Final Fantasy Advent Children

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Final Fantasy Advent Children

Post by TheDarkness »

Well it is a movie so here a topic about it.

Who has seen it???? I am gonna watch it as soon as i hit the submit button here.... But the 10 secs i have seen while skimming: => drool!!!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children

Post by halfnhalf »

TheDarkness wrote:Well it is a movie so here a topic about it.

Who has seen it???? I am gonna watch it as soon as i hit the submit button here.... But the 10 secs i have seen while skimming: => drool!!!

HAHA you got it from the internet??

Square enix is stupid about pushing the US release date, since most people who would watch the movie are just gonna d/l the fan subs.

My friend is d/ling the movie, gonna watch once its finished.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I will buy the movie unlike you leachers ;)
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Isn't there already a topic about this in Gaming? I know that one isn't dedicated exclusively to it, but Advent Children is the most talked about thing in it.

Remember kids:

[menacing voice]It is always better to post in an existing thread![/menacing voice]
ImageImage
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yep the raw is sitting on my HDD waiting for me. I hope a Srt sub file comes out, or I will have to redownload another one eventually.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

i have one with subs but as stated i am gonna buy it as well....
Reason for opening new topic here... Well the other topic is about FF overall plus i kinda wanted this to get a little bit more attention

just watched it... well i'm speechless.... square did a great job with this movie. Perfectly fits into the sotry of the original. All old characters make a come by in the movie. This is the movie that spirits within should have been.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I just don't see ther reason in making this thread, they are currently, right now, speaking about this in the other thread. If you want it to get more attention, then make a post about it there, it is getting lots of attention, it isn't like we are not talking about it. I dunno, if everyone else, including the mods think this is OK, then I am fine with it, I just think it's a little off.
ImageImage
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I watched it without subtitles just to watch and oogle the eye candy, gonna find some english subs and watch it again, but DAMMMMN this is so friggen visually stunning, hopefully there will be a HD Version of this when the ps3 comes out.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Libaax wrote:I will buy the movie unlike you leachers ;)
Shit I would but as far as the wonderfull people at bestbuy tell me they arn't releasing a dvd version in America. We only get the psp version and I ain't buying one of those just for a movie.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I thought I created a similar topic months ago >.>? Well it is a movie, so I guess they can post a sister topic here.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Hmm, I would download the movie and watch it but my computer is garbage right now. I'm still going to buy the DVD though.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I got Shijui to DCC send it to me, because he's a great pal. The BT didn't really work too well for me, and Shijui's send was doing double to triple the download speed of BT. Haven't watched it yet, I'm afraid.

Everyone I was talking to on IRC, MSN, as well as real life has asked if I've seen AC. It's like a fucking plague right now, and it's spreading.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

One question: I can not beat the original FFVII game due to a massive scratch on the disk (gotta thank my friend for that one) so should i rent it and finish it before watching AC or just watch AC?
:wink:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Depends what stage of the game you were up to.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

IF you are near the end of disk 3 then I'd say go ahead and watch it. You'll still miss some easter eggs by not completing the game though. I'm just glad they made a videogame movie JUST for the fans man. That's where they messed up the first time...by trying to include a larger audience for Spirits Within. That's where most videogame movies fuck up.

Also...getting FFVII:Last Order right now.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

y'know, I never actually did finish FF7, I got to the point where I would fight sephiroth for the last time... and just never played it again. o_O

Where'd you get Last Order?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

TIFA IS TEH SEXAY!!!111!

SPOILER ZOMG:

I liked Zack's and Aeris' appearance nearly the end too.

Kind of reminds me of those gamefaqs threads titled 'zomg aeris dies spoilerz'.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, it sure looked good huh. The story was fairly decent. Really the movie was great. The only thing I’d hold against it is that I felt that they didn’t use enough materia. I mean, aside from the main villain, none of the good guys really used any materia. I would’ve liked to see a Flare, or an Ultima or something…that would’ve been really cool. Maybe break out with some Limit Breaks or something. Also, the other characters didn’t get to do as much as I’d hoped. I also thought that they made Sephiroth under powered. In anycase, it was really cool and the physical combat was really awesome. So, overall, I’ll give it a nine.

BTW, I would've put this in the anime forum, but whatever.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I despise the hole FF series expect FF8 i thought was okay before the cds died so i couldn play it anymore.

But still the trailers for the movie has made me a horny dog for it :D
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

SPOILERS

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Cloud did 3 limit breaks from what I saw. Sephiroth seemed pretty damn powerful to me. Slicing buildings into pieces and what not. It would have been nice to see Sephiroth do some magic spells. Clouds little Knights of the Round Limit Break was damn awesome.

I also noticed something else. They way Cid runs is the exact same way he ran in FFVII. My friends and I just burst out laughing when we saw that.

Last Order: Final Fantasy VII

Good GOD the ending theme kicks major ass.

The Sephiroth and Cloud quarrel near the end didn't happen like it did in the game.

In the game = Cloud drops Sephiroth's ass into the Mako. This happened because he was holding on to the sword which was still impailed into Cloud. Cloud them lifts Sephiroth up by the blade that's stuck in him, walks over to the edge of the bridge in the mako reactor, and drops him into oblivion.

In the anime = He jumps in himself...cause he knows Cloud was going to whoop his ass.

I like the second one better, due to the fact that you have to be a fool to keep holding on to your sword while you let someone drop you off an edge.

And also...I never knew that Zack kicked so much ASS, but Sephiroth still owned him. I just burst out laughing when Cloud just nonchalantly stabbed Sephiroth in the back after Zack went through all that trouble to try and defeat him.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Starnum wrote: The only thing I’d hold against it is that I felt that they didn’t use enough materia. I mean, aside from the main villain, none of the good guys really used any materia. I would’ve liked to see a Flare, or an Ultima or something…that would’ve been really cool.So, overall, I’ll give it a nine.
Yeah but Nomura said sometime before that none of Cloud's weapon's in Advent Children have materia slots. So well he was out of the materia running.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Cloud doesn't need materia anyway.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

It lowers his stats.....and well with having to move at speeds he done in the movie he surely wouldn't have survived.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I just really, really, really wished I could have enjoyed the fighting more. Yes, floaty swordswinging is cool and all, but when all combatants act as if though they are nothing but a 2D texture laid over nothing, it loses a certain oomph. Had this been GunZ: The Duel Online: Advent Children, it would have been incredibly awesome. But it's FFVII, so I'd rather have people taking turns, or at least try and pretend like their antics have some tenuous connection to physical laws and the real world in general.

There is an incredible amount of swordplay going around, but no one in the entire movie is ever actually cut by a sword. A motorcycle, a clunky brass knuckle and a gun are sliced in two, and Cloud is stabbed near the end.
That's it.
I understand they wanted to keep the fighters alive indefinetly, but they could at least have tried to find some other way to do so other than reducing oversized swords to hardened puffs of air.

I'll just stop my whining now and re-watch it tomorrow.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Dude, I couldn't see Final Fantasy as being gory. Another thing, they flew around in Final Fantasy VII; well, at least Sephiroth did. I believe they went in the right direction with the movie. I agree with you on the sword play. I didn't like the fact that the huge sword Cloud was carrying didn't seem to have any weight to it. The jumping and flying around didn't bother me at all. It was the fact that the weapons looked to only weight 1lb.

Get Final Fantasy VII: Last Order for a little bit more down to earth fighting starring Zack. Zack is awesome ^_^.