Sig/Avatar ratings... ~Version 2.0~

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Quest wrote:looks like its from hellsing?
8/10
You look right, my good sir.

It´s Seras Victoria.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Mon May 29, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

EvilDmitri wrote:
Quest wrote:your set is pretty cool too, EvilDmitri.
=)
but the av looks like its oversaturated.
8.5/10
Didn't Photoshop the AV, the sig is the only custom thing :)
Alucard and Hellsing is awesome.

Good combo 9/10.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I absolutely love Hellsing, but I used to post at the BoH forms so I'm kind of used to Hellsing sigs. I've seen some damed good ones.
So I'd give it 8/10

No one loves Led Zep?

BTW, the angel is Icarus, the son of Deudalus. Some say it's actually Deudalus himself.
I didn't think anyone would figure that out though :D
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

SarahofBorg wrote:I absolutely love Hellsing, but I used to post at the BoH forms so I'm kind of used to Hellsing sigs. I've seen some damed good ones.
So I'd give it 8/10

No one loves Led Zep?

BTW, the angel is Icarus, the son of Deudalus. Some say it's actually Deudalus himself.
That's not an angel :)

Icarus escaped with his father from the Labryinth which King Minos had built. The way they escaped was by flying with wings made of beeswax. Icarus, though warned by his father not to, flies too close to the sun, his wings melt, and he plummits to his death.

The image is of Icarus with wings of wax flying up into the sun in an act of bold defiance.
Last edited by EvilDmitri on Mon May 29, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Holy god. Delete those posts, there is a little X there for a reason.

You're going to get shot later.

:rulez:
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Daedelus wrote:Holy god. Delete those posts, there is a little X there for a reason.

You're going to get shot later.

:rulez:
I know I know.. accidently hit "quote" instead of "edit" twice to fix minor things ~_~ thx to whoever deleted them.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

All fixed. It happens.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I think my av and sig is one of the best sets I've had on here.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

EvilDmitri wrote:
SarahofBorg wrote:I absolutely love Hellsing, but I used to post at the BoH forms so I'm kind of used to Hellsing sigs. I've seen some damed good ones.
So I'd give it 8/10

No one loves Led Zep?

That's not an angel :)

Icarus escaped with his father from the Labryinth which King Minos had built. The way they escaped was by flying with wings made of beeswax. Icarus, though warned by his father not to, flies too close to the sun, his wings melt, and he plummits to his death.

The image is of Icarus with wings of wax flying up into the sun in an act of bold defiance.
I knew all that (and the fact that he wasn't an angel" I just didn't figure anyone else would catch it.
Besides, it's actually suposed to be Apollo, but I don't know why Apollo would have wings. That was William Rimmer's intentions in the painting Evening: The Fall of Day. But most have interpreted it as either Icarus, Daedalus, or Lucifer.
Oh, and Icarus symbolizes the romantic art movement, while Daedalus symbolizes the classical art style. Basically, Daedalus is conservative, Icarus is liberal, or one of the thousands of other interpretations.

And still no opinions on the av alone...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Its nice.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

not to my taste.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

so how do you like my new sig and ava?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Sometimes less is more?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Buzkashi wrote:Its nice.
Common, ya gotta at least give me points for originality, and the fact that it's a beautiful peice of artwork that I stole.
But I'll just pretend that's what you meant.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

SarahofBorg wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:Its nice.
Common, ya gotta at least give me points for originality, and the fact that it's a beautiful peice of artwork that I stole.
But I'll just pretend that's what you meant.
Your avatar looks a lot like a movie poster. ^.^ nice painting tho.

New avatar for me, since old one was same as sig. It's my latest coloring.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

sometimes people just don't feel like giving there opinion if they don't feel strongly about it heh. its a nice painting though. i like the rebelous feel to it, though it doesnt really go with your sig ;), looks wise. i guess you could say that both are rebelous in nature
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

:D ty for sparing your time then.
I don't have this sig/av matching thing down. I can't make up my mind on what to devote them to. I'm just trying to be original, and to represent myself.
To me they both at least have an epic beauty.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Ok, so what do you think about quote in my signature. It is from one of the greatest philosophers of all time.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

42nd... you already know what I think of or Av, and maybe I am just stupid or your sig doesnt make any sense :roll: and Evildmitri good job on the coloring, but I am not sure if I like the choice of color for the armor :?

Anyway needed to change my sig, you guys were right, my last one did give me a headache :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Sandman wrote:42nd... you already know what I think of or Av, and maybe I am just stupid or your sig doesnt make any sense :roll: and Evildmitri good job on the coloring, but I am not sure if I like the choice of color for the armor :?

Anyway needed to change my sig, you guys were right, my last one did give me a headache :evil:
Well it is quote from "Thus spoke Zarathustra: Book for All and None" by Friedrich Nietzsche. Great book, by the way, everyone should read it. The book is about prophet Zarathustra a man who had announced death of God, and then preached about what should be done to overcome his death. Nietzsche believed that the only real force in the universe is Will to Power,a power which affirms living force, but man has decided to deny that, so he has created Christianity which denies life by putting all faith in God and life after death.

Nietzsche hoped that people will once realise their mistake, thus destroying man-made God. But the question is: what next? What would be a mening of life in a world without God? Thus Nietzsche introduces a new concept: overman - a man able to survive age of nihilism in godless world thus becoming meaning of the earth. A being with no remorse, great dreams, able to turn his weaknesses into strenghts. All in all, someone with great will to power.

So the central teme of the book is allegorical journey of Zarathustra, someone who started as a man and, eventually, become overman.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

42ndEndOfTheWorld wrote:[What would be a mening of life in a world without God?
A normal, happy life sans the fairy tale. I've been living one for 20 years.

This discussion should probably die right here.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Daedelus wrote:
42ndEndOfTheWorld wrote:[What would be a mening of life in a world without God?
A normal, happy life sans the fairy tale. I've been living one for 20 years.

This discussion should probably die right here.
We've already had it.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

"GOD IS DEAD... AND NOONE CARES... IF THERE IS A HELL I"LL SEE YOU THERE... YOUR GOD IS DEAD" NIN :twisted:

42nd reminded me of those lyrics, and I guess I am not stupid, Nietzsche is just crazy... but I like crazy people so there you go.

Anyway RATE MY SIG Bitches!!!! :twisted:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i like it, but i think the colors are a bit off/don't match or something...i think it may be the way the colors look as well...like too faded. it could just be that you left a decent amount of it white
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

In hind sight I did change the cloak to gray but with the lighting it turn white, also the background should have been black, and as for the colors I tryed to stay with hawk colors :twisted: I should fix it....

Edit: There we go thats better :twisted: Corel can do some pretty interesting stuff... too bad I dont know how to work a lot of it :evil: