The manga vs. the TV series

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Berserk manga or Berserk animation?

The Manga, Miura's original work > all
83%
The Animation, animated Berserk = g0d
17%

Total votes: 162

Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

damn you necromancer.... thats exactly how i SHOULD'VE put it... but well said and i concur
Bow to Golbez
Your Dark Memory
imanewbie

Post by Your Dark Memory »

In my opinion, you really can't compare the series to the manga or vice versa. The series had to sum itself up in 25 episodes, which is why characters like SK and Wyald were left out. If the anime had those characters, I think it would have been much better.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Yeah most likely it "sucked" for the most people because it were 25 pre-eclipse episodes and bacause it had an really open ending.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
medvezhonok
imanewbie

Post by medvezhonok »

humm, strange that Femto posts this topic. Actually, it should be moved to "some of the most stupid topics ever posted". Not because the topic but because this is one of the aspects related to the world of Berserk most disscussed and commented in any Berserk boards. Everybody knows here that if a newbie was the one who posted this topic, any of the "El Diablo", "Arresty" "Starnum (the elven pimp)",or the same Femto would have flamed and humbled that user. "!oooh, man this has been disscussed a lot. you´re going to die" and bravery stuff like that. But hey it´s Femto!. You know guys, tyranny is worse when it´s supported by the people. None of the tyrants you stand here would have existed if anyone of YOU would have said stop to their lack of respect.

PS.- and now this post will be deleted by any of the quoted ones.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Nah, I'm just too lazy nowadays. I figure some topics will eventually die a naturally death without me twitching a finger, but I guess people necroing won't help. I didn't think this topic was too bad either.

If you don't like the 'tyranny', then leave. Nothing's going to change. The power helps in some ways. I won't miss you in particular. I care too little about what people think about me anyway, at least on the internet. Seriously, you don't have to post to get Berserk. If you're trying to preach or make us see the 'error of our ways', I'm a tad too arrogant to listen to you. And no, your post will not be deleted, altered or anything, because you are entitled to your opinion, I just won't necessarily pay attention to it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

well atleast this topic has a poll that has been voted on a lot
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I didn't vote because I like both. :P
And I'll "flame" everyone who creates bad topics, even if they are mods.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Necromancer wrote:I didn't vote because I like both. :P
And I'll "flame" everyone who creates bad topics, even if they are mods.
Ha.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

i think that is a challenge to you necro :P
medvezhonok
imanewbie

Post by medvezhonok »

Eldo wrote:Nah, I'm just too lazy nowadays. I figure some topics will eventually die a naturally death without me twitching a finger, but I guess people necroing won't help. I didn't think this topic was too bad either.

If you don't like the 'tyranny', then leave. Nothing's going to change. The power helps in some ways. I won't miss you in particular. I care too little about what people think about me anyway, at least on the internet. Seriously, you don't have to post to get Berserk. If you're trying to preach or make us see the 'error of our ways', I'm a tad too arrogant to listen to you. And no, your post will not be deleted, altered or anything, because you are entitled to your opinion, I just won't necessarily pay attention to it.
Yes. We understand you. When you say you´re lazy nowadays means that you know I´m right and you don´t have any words to counter my argument. Noticed that Femto didn´t flame me in his "HA" post?

I´ll continue with the translation.... when you say some topics will die a natural death that implies that you wish this topic (now poisoned by my post) dies and everyone forgets about it.

Concerning the deletion of my post you are not so kind and correct when you say Im entitled to my opinion whatever it is. Actually you did not delete, modify or lock it because doing that (that is proceeding in your usual ways) will confirm that I´m right.

And what is worse for you..... everybody knows that´s the truth.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

Jesus take it easy will ya... friendly community and shit!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

medvezhonok wrote:Yes. We understand you. When you say you´re lazy nowadays means that you know I´m right and you don´t have any words to counter my argument. Noticed that Femto didn´t flame me in his "HA" post?

I´ll continue with the translation.... when you say some topics will die a natural death that implies that you wish this topic (now poisoned by my post) dies and everyone forgets about it.

Concerning the deletion of my post you are not so kind and correct when you say Im entitled to my opinion whatever it is. Actually you did not delete, modify or lock it because doing that (that is proceeding in your usual ways) will confirm that I´m right.

And what is worse for you..... everybody knows that´s the truth.
I didn't make any suggestion to say that you 'poisoned' this thread. I didn't imply you did either. You didn't necro this. Notice how I didn't flame you either. Oh well.

Unless you can tell me since when in the history of the Berserk forum (yes, in the Berserk forum and not in the Interstice) that a post has been edited, or modified to belittle the user, then you are not right. I can prove you right though, if you really want. I wouldn't care if you were confirmed to be right, as if my life would get ruined or impacted in any way, and it wouldn't do jack shit. .

