Ch 263

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

I hope Roderick does betray them so we can see Guts throw a knife at his face, then throw him overboard so the alligators can eat him.

Roderick looked like a villian from the very beginning
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Er.... I still don't see why Guts should hide his identity. He's been very straightforward all his life, why should he attempt to become a "clandestine" warrior now?
In fact his time with the Raiders was the happiest of his life, why should he deny it?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Might bring some memories, since they've been all sacrificed for Griffith.

But I don't think he'll deny, he just say something like "Does it matter now? The Hawks are dead."

And about Roderick...am I the only one who thinks the guy is cool? While every other noble in the party were scaried to death, he fought with one (well, he tried) to protect Farneze. I think he likes Farneze...and that is all. :)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Roderick is ambiguous at best, I still think he'll turn out to be a self-centered prick, even though he shows some courage now.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Well maybe he was too cool(I mean cmon a noble romantic latino looking hotty who isnt scared of monsters and that knows how to fight) that I found that he looked uncool...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Preview is up for 264

Not much to look at....
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:Er.... I still don't see why Guts should hide his identity. He's been very straightforward all his life, why should he attempt to become a "clandestine" warrior now?
Well, when Ishidoro was saying all those stuff about the hawks and army banners and crap, Guts didn't really reveal his identity as raid leader then, so it's only a assumption he won't do it now. I don't think he wants to answer too many questions like 'why aren't you with the hawks' or 'what happened to the hawks'.

Yeah, not much of a preview, trying to think if I've seen that old guy around.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

What a preview, not much to see but that makes it even harder to wait.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

Necromancer wrote:What a preview, not much to see but that makes it even harder to wait.
On the contrary, i think that it looks like a flashback on the past of one character's past. And i was thinking that Guts is about to kill more and more ... well, i might be wrong
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Maybe the little witch girl is sensing something there...
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It looks like a flashback.

Hope the old man is someone important and not a filler.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
raider
imanewbie

Post by raider »

I think he is the Pope that they were talk about in chapter 263.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Guts was only asked in which army he was. his reply was that he forgot. it's not like anyone directly made a statement. Ishidoro wasn't talking to guts or assuming anything, he was just talking about the great raid leader. I mean guts won't tell things if it's not necessary but he won't lie either.

very small preview indeed...nothing to assume from this.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

If anything negative comes of the man, I think Roderick hanging around gats (And seeing Farness pratically juice her pants over him again and agian) is going to give him a huge inferiority complex and make him prime Behilt canidate. I doubt he's a spy though. If he was a spy, the marriage would be his way into high midland society. And if that was the case, he woudlnt' go through the brother, but the father.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well saying he forgot is a lie. and noodle, i was thinking he might be a spy or some form of "partner" with him. he is a captain (at least right?) in the navy so he would be the perfect guy to go to when they want infomation on when a big meeting is and then possible help on getting a one up on the harbored ships or w/e. but his play of going through the brother to get married to farnese is a lot better than the father. the father might have said no, where as the two of them, who seem to be partners, would be able to force a power play and make the father sorta accept the marriage to save face.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah and we still dont know who gave the Kushans the info that all the nobles would have a big meeting this night either.
My money is still on Roderick, or Farneses dumb brother. He could be so stupid that he said it when he was drunk or something.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

You know the Kushans have those wise guys that control the "monsters", maybe they somehow know it through them. And if there is a big noble party I think everybody would know it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Right. An event that big, with that many people involved, would be almost impossible to hide, if they even tried. Remember there are a bunch of armies at the city right now, and the Kushan main army is nowhere nearby, so they probably feel pretty secure (of course, they didn't know about the beast army).
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

MrFelony wrote:well saying he forgot is a lie. and noodle, i was thinking he might be a spy or some form of "partner" with him. he is a captain (at least right?) in the navy so he would be the perfect guy to go to when they want infomation on when a big meeting is and then possible help on getting a one up on the harbored ships or w/e. but his play of going through the brother to get married to farnese is a lot better than the father. the father might have said no, where as the two of them, who seem to be partners, would be able to force a power play and make the father sorta accept the marriage to save face.
Actually, if Roderick is of high rank in the navy or something, it'll be amusing to see Guts holding Roderick hostage and people listening to his demands, heh.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Meh, seems to me you guys are reading too much into it. Roderick is just another stupid noble. *shrugs*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah you can see clearly that Rodrick is only stupid and greedy for power.

I dont know why people think a loser like that would be a spy or something.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well he makes the perfect lackey for ganishka to be like "i'll make you SUPER POWERFUL if you help me out!" but then ignore him while he dies after serving his purpose
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think he would risk his plans by making Rodrick work for him or maybe Roderick is just playing a fool. If he is playing,he is a very good actor.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Well if hes a spy ill shave my beard.

That old man doesnt look like a pope but I could be wrong. We dont have enough info to know who he is if he aint the pope.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

If he isnt a spy I will grow a beard :kekeke:

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)