Chapter 254

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Wow, after all this stalking I'm finally registered again.
But who cares.

Isn't it funny how all this off-topic posts started just because Orochimaru thought that Ayanami is female.

To get on topic myself, I can't wait to (hopefully) see Guts getting Berserk soon. I don't know if it's going to happen but I think many of us want to see it again 'cause there was a little bit much story telling in the last chapters. I don't think it's this bad, but I myself miss the emotions coming up when Guts is in battle.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I don't think this is the right spot in the story for a blood bath, but you never know.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I don't think it'll happen at the ball too but I think some bigger battles will show up soon.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yeah, we can be pretty sure that big battles will never too far away in Berserk...

Nice av, BTW.
Ghostviper04
imanewbie

Post by Ghostviper04 »

It'll probably be Farnese reaching a conclusion about herself, just like Shierke did at the pier. Gatts won't get much action, except to walk away looking cool. But I could be wrong...
Ramirez
imanewbie

Post by Ramirez »

Let him rest. Poor Gatts, he's ill. Now when I look at his face I can see Kenshin's on his last days..

We will need a new hero soon enough.. But well... I think I would fit the role. Y'know, run around with a sword bigger than you. Being possesed by some kind of dog on sundays. Who couldn't do that?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Stop it.

You are not funny.
Ramirez
imanewbie

Post by Ramirez »

You should stop. I already know you secretly love me.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The reason that we keep noobs around here is to make ourselves feel like geniuses. I must say it works.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Ramirez wrote:You should stop. I already know you secretly love me.
Man! That was awesome! Where do you get this stuff? I've never heard something as funny as that! And so original too!

:roll:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

If only I have mod powers...drats!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Ramirez
imanewbie

Post by Ramirez »

Femto wrote:Man! That was awesome! Where do you get this stuff? I've never heard something as funny as that! And so original too!
Yeah, It's a common one. But somehow, it works with you.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

So now the preview is out Miura will probably think he can take a break for the next few months, since he already gave us a part of our fix.

Damn, I should just totally ignore berserk for the next five years and then read it all in one go.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Brainpiercing: I was actually thinking of doing that a while ago...

Ramirez: ... Forget it, you're not worth my time.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:Damn, I should just totally ignore berserk for the next five years and then read it all in one go.
Heh, yeah. But I think they'll have to bound me in shackles to stop me from reading it though. :wink: :P

And eventually I'll break free and roam the lands as a crazed beast looking for a computer which has five years worth of Berserk chapters.

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Yeah, I couldn't stop reading, too.
It's like a drug. If you stop taking it just tasting a bit of it will bring you back.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I must say I've really come to value manga artists who know how to finish a story. Even if the end is not the big bang, at least you can read it all and then say "Well, that was that then, move on to the next." I'm not saying I want Berserk to end, but perhaps Miura should just hire an army of artists to help him out :).
Brainpiercing
Ramirez
imanewbie

Post by Ramirez »

What if Miura gets killed by a car crossing a road?...

What would we do?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

We would all kill you for saying it before it happened. :evil:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Now this really isn't meant as a flame....

but I totally agree with Necromancer. :)
Brainpiercing
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

To get back on topic... 254 has been available for download at Udanraws for some time now. I would link to the channel, but I lose at IRC and you all probably know how to get there anyway.

(Me? Long-time lurker finally decided to register, etc)
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Ramirez wrote:What if Miura gets killed by a car crossing a road?...

What would we do?
Ramirez, just stop talking, please.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

dos.azn wrote:
Starnum wrote:I wish Shisho were here so he could give his theory about men who portray a female persona online. Anyway, this thread has really digressed.
i miss shisho too :cry:

Dont we all.

Lordmune : great to see you. Well just wait for the usual raws though its all good. Not like i read em anyways.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

zOMG My first post has been acknowledged by Buzkashi himself (This may seem strange to you, but I've been hanging around here for so long I have come to regard a lot of people on this forum as demi-gods, residing on a completely different plane of existence, apart from us regular forum-goers and lurkers). I thank you.

Regarding #254... I actually expected them to prance around and talk a bit more before the ball, but it appears Miura wants to speed up the storytelling a bit. Which is fine by me. :)
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

LordMune wrote:zOMG My first post has been acknowledged by Buzkashi himself
...which doesn't mean squat. :P

I hope I get to see some carnage. It'd be pretty sucky if Guts arrives at the ball in the last page of the chapter...and then we'd have to wait another 2 weeks to see the confrontation.