Ch 252

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Thank you for another wonderful release. So what did everyone this of this chapter?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I thought it was good. I'm just glad that it wasn't her brother that Farnese was engaged to. If anyone finds any grammar or spelling errors, please PM me about it, thanks. ;)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum: Last page, there's a spelling mistake. 'It's somethign she decided on her own'. Otherwise, it's all good :wink: Keep up the good work guys!

Great chapter, humour, romance, and I see some of my crazy theories that I spun up seem to be true. I sense a conspiracy a-brewing... :twisted:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah definately glad its not the brother. But Eldo I agreed with you about thinking it was just a marriage proposal for her with someone else besides her brother. The guy seems like a nice romantic. But in the very fake sense. Charm her ass now, and then leave her with the kids while he fools around on her later. But I think Guts and team are going to go after her. I like new Guts. His personality has changed so much since he had to have Casca with him. Slowly but surely he is growing to like having people around him. He wants her back I think for more than just to look after Casca. I think he is started to value friendship again. Also like his leadership skills now as well. Good chapter all and all. Still slow, but I kinda like it like this now. Builds up the anticipation.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, the marriage arrangement was the only theory that was logical at the time. I mean, what kind of help does Manifico from Farnese? She's not exactly a Joan of Arc, and she has a bad rep.

Manifico almost sounds desperate and eager to marry his sister off. Presuming Eath is a country, and Rodrik royalty and third in line to the throne, it would seem logical that Farnese has a (slim) chance she would eventually be queen.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:Starnum: Last page, there's a spelling mistake. 'It's somethign she decided on her own'. Otherwise, it's all good :wink: Keep up the good work guys!

Great chapter, humour, romance, and I see some of my crazy theories that I spun up seem to be true. I sense a conspiracy a-brewing... :twisted:
*Sigh* I totally put that mistake in my QC submission. I haven't actually read this version of the release yet. I guess Oro missed it or something. *Shrugs*
Evaansan
imanewbie

Post by Evaansan »

Don't you have forgotten that page ?

http://membres.lycos.fr/evaansan/Berserk_252_23.jpg
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep. That page is definitely missing. Man, what's going on?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Evaansan wrote:Don't you have forgotten that page ?

http://membres.lycos.fr/evaansan/Berserk_252_23.jpg
Yes...I say they most probably have.

From the limited amount of chinese characters, I can make out that he's saying something like 'it's decided', 'I gonna defend something and something to do with a ship' and 'cutting something up'. 8)

Well, is there gonna be a repack? Or is this page gonna be translated and posted here? Or maybe include back in the next release? :roll:

Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

Eldo wrote: Well, is there gonna be a repack? Or is this page gonna be translated and posted here? Or maybe include back in the next release? :roll:
With our luck the next release won't be for a month. :?

And it seems like my "keeping it in the family" theory was wrong this time. Hey, at least I got the marriage part right.

We really need that last page, though. I kept expecting to see Casca drop the scroll (why were they letting her play with it? In front of a fire no less) then all of a sudden the chapter ended.

I wonder how Guts and company are going to approach the mansion. I doubt they'll welcome someone that looks like Guts in if he just knocks on the front door.

PS: I'm gonna have to try that white lily in a field of roses line on a few ladies. Rodrik could just about talk me into marrying him at this rate.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

yeah, but the thing about repack is there's already people sharing the chapter already. I'm not sure if they really want to download the chapter and reshare it just for one page :? . Most probably they would, since I have seen anime episodes have v2 on them. And they just changed one or two dialogues.
Hey, at least I got the marriage part right.
I felt so good about that part too! At least if my conspiracy thing didn't go out as I thought, I get some points for it! :lol:

As for letting Casca playing with the scroll...it's like letting a baby play with a chainsaw. What were they thinking?! There is a probability they were too focused on Farnese to pay attention to Casca, and she took the scroll from the desk.

