Fighters Discussion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I know Eiji is a given for me.

His character design is absolutely and completely dated but fuck, he kicks so much ass.

Maybe Oswald too?

Vanessa is pretty fun as well, as is Tung.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Oswald is a lot of fun, and his combos are not hard at all. Also he has a really good LDM that is pretty easy to Dream Cancel into. Although I may be a little biased :roll: I'm still now sure about my power team, right now in it's looking like B. Jenet, Adelheid, and Oswald. I guess blondes do have more fun. :wink:

http://www.ignitionent.com/kofxi/main.htm

Looks like KOF XI is coming to Europe now. I don't know if this bodes for well or for ill as far as a US release is concerned, but here's hoping.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Looks like KOF XI is coming to Europe now. I don't know if this bodes for well or for ill as far as a US release is concerned, but here's hoping.
I wouldn't count on that.

Just go for imports, man.

Fucking Cave shooters alone are worth it.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I just roll alot with Magaki in level 8 Difficulty and then try to combo on recovery. You can beat him with just one character using that tactic, if you're patient enough. Or you can use people with anti-Magaki LDMs like Silber, Kula, and King.

The people I use most often are Gai, Eiji, Shen, Kim, Tung, Clark, Silber...and of course Gato, Kula, Oswald.

I love Shion too...but...I can only play her when it's I get the okay from my opponent...who usually picks her too. If it wasn't for her crazy ass special taunt moves, her brain dead infinite with jumping D in spear mode, and her crazy ass damage in spear mode; BAH she's just cheap no matter what.

But right now I have the most fun when I play with Gai and Eiji....it's like playing a match in cruise control when I have those two on a team.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

DC vs. Capcom?

So says Kotaku.

If it's true (and we all know it isn't), I hope it's 2D (and we all know it won't be).

*sigh*
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DC VS Capcom would be sexy, I would hope for it to be in a different style of fighting than MVC 2.
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

I personally think if they do decide to partner up, what they decide to release it on will ultimately decide the fate of the game. Going for consoles to appeal to the mainstream will result in a 3d fighter no doubt, but if they're trying to recreate what happened with the Marvel VS Capcom series (which is imo why they would think of this deal in the first place) It'll be a most excellent 2d fighter.

I'm hoping for the love of god they finally redraw the darkstalkers sprites. Outside of pocket and a few non-fighter games, they've been the same sprites since the first game (sans the enhanced Morrigan in CVS)
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

ok I have a question. I know in Japan that Vega is called Balrog, that is obivious. So what is the name of the American Balrog in japan? and i've seen some guys art of a female Bison but it says Vega next to him, vega is still balrog though(because the artist is japanese). Is Vega, M. Bison's name in Japan? That pic makes me totally confused especially since it only is on the taller pic.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

US M. Bison = Vega
US Vega = Balrog
US Balrog = M. Bison

Make sense?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Ayanami wrote:US M. Bison = Vega
US Vega = Balrog
US Balrog = M. Bison

Make sense?
ok totally. I was getting confused because i only knew US Vega is Balrog in JP and i forgot there was a character named Balrog(ugly black boxer guy). Oh and before anyone thinks to say I know the connection between Bison and Rose and the female wasn't rose though.
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

Malvado wrote:
Ayanami wrote:US M. Bison = Vega
US Vega = Balrog
US Balrog = M. Bison

Make sense?
ok totally. I was getting confused because i only knew US Vega is Balrog in JP and i forgot there was a character named Balrog(ugly black boxer guy). Oh and before anyone thinks to say I know the connection between Bison and Rose and the female wasn't rose though.
They changed it for legal reasons. As explained above, M.Bison (jap) was USA's balrog. The problem was that "M.Bison" and "M.Tyson" sound and look -too- much alike, so for safety reasons, they switched everything around.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

I don't recall Vega being part of the nameswapping. I thought it was just Bison and Balrog that got their monicers shuffled. Was I mislead?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Bengal wrote:I don't recall Vega being part of the nameswapping. I thought it was just Bison and Balrog that got their monicers shuffled. Was I mislead?
I think Vega was changed. I owned the original Japanese version of SF2, and I was utterly confused when the magazines had M. Bison as that general guy, and not the boxer. I was a very little then to understand the copyrights and inevitable lawsuits.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Yes Vega was changed, it is just as Ayanami posted it.
Wikipedia wrote: The African-American boxer is known as M.Bison in Japan and Balrog elsewhere.
The Spanish assassin-bullfighter is known as Balrog in Japan and Vega elsewhere.
The evil dictator and head of Shadowloo is known as Vega in Japan and M.Bison elsewhere.
ImageImage
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Fist of the North Star finall coming in March to PS2.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

Nice.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Tsaier
imanewbie

Post by Tsaier »

Since I can't post my own topic, I'll throw this out here.

Check out this vid i made :) tell me what you guys think.

Right Click, save as.

It's a CO 3's (streetfighter3) highlight vid, edited by me :) it's 39mb and around 7 mins long.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

That's some nice stuff, did you do any of the work on that vid? I've been tryign to get on Ayanami to record our matches and post them here but I think he's still trying to find a place to upload them to or something.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:That's some nice stuff, did you do any of the work on that vid? I've been tryign to get on Ayanami to record our matches and post them here but I think he's still trying to find a place to upload them to or something.
Youtube?

The quality'll be fucked but it's easy and better than nothing.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I dunno, Now that I think of it I believe it has something to d owith file compression. All I know is whenever I bring up the subject he just sighs, mumbles something, and we play the fighting game as if the conversation never happened.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:I dunno, Now that I think of it I believe it has something to d owith file compression. All I know is whenever I bring up the subject he just sighs, mumbles something, and we play the fighting game as if the conversation never happened.
There shouldn't be a problem as long as he can get the video into his computer.

Youtube compresses files into .flv anyway.

Then again, uploading a big file can be a bitch sometimes.
Tsaier
imanewbie

Post by Tsaier »

Tempest wrote:That's some nice stuff, did you do any of the work on that vid? I've been tryign to get on Ayanami to record our matches and post them here but I think he's still trying to find a place to upload them to or something.
yeah i'm in the Vid....I am Ghost Dog. I captured the footage with a spliced video signal from the TV going into my mini DV cam.

Programs used:
Final Cut Pro 5
Adobe After Effects 7
Photoshop CS2
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

seriously some nice stuff in that video. Smile's air parry agaisnt Q was sick. And the first guy that was Ken was on a complete offense that dominated. I did enjoy the Q ownage that was being displayed. Damn this makes me want to plat some 3s.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I can try and record some video of some 3rd Strike tomorrow I guess. And just use good old YouTube. It has been years since I played 3rd Strike seriously, and even then I was not that great. But what they hey.

The video was pretty sweet, my parrying was starting to shape up some what, but I could never pull off the fanciest stuff. And a lot of those more difficult combos with Dudley I can't do either. I need to learn better poke game and need to learn to cool it on knock down, tired of getting owned by wake up supers.

Too bad my good arcade stick shit the bed, I guess I will have to bust it on my sub par or american style one, or the good old dual shock, I shall practice tonight.

NEW POST - Alrighty then, made a quick video with Tempest.

First off, have not played in ages, and we were a little tipsy when playing but as ya do. But excuses aside, I am not going to pretend like we are the shit, because we are quite the newbs. The video has no sound, I am still kinda scracthing my head about how to get this to work properly. Two matches are recorded here, I am first player and Tempest is second player. I am Elena for the first and Ryu for the second, while Tempest is Dudley in both matches. Tempest was playing pad monkey and I was playing on a mediocre cheap hori stick, lots of missed oppurtunities all over the place in the matches and just crazy reckless play from the both of us. It was fun though, and here it is.

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

good stuff. if you block temp's half quater attack, gotta punish him harder for throwing it at you. your elena is a beast.

is it me or did you air block throw at the 0:42 mark? looked kinda weird. Temp throws fireces like no other... and damn 4:43 good shit on the parrying, i dont think i would ever try to parry that.

good stuff. i can record stuff but alas i dont have anyone decent ever play. My roommate is a DOA whore and refuses to play SF3s and Tekken.