Currently Watching?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

What happened to that Betterman thread?
Was it deleted?
Was there a Betterman thread to begin with?
:?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

True, it's gone.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

poor response prompted the author to remove it i guess.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Quest wrote:poor response prompted the author to remove it i guess.
Bingo. poor response indeed. *shrugs*
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Oh, come on, you can't expect everybody to jump up in celebration. But ok, once I eventually manage to download it, I'll tell you my opinion.

Watched Angel Heart 18. Is ANYTHING ever going to happen in this show? Plus it contradicts the original City Hunter story. GRRRR.

Rewatching FMP. I somehow have the feeling I like it more now. And I'm surprised, I didn't have it in memory as looking so good.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Brainpiercing wrote:Oh, come on, you can't expect everybody to jump up in celebration. But ok, once I eventually manage to download it, I'll tell you my opinion.
No, that wasn't so much the problem. It was the fact that the only post that I did get about it, after putting all that work into the thread, was a retarded, uninformed, useless, jackass post. So, instead of flaming "that guy" and inevitably getting into an argument, I just said fuck it and deleted it. *shrugs*
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, ya, I thought that was unnecessary (that stupid post I mean), but I didn't want to get into an argument about a show I hadn't seen. I couldn't really defent it, and I didn't want to just start flaming, so I thought I'd just hold back until I'd seen the show.
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote: Watched Angel Heart 18. Is ANYTHING ever going to happen in this show? Plus it contradicts the original City Hunter story. GRRRR.
I really disappointed with this show and it sucks cock in so many levels. Most anime is like that nowadays, it's like a typical anime. As for the contradictions, it's set in another 'dimension', this is not a direct sequel to City Hunter.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Hi, well I'm currently watching Mushishi, Black Lagoon & Eureka Seven. Also Ergo Proxy was on my list but it turend out to be just another disappointment.

silverado
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

silverado wrote:Also Ergo Proxy was on my list but it turend out to be just another disappointment.
Hmm, it was no disappointment for me, nor for many other people on this forum. Care to explain?

I'm finally watching FMP Fumoffu. Why didn't anybody tell me earlier how good this show is?
Brainpiercing
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

I have never seen an anime before which has such a good art and such a slow character developement at the same time. I haven't seen the complete anime yet, so I cant tell whether the story is good or bullshit. But what I've read till now were just boring dialogues without any importance and messages referring to real life. Without such "messages" the whole anime becomes a sci fi kiddy show. It seems to me that the author has focused too much on technical details and a wicked story then a good plot and character developement. The fact that almost 95% of the city population are androids without any emotions or importance makes this show just another fucking boring wait for another series. It's not like Samurai Champloo nor a Cowboy Bebop show, it's just a wreck who had accidently the same person for screenplay.

silverado
Last edited by silverado on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Obviously this show is slower paced than normal shows. But that doesn't make it bad, on the contrary. Atmosphere is tight, the mysteries are still unfolding, I find the characters interesting. The story is a little old-fashioned as sci-fi stories go, since the classical dytopia is pretty much dead, but that's what Ergo Proxy appears to be initially.

IMHO if you don't like this show then you suffer from lack of patience.
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I have to be honest and say that I didn't really enjoy episode 14 of Ergo Proxy, I hate repeated recycled scenes over and over again, and that reminded me of Gundam Seed Destiny.

I can't be sure that I give a shit about messages in anime. I don't want any morals or ethical dillemas that relates to real life. And the whole anime is basically a big self-discovery but slow character development for Vincent Law, and the other characters just complement it. I love the atmosphere of the whole anime, and that's what keeps me going.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Tokko 11. No disappointments so far. I suppose with a slightly bigger budget this show would have looked even better, but I guess they are doing what they can.

Watching Starship Operators. It started out pretty slowly, but towards ep. 5 or 6 it picks up, and now it's definitely a quality show.

Oh, and I've finally gotten Betterman :).
Brainpiercing
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

and your detailed thoughts on betterman, brain?
=P
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Quest wrote:and your detailed thoughts on betterman, brain?
=P
Patience Quest, he just got it. It takes a lot of time and effort to watch a crappy series. :lol:

Do tell us your thoughts when you're finished though. I'd like to know what others think as well.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I'll be sure to tell you my thoughts. I'm still busy with Starship Operators, though.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

GunxSword, and it kicks much ass. It's a Steampunk series (go look it up).

Btw it's pronounced Gun Sword. Upon learning this, I did some research, and learned that Hunter X Hunter, is actually called Hunter Hunter. The X in these titles is silent. Hunter Hunter...what a lame name. Well, I guess Gun Sword is only slightly better, but the series itself pwns the day. ;)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

GxS is a combination of some remarkably good eps, and remarkable stupid eps (albeit still funny) in between, but overall my impression was good. Also, the end is a little lame.

I've finished Starship Operators. Overall I liked the show, although it didn't leave a very strong impression, it was a little laid back and slow overall. It's worse overall than other sci-fi shows like Sekai no Senki, etc.

Next Tokko ep. Nice development here, although I hope they won't conclude it as quickly as the last similar development.
Brainpiercing
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I have not watched Gun X Sword, but i've always had a bad impression of it. Forgot why. Maybe i should check it out.
Jon Maitreya
notanewb

Post by Jon Maitreya »

Starnum wrote:GunxSword, and it kicks much ass. It's a Steampunk series (go look it up).

Btw it's pronounced Gun Sword. Upon learning this, I did some research, and learned that Hunter X Hunter, is actually called Hunter Hunter. The X in these titles is silent. Hunter Hunter...what a lame name. Well, I guess Gun Sword is only slightly better, but the series itself pwns the day. ;)
I remember when I found that out about HxH - it really is a crap title :P...

I've never heard of GxS though, it sounds interesting. I've only watched Eureka 7 recently. Ergo proxy looked interesting as a premise, but is it really that slow? Does it pick up at all?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

GxS is a mix of good (albeit not very original) characters, nice character interaction, a good and intriguing story (and this remains like this right until the final ep, at which point it is concluded with a fight that is beyond riciculous), and... well... mecha. The mecha are, as usual, just a surface for the protagonists to solve their character problems. Which means, as usual, that the one who is most "at one" with himself wins. The mecha fights are therefore quite lame, with some exceptions, but it doesn't really matter, because they just symbolise a battle of minds.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, the only episode I didn't like was the shitty swimsuit episode. I thought all of the others were great, especially those in the second half of the anime. I thought the ending and mecha battles were really cool too, so I guess I'd have to disagree with you. Oh well, it happens. I generally like it when mecha series have over the top endings. For example the ending to Shin Getter. As long as it makes sense that is. ;)

Btw, Ray and his Volkein are the ass kickage.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

The Volkein was one of the coolest designs, true. Generally fights with it were better than others, too, because with the Volkein it was really just a question of firepower and no waffle.

What I thought was a really neat idea was Van's liquid sword.
Brainpiercing
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

just watched "innocent venus". its a sci-fi post-apocalyptic protect-the-mysterious-girl genre.

the animation is pretty slick and the sounds are good too. i read its just 12 ep long so hopefully there will be a point to it all.