How Guts is gonna approach the mansion? Through the front door. All hell's loose. Or he's gonna do something with Farnese's chainmail... :wink: (Play dress up! :P )
PS: I'm gonna have to try that white lily in a field of roses line on a few ladies. Rodrik could just about talk me into marrying him at this rate.
Hehe, they'll probably think you're a weirdo! :P

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Heh, I think you can trust Guts to be an expert party... err... wedding crasher...
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sorry for the mix-up guys. Oro has been kind of busy lately, so you’ll have to excuse the error. There’ll probably be a version 2 release, but we won’t know for sure until Oro finds out. Go ahead and hold out any QC stuff you want to mention to me until then too. It seems some of the stuff I submitted got overlooked. Hopefully that’ll be taken care of in the version 2, if there is one. Although, Oro did use some of the paraphrasing I suggested, which makes me very happy. See, I’m trying to help the dialogue flow a bit better, instead of being so directly translated sounding. Anyway, our illustrious leader will probably take care of this later, so don’t fret my pretties.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Dtortot
notanewb

Post by Dtortot »

I would just like to say that the connotation on blowjobs in this chapter is the winner of the: "Most looks-like-that's-a-blowjob in a single chapter award."

And I think Rodick is an apostle!

I am 99.75% awesome!
How awesome are YOU? By Suspended Chaos.
Ed_the_Mighty
imanewbie

Post by Ed_the_Mighty »

I for one think that the lily in a field of roses approach isn't "weird" but ostentaciously insincere. I for one am glad that THIS Princess Farnase has the typical apathetic father, as opposed to good Princess Charlotte's father... *blech* Although, just what kind of father allows his "princess" to burn down houses, beat on her man servants and "play" to the sight of people burning on the stake? and she's "pure" wants to learn magic... R-i-i-ight! As for Rodick being an apostle? wha?
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Yeah Guts seems to grow more into an leader. Or perhaps even more into a father caring for his "family". Everything is set, so I think it will be very interesting soon. Plus Guts finally left bed.... great chapter. Miura also takes his sweet time for the next chapter. It says 25th of march in the end...there will be something going on.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, so far he also took longer on slow chapters. The delay is no guarantee that there'll be some ass-kicking next chapter. If anything, I think the slower chapters take more time.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Dtortot wrote:I would just like to say that the connotation on blowjobs in this chapter is the winner of the: "Most looks-like-that's-a-blowjob in a single chapter award."

And I think Rodick is an apostle!
Why? He has no physical indication that hes an apostle in his human form.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That last page is the reason why I read Berserk. Caska burning the scroll by accident just as Guts makes his decision was pure greatness. The way Guts said they'll get Farnase back was great too. It wasn't the typical "Oh, we'll have to rescue her now" thing, he was very calm, and he made his decision based purely on convenience, which fits his character just perfectly.

Another great chapter by Miura, I'm looking forward now to how Guts will storm the castle to get Farnase back. He might have to fight Serpico there. Thanks for the release everyone.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I am looking forward to it as well. I think the city's destruction is near as well. I think all these slow chapters were just to build up for something bigger. I have a feeling that that something bigger is about to happen. Still think it may be a chapter or two more though. I think the end of the next one may be the start of the fighting, but who knows.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

was puck singing karaoke in this chap???? y the hell was he singing karaoke????
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The were lots of things going on this chapter ,lots of talk that is good for the story.

Rodrik made me want to puke after hearing his lame line:P

I wouldnt be suprised if he were an apostles cause he gave me that kind of vibe.

Also have to read the second version cause i seem to have missed something that wasnt in v1.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Nah version 1 was missing a page. So i was put in version 2. You didnt miss anything. I liked that ther was more of Gutts in this one.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

And he was standing adn walking. Though only for a short bit.

But I like how his he has become more caring for those around him. I am curious to how he approaches this problem. I wonder if he just walks up in his berserker armor and asks if he can have her back, and another pass for a boat.