Kentaro Muira is a Sexist Bastard

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Casca is cool and all but she isnt a sister :wink:
Gemino
imanewbie

Post by Gemino »

Judging by her curves and bitchiness 8) she is one 2 me homie.
Unless you know somethin I don't know about the ethnicity of the
characters.
white_rose
imanewbie

Post by white_rose »

I find it rather amusing that someone, whomever it was, posted this topic. I remember, one day when I was in high school, I told a lady friend, one who already loved manga and Japanese animation, about Berserk; I showed her two volumes of Berserk that I owned, I believe they were 4 and 5, or something such as that, and I was convinced that she would appreciate the staggering beauty and genius that was put into the art work and the story. Instead, she quickly flipped through the book as she stood in front of me, pointed out as many examples of Puck's fairy nakedness, as well as scenes of nudity involving women within some scenes of the manga, and dismissed the manga as a sexist "Hentai" manga. She then proceeded to attempt to convince me, and another of my friends whose tastes were somewhat closer to my own, of the splendor of the manga and anime Fruits Basket, for which she had a rather odd obsession. Needless to say, I severed all ties with her upon her blatant show of ignorance and disrespect of art that deserved the highest of praise. So, this brings us back to the question, is Kentaro Miura sexist? I believe that the answer is overwhelmingly "No.", and that he is weaving a storyline in a manner so that it will be truly appreciable by common as well as intellectual men and women; I believe that far too many people "see" sexism in the arts without considering that it may just be their own opinion, or that they have severely misconstrued the intentions of the artist, or that they are horrifically ignorant simpletons that are to lazy or facetious to delve deeper into culture. It would be just as easy for me to say that it's the manga and anime like Fruits Basket that are sexist, pointless drivel made by gluttonous, chauvinist hentai.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

again, you fail.

for the 3rd time, the thread is satire.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

so it's not about how muira is a sexy bastard?
Bow to Golbez
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It didnt start as saitre though.

And the dude has a good point about seeing things that are not there in Berserk.

I think this thread should be locked cause it doesnt have a point anymore, people will think its a serious as the thread make wanted to make before it went satire.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

swallow wrote:There's not an emoticon out there which can show how much I'm laughing right now. Some of you realised I was screwing with you... others not so much. Except I still want to kick Sortep in the 'nads - only as a sign of affection mind you.

I realise men - especially young men have delicate constitutions. Don't worry, I'll make you a cup of nice hot cocoa (with a little tot of brandy to help you along) and everything will be alright. I'll even wash and blow-dry your favourite teddies for you and maybe you'll feel more relaxed and comfortable.

I was gonna make some other comment about the runs, but I think I've had enough fun for one night. Cheerio boys, keep your noses clean.
That was posted by the author of the thread, in the 2nd page. A latter chat with swallow on IRC confirmed it as satire.

How much proof does anyone need before they admit to being wrong?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats assuming they have read the old pages.

Still the thread is and was pointless from the start and it wont die off cause people will keep posting for some reason.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Still the thread is and was pointless from the start and it wont die off cause people will keep posting for some reason.
Although, as one of the ones who do keep posting, your right to criticize seems limited. Now, as one who is posting in this thread for the first time, I can say that it seems pointless.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

so he's not a sexy bastard?
Bow to Golbez
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Istvan wrote:
Although, as one of the ones who do keep posting, your right to criticize seems limited. Now, as one who is posting in this thread for the first time, I can say that it seems pointless.

I keep posting cause i dont understand why it isnt locked.

Annoying seeing a newbie bringing it back from the dead every week.

Plus the thread was very lame from the start.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, i honestly posted because it was so easy to reply and defend miura, because at the time, the author of the thread was serious. and i was bored.(big factor) it has died a long time ago, and i vote for a lock as well...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Fuji Nagase wrote:yeah, i honestly posted because it was so easy to reply and defend miura, because at the time, the author of the thread was serious. and i was bored.(big factor) it has died a long time ago, and i vote for a lock as well...
Well then member of mod-hand, make this your first lock. :twisted:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

As a new member of the Mod-Hand, Fuji already crashed the forum! Her tenure will be one for the ages...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Albator wrote:As a new member of the Mod-Hand, Fuji already crashed the forum! Her tenure will be one for the ages...
Here Here! :twisted:
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Congratulations for the lock to be....

:)
Ghengis John
imanewbie

Post by Ghengis John »

psi29a wrote: That was posted by the author of the thread, in the 2nd page. A latter chat with swallow on IRC confirmed it as satire.

How much proof does anyone need before they admit to being wrong?
I'd say if the satire had to be explained as such, then it was either a very shitty satire or a very brilliant one. I'm going to lean towards a big flying cop-out though. If the author said it on the 2nd page, perhaps that was simply their way of avoiding admitting they were wrong?
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

thats what i think personally. everyone yelled at swallow so they covered it up. witha "no i was just joking" . anyway, my first lock is here! woo *o*

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."