Berserk 314 - Human Tentacles

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Billabong
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 314 - Human Tentacles

Post by Billabong »

I doubt she's going to be an enemy, "Isma" essentially means "Safe", and considering how different her name is from others i doubt it's a coincidence.
More likely i expect she wasn't corrupted by the sea god because of her heritage, and she's going to tag along with Guts to Elfheim, assuming Elfheim is still there.

Which bring up another crack theory i have, Griffith attacked the Spirit tree because there was a powerful witch living there, i really doubt he'd leave Elfheim alone.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

my theory of the ship is that the giant sea monster is inside it in some way, would explain why the ship could transport under sea and climb a mountain. hopefully we will find out next chapter and if not how the ship could climb the mountain.

good point btw, that griffith might attack elfheim.

i know some parts of berserk seem very slow and boring, but when i reread those parts they were really good, its probably only due to the slow pace of chapter releases, its kinda like reading a book one page at a time, every other month.

i heard that there will be a new waiting after next chapter, anyone knows if its true or false?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Griffith's planning to attack Elfheim, but given all we've heard about the place, and how powerful a single witch can be, I suspect it will take him at least a little while to prepare for such a campaign.
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Isma will turn into a mermaid if herself and others believe in it hard enough, 'cause that works now in Berserk, right?
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

tsubaimomo wrote:Isma will turn into a mermaid if herself and others believe in it hard enough, 'cause that works now in Berserk, right?
If that's the case, then Gutts and Caska should have dropped dead cuz I believe state based actions have been overlooked for quite sometime now. It's not sacrificed till it goes to the graveyard damnit.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I'm betting when they get to Elfheim its already in Ruin.
"Context is for Kings"
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Grahf wrote:I'm betting when they get to Elfheim its already in Ruin.
Boy would that be anti-climatic.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Miura wouldn't do that to us... or would he... I still wonder what happen to Skull Knight after the fight on top of the Emperors face :twisted:

And thanks again EG without you we would all be lost...
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I don't think Elfheim will be in ruin, but there might be something very insidious with it. There has to be a reason why Puck left and is not telling the crew about it. Maybe the Elf King will pull a Lando and will actually be in alliance with Griffith in an attempt to preserve his people.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!