Berserk Merchandise (and plushies!!!)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Buttsecks_Apostle
imanewbie

Post by Buttsecks_Apostle »

Fuji Nagase wrote:Fucking FINALLY got the whole OST. i love it of course, and am addicted to waiting so long.
Im in the process of looking for another Guts, even though i love the one i have. I don't think you can have too many...
i like the figures you got there Gaiseric. the basics.
What do you think of the "murder theme"
Track 5 i think and forces, the complete version OWNSSSSS!!
bloodzz
imanewbie

Post by bloodzz »

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I came upon this site http://www.trueswords.com/index.php They actually make swords from some anime like FF. Was wondering maybe if we send them enough e-mails they'd make the dragon slayer :). Been lurking awhile and remember vaguely there was a debate on the sword size... I'm sure the dragonslayer would put the 68" Sephiroth Masamune Sword to shame.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I'm not going to spam them with emails, but you guys can do as you like. If that 68" nodachi is supposed to be a replica of Sephiroth's masamune, then it's about a foot and a half too short. The Dragon Slayer is definitely wider than Sephy's masamune, but I don't think it's quite as long, but then again, who knows. Besides, what the hell good would an actual replica of The Dragon Slayer do anyone? I mean, yeah, that'd be pretty cool. However, the damn thing would be pretty darn heavy, so it's not like you could actually use it...and where would you keep it? Where ever you'd put the thing, you'd want to make sure to secure it, heh. :P
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

The stuff they sell looks damn cool.
Has anyone ordered anything yet?
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Skullkracker wrote:
The stuff they sell looks damn cool.
Has anyone ordered anything yet?
I might if they would make some of Dante's blades.
bloodzz
imanewbie

Post by bloodzz »

Starnum wrote:Well, I'm not going to spam them with emails, but you guys can do as you like. If that 68" nodachi is supposed to be a replica of Sephiroth's masamune, then it's about a foot and a half too short. The Dragon Slayer is definitely wider than Sephy's masamune, but I don't think it's quite as long, but then again, who knows. Besides, what the hell good would an actual replica of The Dragon Slayer do anyone? I mean, yeah, that'd be pretty cool. However, the damn thing would be pretty darn heavy, so it's not like you could actually use it...and where would you keep it? Where ever you'd put the thing, you'd want to make sure to secure it, heh. :P
Who cares, it's the DRAGONSLAYER and the weight would secure it :D (or u can display it in chains). I'd go to the gym to wield that thing. Anddd I'm sure people have bought stranger less worthy items :).

I'm sure they can make a Caska, Griffith, and Guts sword when they were in the Band of the Hawk.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

don't get all that excited

I don't knw where you are from, but they wouldn't even ship the Sephiroth sword overseas

anyway, I could do with Cloud's buster sword as well, it is ace! :P
bloodzz
imanewbie

Post by bloodzz »

I was surprised to get a response but also it sounds like they are interested in this. I got this e-mail after linking them the Dragonslayer. I guess they were talking about the previous sword during the time Gatts was in the Band of the Hawk.

----

We are working on this now, but is that the correct guard shape in that photo? We have been seeing a different guard with 4 rectangles on it

Thank you,

Evan Johnson
http://www.trueswords.com
----
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Yep, sounds like the old sword. I wonder if they would really make a real Dragonslayer. Would a fucking huge blade get any other than the Berserk fans excited?
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

bloodzz wrote:I was surprised to get a response but also it sounds like they are interested in this. I got this e-mail after linking them the Dragonslayer. I guess they were talking about the previous sword during the time Gatts was in the Band of the Hawk.

----

We are working on this now, but is that the correct guard shape in that photo? We have been seeing a different guard with 4 rectangles on it

Thank you,

Evan Johnson
http://www.trueswords.com
----
Nice site. Their swords seem very realistic.
I once visited one italian site that had the Dragon Slayer. But not an actual model, simply a "fluffy" one. with fluffy i mean that the actual sword is only a light scale model.
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Seeing as how their Buster Sword is only around three feet long, I doubt an attempt at the Dragon Slayer would be correctly proportioned. Anyway, the quality of the swords looks a little shoddy. The hilt of the "masamune" looks as if the nylon wrapping is just asking to come unraveled. I mean, if you want a fake sword for nothing more to put up and not to ever be handled, then I suppose they'll work. *shrugs*
bloodzz
imanewbie

Post by bloodzz »

Yeah, looking at the Buster Sword it kinda looks like they just cut out some sheet metal.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

You know what's funny I e-mailed them about the dragonslayer and sent them some pics a while back.

And this buster looks a bit better.

http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy ... d-p-9.html

And this sword sort of impressed me, also got the harness for it somewhere, beyond its lack of usefulness in combat situations. Mr. Kadaj's blade.

http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy ... -2084.html

Beyond that I'd say it's really hard to forge a thick sword without coming up with all sorts of gaps and air pockets in it, I'm not exactly experienced at the sort of thing though.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

the Cloud's sword looks really cool and Cloud its about my size , i never imagine that you can buy this things on the net .
Last edited by Gattsblackfalcon on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nah, you can't buy a quality sword for only $50. Besides the blade of that "Buster Sword" isn't even wide enough...pretty shoddy replica.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Oh , well the Katana replicas looks really cool too , i have one but its not that cool , the Kadaj katana or the Masamune of Sephiroth looks really awesome ( i want a Masamune ) hey Starnum do you like FF ? ( i am waiting for FFXII ) .
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

EVERYBODY likes FF :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:hey Starnum do you like FF ? ( i am waiting for FFXII )
Yeah, but I'm not terribly worried about FFXII. I'll play it eventually I'm sure.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Hey Starnum, since you are so critical about your swords, how did you like the katanas on trueswords?
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

The Dragon Slayer cannot be made, it's simply not cost efficient. I believe just the prospects of the iron/steel needed would have it weighing in at nearly 600-700 pounds in the average dimensions presented in a manga. I guess they could use sheet-metal, but again, it would never reach somethign on par with the dragon slayer.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Skullkracker wrote:Hey Starnum, since you are so critical about your swords, how did you like the katanas on trueswords?
Which ones? I've only looked at the "replicas". However, what I've seen so far, such as the "masamune" and the sword that Kadaj uses...yeah, they looked fairly shoddy. However, I've seen much worse.
Arngrim wrote:The Dragon Slayer cannot be made, it's simply not cost efficient. I believe just the prospects of the iron/steel needed would have it weighing in at nearly 600-700 pounds in the average dimensions presented in a manga. I guess they could use sheet-metal, but again, it would never reach somethign on par with the dragon slayer.
Well, I don't know about being cost efficient, but making a replica of The Dragon Slayer is totally possible. I doubt they'd build it to scale though. Without actually knowing the dimensions of the DS, it's hard to say how much it would weigh. However, we've been over this before, and used actual scientific calculations, to deduce that if the DS was a little over six feet long, then it'd only weigh around 150 - 200 lbs. That's still absurd for a sword though. Normal people can't use a sword that heavy at even basic capacity. I really can't see the DS weighing over 300 lbs. Anyway, you'd have to talk to Shisho about it really, because he was the one who came up with the formula on how much it would weigh, but it sounded fairly accurate to me. ;)
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Starnum wrote:
Skullkracker wrote:Hey Starnum, since you are so critical about your swords, how did you like the katanas on trueswords?
Which ones? I've only looked at the "replicas". However, what I've seen so far, such as the "masamune" and the sword that Kadaj uses...yeah, they looked fairly shoddy. However, I've seen much worse.
For example I've been eyeing (if that is a word) with the replicas of the Kill Bill and Last samurai swords. The cold steel ones are probably of a different quality, but they are damn expensive.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Skullkracker wrote:EVERYBODY likes FF :P
that's true :P , a 300 pounds DS ! wow , that's impossible to handle even for Guts .
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Starnum wrote:Without actually knowing the dimensions of the DS, it's hard to say how much it would weigh. However, we've been over this before, and used actual scientific calculations, to deduce that if the DS was a little over six feet long, then it'd only weigh around 150 - 200 lbs. That's still absurd for a sword though. Normal people can't use a sword that heavy at even basic capacity. I really can't see the DS weighing over 300 lbs. Anyway, you'd have to talk to Shisho about it really, because he was the one who came up with the formula on how much it would weigh, but it sounded fairly accurate to me. ;)

Can you please post the link to the thread in which these calculations took place? Proffesional curiosity :mrgreen:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Skullkracker wrote:For example I've been eyeing (if that is a word) with the replicas of the Kill Bill and Last samurai swords. The cold steel ones are probably of a different quality, but they are damn expensive.
Okay, I looked at those Kill Bill and Last Samurai swords, and they look worse than the FF swords. Seriously, you can't get a HQ sword for only $30 or $40. I spent a lot more than that for my katana, and it's only a decently made sword. I just don't trust cheap swords. If I could afford it, I'd love to have one of those $1200 swords. Maybe someday when I'm rich and famous, heh. :P

Yeah, if you want a HQ real sword, those Cold Steel swords are definitely more along the lines of what I’d recommend. Although, it's really hard to judge a sword without actually handling it. I must have looked at swords for an hour before I bought the one I have now. Just holding them, and looking at them, making sure they were balanced and what-not. However, some people just want display swords, so it just needs to “look” nice. It really just depends on what you’re going for.

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:
Skullkracker wrote:EVERYBODY likes FF :P
that's true :P , a 300 pounds DS ! wow , that's impossible to handle even for Guts .
Nah, Gatts could totally handle a 300 lbs. sword. However, a 600 lbs. sword is a bit much. He could probably still do it, but I doubt he'd be able to swing it at inhuman speeds, like he normally does, heh.
Aeriel wrote:Can you please post the link to the thread in which these calculations took place? Proffesional curiosity :mrgreen:
Well, i tried to search for it, which is a function we all have access to...however, I couldn't find it. It may have been a discussion we talked about over at Digital Panic, before we moved here to Mindwerks. Oh well. *shrugs*