PSP

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Sandman wrote:Dont know if any one has played Legend of Heroes yet but I am here to tell you if you are looking for a Deep RPG with good Graphics and Decent Systems(ei. battle, Experience....) Legend of Heroes is a game that is worth getting.
just today i decided that i will be getting that game. (before you posted)
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I got it but still Kingdom of Paradise is the PSP RPG to get.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Are any of these RPG good for someone who isnt use to RPGs?

I mean a soft start not one like FF that you must be a hard core fan to really like it.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Well kingdom of Paradise is nothing but an action RPG, battles take place on the field you're on and really only one button it's real draw it putting together fighting styles to make your own. can also fight another player too.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That sounds a soft star to RPG gaming. Thanks for the info.

Realese date?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

It's been out in the U.S. since November dont' know PAL. But it's a PSP game so you should be able to import.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah i should be able to import plus it should be out here since its that old.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Libaax wrote: I dont think i wanna downgrade just to play downloaded games. I wanted emu more than that and there is one for 2.01.
you dont have to dude. there are things called EBOOTs that makes the psp believe that it is 1.5 homebrew but actually it still is version2.0+ or whatever version you have. with it you are supposedly able to play emulators and stuff but i never tried it cuz im too busy these days to experiment with my psp.

oh and congrats to everyone who got a PSP while ive been gone. please do have a ton of fun with it, and us PSP veterans will try to help as much as we could :D
Sandman wrote:Dont know if any one has played Legend of Heroes yet but I am here to tell you if you are looking for a Deep RPG with good Graphics and Decent Systems(ei. battle, Experience....) Legend of Heroes is a game that is worth getting.
it looks pretty fun but graphic wise its disappointing. i wont pay 50 bucks to play a game where all the characters look like characters from the pokemon video games.

sfa3 ill definitely get in the future, but my korean temptations are itching for me to get winning eleven which comes out in a month! ahhhhh!
Femto wrote:So, is anyone getting SFA3 or what?

It comes out next week, but Maverick Hunter X should be out tomorrow.
as for the decision between sfa3 and maverick hunter, id go with sfa3. tho they are both remakes of the originals with slightly better graphics and some xtra features that dont make it entirely a remake, maverick hunter is a one-player adventure game, which is pretty much every other PSP game thas out there. dont you crave for something different? im kind of sick of the genre already for the PSP, i dont think ill buy another one-player adventure game for the PSP for a long time. PSP barely has any fighter games, and darkstalkers seemed to be the only decent one so far, so i suggest go for the fighter. theres not enough of games in the genre, and this one really looks promising, and HEY, ITS STREET FIGHTER! plus i herd for a limited time they are releasing revamped D-pads along with the game that will make your gaming experience on the PSP much better

oh and although darkstalkers is the only decent worldwide released PSP fighter game, japan definitely has the ill gosu fighting games. check out what i got imported from overseas

BEST FIGHTER GAME YET!!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

played it, could have bought it for 50 bucks but said meh, cuz well im not to fond of bleach...
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Sony has announced that it will begin selling DVD-UMD bundles for just a few bucks more than the price of the DVD alone.
ImageThe price for the bundles will be $28.95, not bad considering new release Sony Pictures movies go for around $25, and PSP-compatible UMDs can sell for $20 new.

Benjamin Feingold, president of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment said that the bundles are experiemental. "A lot of people have DVD players and also have PSPs, and this way for one price they can get one movie and play it back on both formats," he told Reuters.

On March 28, consumers will be able to buy DVD-UMD movie bundles of The Grudge, Resident Evil, Underworld, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and The Terminator. Ghostbusters, Mad Max, The Fifth Element and Snatch will be available on April 25, followed by more movies in May.

Sony also put a price on the PlayStation 3-compatible Blu-ray disc format, stating that new-release movie titles will wholesale for $23.45, 15 to 20 percent higher than new release DVDs. Catalog titles will wholesale for $17.95.

Source: Reuters
Pretty cool, but I don't think I would buy UMD movies maybe one or two.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

http://ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/p ... padfix.htm

mod to make your PSP able to play fighter games.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:http://ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/p ... padfix.htm

mod to make your PSP able to play fighter games.
I found this site a few days ago myself.

I might give it a shot, the PSP's D-Pad kills SFA3.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i dont wanna mess with my sexy PSP's insides :D
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Did the mod (or a variation of it rather) and it's a complete beauty.

It's a little rough in the circle motions actually, but I kinda rushed it and I can still/will tweak it a little more. Easy as hell to do and it costed no more than $3 altogether, costs nothing if you have the proper tools lying around somewhere.

Bottom line, if you own Darkstalkers or SFA3, you owe it to yourself to do this mod.

It is actually possible to block while crouching now.

Viva la resistance!

:headbang:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote:Did the mod (or a variation of it rather) and it's a complete beauty.

It's a little rough in the circle motions actually, but I kinda rushed it and I can still/will tweak it a little more. Easy as hell to do and it costed no more than $3 altogether, costs nothing if you have the proper tools lying around somewhere.

Bottom line, if you own Darkstalkers or SFA3, you owe it to yourself to do this mod.

It is actually possible to block while crouching now.

Viva la resistance!

:headbang:

the question i have is that the d-pad/nes sleeve thing is on the inside of the psp right?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Why would you need to open the whole thing up if it weren't?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote:Why would you need to open the whole thing up if it weren't?
just wondering, since they never showed an after picture, it was more of a here is my friend playing picture.

so how does it feel?? does it affect any other games?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

It works really well, hasn't affected any of the other games I've tried (MHX, Lumines).

I still need to tweak it a bit, circle motions are a bit harder to do than I remember.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Teken looks cool I not know about the one analog stick though... no strafing sadness.
I recently picked up a game that I think is one of the best games released for the PSP so far, Armored Core Formula Front. visually 10, sound 9, control 8 (just a little off), and difficulty level 10 and that is no joke so of the Mechs are so hard to bet it took me over 8 hours to redesign my mech to even come close to beating the computer. I haven't messed with the AI yet because I like being in the drivers seat, but the AI set looks pretty cool. The computer AI is almost flawless, I have only had one instance where the computer ringed out and that was because I pushed him :twisted: Any way great game to have if you like the Mech genre.

P.S. I named my tank looking AC Battle Franky :twisted:

P.S.S. If someone is having a hard time getting into the PSP gaming stream I would go to gamefly, (although I guess blockbuster is renting PSP Games but the closest BB is 365 miles away only accessible by plane at a dollar a mile, so gamefly is a good alternative for me, plus discounts on Pre played games that I would consider new), biggest selection games available on release :twisted: (plus the three to five days shipping again live is a bitch in bush alaska :evil: )
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Most of these are fakes it will be cool to see what actually comes out on the 3rd of march, Rumored Release date
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I actually uh haven't touched my psp lately...

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

haven't touched mine either, but been trying to level for shit up on FFXI before ToAU comes out.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

been playing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much wipeout. Trying to get golds on everything, so far got 76 golds.