Thanks for the interest, though. :)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Coming out of winter season[at least in the US], hope you enjoy these...

YKYRWTMB
...when instead of making snow men, you make snow Golems (Like the ones where the crew got their ubber gear)
... when instead of making snow angels, you make the branded sign on a big empty part of snow and try to take pics of it. (Anyone want to see the pics?)
... when you think that Santa for some reason is an apostle, and the reindeer are his minions.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

sorta like the elf apostle who had beetle minions and little "elf" children
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

You know you read too much Berserk when you envision girls in your classes dressed up as Casca and... well fill the rest yourself.
Muddtoad
imanewbie

Post by Muddtoad »

You know you read too much Berserk when you are arrested for having a 9 foot sword strapped to your back and when you tried to swing it, it fell and crushed a small child.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Muddtoad wrote:You know you read too much Berserk when you are arrested for having a 9 foot sword strapped to your back and when you tried to swing it, it fell and crushed a small child.
Yeah I hate it when that happen. ^_^
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Istvan wrote:
Not a chance. First, none of it is Berserk related, second (and more to the point) I don't let many people see it, because it's something I do for fun, most of it's unfinished (I work semi-chaotically, just on whatever is interesting me at the moment) and still very much in need of work. Maybe if and when any of it's ever finished, I'll post it somewhere in the net, but don't hold your breath waiting (asphyxiation is a bad way to die).

Thanks for the interest, though. :)
Can you at least give me plot outine of some sort? What kind of stories are you writing? SF, epic fantasy, drama?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Epic fantasy, mostly.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

YKYRWTMB when in addition to Berseks, you use words like masterberseks. Or, say things like 'Tonight I'll be swiging my dragonslayer around.'
Nosferatu Hamlet
imanewbie

Post by Nosferatu Hamlet »

You know you've read too much berserk when you read a few chapters of berserk every morning before you wake up and every evening before you go to bed.....
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Nosferatu Hamlet wrote:You know you've read too much berserk when you read a few chapters of berserk every morning before you wake up and every evening before you go to bed.....
...for the past 4 years :P
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

YKYRWTMB when you can remember what Voume and Chapters have things that would be valueable in a research project to discredit someones theory :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
hisoka9000
imanewbie

Post by hisoka9000 »

When u are crazy to find a forum to discuss Berserk .
Eedze
imanewbie

Post by Eedze »

YKYRWTMB when people asking why you speak in yourself, you say: you're talking to your invisable Puck
YKYRWTMB when you lift everything you find of a large, long and flat shape and act like it would slay a dragon.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sandman wrote:YKYRWTMB when you can remember what Voume and Chapters have things that would be valueable in a research project to discredit someones theory :twisted:
*Whistles innocently*
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Starnum wrote:
Sandman wrote:YKYRWTMB when you can remember what Voume and Chapters have things that would be valueable in a research project to discredit someones theory :twisted:
*Whistles innocently*
Heheheh.... :pwned:
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

when you realize you have 10 page papers due every other day for a whole week... and begin to think of them as apostles which you must defeat.

1 down, 5 to do. :(