The truth? I don't think I really care. I think we had this discussion about this community being accused of an 'elitist society' or playing favourites on different occasions, your post isn't exactly the first one to accuse us of that. I don't think we've been 'elitist' for a whole month now. In fact, I haven't flamed for quite a while now, I've been pretty pacifist lately. If you truly don't like this community that much, for pete's sake, you can turn a blind's eye to everything that goes on, or leave. Nothing revolutionary or anything is going to change or be impacted by your posts.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

medvezhonok wrote:humm, strange that Femto posts this topic. Actually, it should be moved to "some of the most stupid topics ever posted". Not because the topic but because this is one of the aspects related to the world of Berserk most disscussed and commented in any Berserk boards. Everybody knows here that if a newbie was the one who posted this topic, any of the "El Diablo", "Arresty" "Starnum (the elven pimp)",or the same Femto would have flamed and humbled that user. "!oooh, man this has been disscussed a lot. you´re going to die" and bravery stuff like that. But hey it´s Femto!. You know guys, tyranny is worse when it´s supported by the people. None of the tyrants you stand here would have existed if anyone of YOU would have said stop to their lack of respect.

PS.- and now this post will be deleted by any of the quoted ones.
Kiss my ass you little whiny ass crotch goblin.

Well guess what, this isn't a government, you don't live here, you don't pay taxes, you are not forced to come here, you are not forced to participate in any discussions, you are not forced to even have an account.

Here are the facts: I pay it, all of it, out my pocket. The posts you make whining about tyranny is on my dime. You attack my moderators, then you attack me, so you better reign in that tyranny dialog before I take it and shove it up your butt-hole.

Any more comments about the users, moderators, or forums and I'll make sure you won't be posting here any time soon. This also means access to the tracker and other downloads of EG's releases. I have no doubt you will eventually read the latest and best of berserk that EG has to offer, but I'll make sure it is very difficult for you. I can also contact Telefonica de Espana @ +34.91.5194446 and file a abuse notice with them. If you don't like the terms, then drop the conversation and move on. When it comes to the forums, I'm always right, and why is that you may ask? Because I pay the bills.

Anyone else want to take a stab at the forums and tyranny? Just be prepared to meet the same fate. I hate whiners.

Now, the post hasn't been deleted. Why, because we don't delete posts here. We make a point of them. Also, Femto created this because a lot of people just off the anime are curious about a second season or how the manga compares and if they should read it. Well, guess what, here is an entire thread dedicated to that train of thought. Some people will never read the manga, some started on the manga, and some are into the anime because they like whole animation thing... better. It was a good thread.
Last edited by psi29a on Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I was surprised when I saw this topic was still alive, but what has happened to it was an interesting turn.

My opinion on the matter. This is a good thread. This anime/manga is one of the few where you can have a intelligent debate about which is better. Generally its hands down manga, but this is an exception. Both were exceptional. Most people read the manga because the anime was so amazing they had to find out what happened. They had to have more.

I personally like how this board is run. I am not a mod, but I would probably fall in the regular category though I have not been posting much recently. The mods and psi do a great job of filtering out the garbage and keeping this forum intelligent and worth posting at. Those pussy NF style boards are full of shitty VS threads and other crappy threads that just degrade the quality of the boards. So what we eliminate whiners and pussies, they don't belong here anyways.
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

whoever whines about the forum, which provides free manga scans, should be shot :OWTH:
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well said. :thumbsup: New but smart.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Hes not really new. I mean hes been here for like a month.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

He is new to me, and his post count is low. But he is smart is the whole point, well atleast smart enough to know how to avoid flaming. That is key, but I stand corrected with the new comment.
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

well....thanks :thumb:
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, basically, 'we elitists stick together', heh.

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Can´t really see the point about making such a fuzz about something that doesnt really matter, I mean the Admin has to do what they where ment to do.
Besides so far I havent seen anyone get a flaming actually, well maybe a slap on the wrist and then they make an apology and that´s that as they say.

But back to the subject, me personally had a tough time to make up my mind on wich is the better.
I first saw the anime (And it was good :D ) and then was craving for more, and got my hands on the manga (Wich of course is exceptional).

But as always you need to make a stand so I went for the manga after I tossed a coin :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

medvezhonok....yep hes gotten owned up before.

http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... highlight=

Its all there.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
xmolierex
imanewbie

Post by xmolierex »

I'd say the Manga is better only because it continues on with the story and it gives a more thorough narration of it. If the animated series had been continued though, even with the ultra violent and gory scenes taken out, I'd say that it would be incredible. I was afflicted by this series mainly due to the animated version. The soundtrack is limited, but it captures the emotion well on many scenes, and the sounds/SFX add a level of atmosphere which you just can't replicate with the manga. Also, this is at least what I think, when I read the manga now, I actually imagine the whole thing as if it was being animated, even by matching music to certain scenes based on the animated series. To me that adds something to the experience. So yeah, I guess I like the animated series better, with a tint of silly hope and wishful thinking (I wish they continue it someday).
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

i prefer the manga because of the quality of the drawings... The anime never had such a feel of perfectionism about it. Story wise i don't really care which one i see though it is a shame that the anime stopped at the end of the eclipse... it really looks as if more is to come... bummer..

ow and btw if this is tyranny than why does everyone that knows the forum like it. tyranny is normally hated with every fiber in the body. But if this is indeed tyranny then LONG LIVE THE TYRANTS!
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

ucrzymofo87 wrote:whoever whines about the forum, which provides free manga scans, should be shot :OWTH:
And since when do you shoot people with a guillotine? :twisted: