Most disturbing image(s) in Berserk (or other manga)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its just that the stuff that gets to you disturbing wise in berserk is the mental horror.

Like Guts getting raped,casca by a demon, the hawks getting killed and eaten etc

Seeing these people getting tortured wasnt that hard cause you didnt care about them.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Actually, Jim hit the spot with those pics

they were shocking to me at least, bacouse they are realistic
I mean they were grinding up random people industrywise! (is that proper English?)

and yes, these are actual ways of torture, that did happen to real live people (unlike demon rape)
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Maybe it's because I saw Hostel recently, I don't know. The fact that they did these kinda things in real-life just makes it that much worse. I suppose there's no emotional attachment with the people who get tortured, but those scenes were pretty brutal either ways.

If we're going off of the entire manga, then the Femto assault on Caska in the eclipse was probably the most shocking for me. It wasn't the fact that she got raped, we see that all the time. :P No, it was the fact that it spanned over two freakin' chapters! :shock:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I have yet to watch Hostel, although I've heard it is quite violent.
I had this kind of feeling about Wolf creek...damn!
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

The only thing I found a little disturbing about that torture pic Jim posted is that piramid like thing ( lol ) . I just can't imagine how painful could that be, and to think that was really used back then.
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Skullkracker wrote:Actually, Jim hit the spot with those pics

they were shocking to me at least, bacouse they are realistic
I mean they were grinding up random people industrywise! (is that proper English?)

and yes, these are actual ways of torture, that did happen to real live people (unlike demon rape)

The fact that those thing happened to real life people is one of the reasons i wasnt so shocked by it.

I saw some documentary about the spanish inquisition, that showed pics of old books with machines like these that was really messed up.

Lets just say i was shocked by that and got it out of my system then :P
Ash J. Williams
imanewbie

Post by Ash J. Williams »

EnglishJim wrote:And that ain't bad? They might not look that shocking on paper, but I know what I'd rather go through.

Besides, I bet most of the rape scenes have already been posted, so I went with something a little different. :wink:
As an Archaeology and History major I've studied the Middle Ages, which included many torture Devices. After studying those, You get desensitized to seeing things like that. Besides, the ancient manuscripts were much more graphically detailed.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I've seen a few of the damn things myself in real life and on pictures, but I never could shake that "it could happen to you" feeling.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Right. Personally, living where I do I have the opportunity to go on castle tours and such. Actually seeing these things is a lot more disturbing, especially when you know they were used and there's still a smell about the place. Seeing it in manuscripts or whatever is a different matter, but what you find disturbing partly relates to your own life experience.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I don't know any castles "Nearby" :kekeke:
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Ah! You got me there. :lol:
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

wotjesus wrote:I'm probably going to have to go with the scene when Donovan raped Guts.
/agree
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

well ive found a manga that has more disturbing images than berserk and some are somewhat eye opening.

its in a manga called overflow but of course not really something for kids to see at all :shock:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

dronedevil wrote:well ive found a manga that has more disturbing images than berserk and some are somewhat eye opening.

its in a manga called overflow but of course not really something for kids to see at all :shock:
Where me d/l? lol
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

its in a manga called overflow but of course not really something for kids to see at all
Does it also have good plot/characters? 'Cause I don't usually read stuff that's just disturbing.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

Istvan wrote:
its in a manga called overflow but of course not really something for kids to see at all
Does it also have good plot/characters? 'Cause I don't usually read stuff that's just disturbing.
Heres a quote from hjohn of animenation about them

"Since I can't choose between Kyoshiro Inoue's first two books, I have to recommend them both. Black Market, first published in July 1998, and Over Flow, published in July 1999, are dark books, literally and figuratively. Kyoshiro Inoue's drawing style utilizes heavy black lines and extensive use of shadows and darkness to illustrate these two collections of stories about the cruel, vicious, aggressive, and psychological nature of sex. Women are victimized by lustful men, and by their own irrepressible, uncontrollable need for sex. The sex depicted in these two books is graphic, explosive, and destructive. Men are beasts that thrust their lustful desires onto women. Women are victims shattered by the violence of sex, or women who seek to be totally consumed by physicality. Pleasure seems virtually unimportant. The primacy of sex in these books is the act of unleashing uninhibited, animalistic urges. Black Market and Over Flow are strong, shocking works because their eroticism is so blunt and uninhibited, and that raw sexuality is conveyed through shocking stories and lush, evocative artwork that focuses special attention on emotional reactions, contorted bodies, and a dark, threatening atmosphere."

It does have a story but its mostly hard to read them when the images are so strong :shock:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Um. Based on that description they sound more like hentai then anything else.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I believe that they are indeed Hentai mangas. Running a search with the authors name I find only 3 results, and 2 of them have to do with Hentai.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

I thought it was open to all shocking scenes :?:
Gemino
imanewbie

Post by Gemino »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:
wotjesus wrote:I'm probably going to have to go with the scene when Donovan raped Guts.
/agree
The Troll beastialities orgies in the cave where very disturbing also.
Think there is a chance of a Movie.. It would kill Lord of the Rings.. The tone down of violence probl slaughter it
masterei
Don't mind me, I'm a dumbass.

Post by masterei »

I think there's lots of stuff on berserk that's disturbing... most disturbing of all would be someone sick enough to use a computer with the latest photo-realistic graphics to do a lifelife indistinguishable from real life cg- reality hybrid with all my fav. actors... I'm spreading the word and breaking taboos.... will someone tame me, and actually dare steal this pleasurable ideal?

What will give me the most pleasure? Inflicting pain, depicting nude real noo I mean photoreal, I wouldn't dare have real orgies now would I? Hidden behind the photoreal AVATAR GRAPHIX the ABSOLUTE PERFECT LEGAL DEFENSE, I wouldn't dare breeak all the laws? NO, I guess for that we've cameron, he better contact Miura after Battle Angel Alita, or I'll email him personally.

Actually if nobody does it I'll direct the film myself, and add a few new touches, sex and rape scenes not included in the manga, holy sacred characters defiled on screen.... and no one will know what was done in real life or fantasy.

My god I wonder how much pleasure I could extract from doing, or even watching or animating that. Does anyone know who I want to be Guts love interest? Yes, I"m that sick... but I don't do anything unless I've powerful friends and the LAW on my side.... that's why I try to change the laws before moving my hands... I'm bound by the laws themselves, and the will of the people or am I. Dragon go defend the ideal. Protect me by eating me and taking me in your loving goth loli bosom(infinite age, you perverts and physically over 21 even if she doesn't look it.).
"Freedom is actually a bigger game than power. Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash."-Harriet Rubin
M's blog: http://guugul.blogspot.com/
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

^ That's guys a couple beers short of a 6 pack
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

No shit, i think he did some coke, he's up all night skeletor and it's no joke.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Manson used to direct orgies between his followers and himself sometimes. he even felated his own infant sun once...I think Masterei might be the next Manson (the murderer not the singer)
masterei
Don't mind me, I'm a dumbass.

Post by masterei »

MrFelony wrote:Manson used to direct orgies between his followers and himself sometimes. he even felated his own infant sun once...I think Masterei might be the next Manson (the murderer not the singer)
If my songs could kill that is!(yes, that can actually happen. Thankfully it is only POOR souls that die that way, we normal folk are pretty much immune to that type of death.)
"Freedom is actually a bigger game than power. Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash."-Harriet Rubin
M's blog: http://guugul.blogspot.com/