::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

They're not. The images came in a seperate folder, so someone with too much time on their hands probably made it. Besides the bounties are extremely low, considering the StrawHat crew beat superhuman enemies, took on Enies Lobby and survived the Buster Call.
My confusion was actually regarding Merry’s appearance.
Anyhow, if you read back to the Jaya Arc, I completely forgot about Blackbeard [and his crew]'s plan regarding the World government and of course Shanks' metting with Whitebeard.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

Well of course they wouldn't be real bounty pictures seeing as they aren't black and white photos, plus Luffy's original photo would be satisfactory enough and they wouldn't need to change it. They would however need to update Robin's bounty picture seeing as she isn't an 8 year old kid anymore.

To be honest I didn't see Merry turning up at all, but now that it's happened I think it's a good way for Oda to give the Going Merry a final send-off bye actually saving his crew and journeying one last time.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I hope the spirit of Going Merry Comes out to everyone, telling them not to be sad and for Luffy and Usopp to forgive and forget. or it will tell them to take the ships head so that they can be together forever :twisted: :shock:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Looks like chopperman is going to become a Anime.
"There's gonna be a Chopperman anime (I'm guessing a short thing, but it doesn't look like they say...) every day they show One Piece, can't tell if it's before or afterwards... But it's starting on the day they change the schedule, October 1"
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I guess it was silly of me to even consider that those wanted posters could be official, but I didn't really think they were anyway. As for the Going Merry, I wonder how the hell it got reassembled. Didn't it completely break apart after Kaku dropped it into the sea? Oh well, I'm sure it'll be explained anyway. Maybe the spirit of Merry did it or something. That would be awesome if it was somehow able to continue being their ship again, but even a final farewell will be nice.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

We didn't actually see it get destroyed, all we saw was it falling down into the water but not the actual landing. How they showed it in the manga was a sort of panned out view and what you thought was the Merry was just some already broken up ships and masts that are too big or many to be the GM's.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

429 :shock: got to love it... I wonder how much long One Piece is going to run??? I could see it going on forever (which is fine by me :) ) but it has got to end sometime. ( I guess I could saw that for all manga)
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

Robin really comes off as a little pansy (need a better word) now. The majority of the saga was Robin's fear of the Buster Call/World Government but the Strawhats simply trounced them. No one even died (on page) from the 'might' of the Buster Call.

It was kinda strange to see Sanji and Zoro going at it, (yet again) in such a serious situation, but I suppose Oda can't help but add in some humor.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

If Luffy was in full health he could more or less deflect all the BC cannonfire, so I found it really funny Sanji and Zoro using Luffy as a human shield and Usopp going "You monsters!" even though he's a great defensive tool.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

square-enix wrote:Robin really comes off as a little pansy (need a better word) now. The majority of the saga was Robin's fear of the Buster Call/World Government but the Strawhats simply trounced them. No one even died (on page) from the 'might' of the Buster Call.

It was kinda strange to see Sanji and Zoro going at it, (yet again) in such a serious situation, but I suppose Oda can't help but add in some humor.
It's because of her childhood trauma...these things have these kinds of affects on people. If your step-dad beats you every day as a child, you may grow up still fearing him, even when you've become bigger and stronger than him. It's not guaranteed, but it happens. The last Buster Call she saw took everyone she loved from her. It's completely understandable for her to fear it. However, now she can finally move beyond these painful memories of the past.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

At least she got Spandam with the clutch before they escaped :twisted:

Had to add that 430 is out and I never thought I would feel so emotional about a boat in my life, but holy shit was I surprised... you guys NEED to see this one.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Thanks for not spoiling...I'm on it! *Scampers off*
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Defintely a tear jurking moment.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Now we can finally move on and stop all the complaining about miraculously reviving the Going Merry or using it's severed head as the new boats figure head (freaky sh*t).
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

chapter 430 is the best chap in OP T_T

oda really is a god :lol:

OP is way too great to Naruto and Bleach
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, it's definitely better.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Bleach and nar arent hard to beat...

But yeah OP is great
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

If you thought Chapter 430 was great wait until you see 431, it'll blow your puny little minds, mwahahahahaha!!
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Hopefully scanlations pop out in the next few days, I wanna see what Oda pulled off now :shock: :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Psycho Wolvesbane wrote:it'll blow your puny little minds
My mind has impunity to your little insults. :P

So, can you read Japanese, or do you just look at the pictures?
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Torrent for the raw popped out

http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp? ... 31.torrent

Now if only I could read Japanese :shock:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Go to Arlong Park and Read the Translation if you dont you will be missing out on so much Juicy info that your ears will bleed :twisted:

We should add spoiler buttons to the forum I like that feature in other forums
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Fuck no, spoilers button are damn stupid.

If you don't like spoilers, just don't read the thread. It's been working this way so far and it avoid the countless comments about the spoilers pics, spoilers scripts, and scanlation, and HQ scanlation. If you can't wait for a scan to go out to spam comments, others forums are better suited for you.

Next thing you know, you're commenting fake spoilers. And you press stupid spoilers buttons just to read "OMFG OP is the best!".
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Spoiler buttons are the devil!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm sorry, that was a pretty shitty trans, in my opinion. If I wanted entire pages of dialogue merely summed up for me, I'd just read a chapter summary. I can't wait for the scantalation to come out. ;)

*Edit*

The chapter is out now: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7hu1ln

So that's who Admiral Aokiji was talking about, and here I thought he was refering to Saul. *shrugs*