Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk Stupid theories

Post by The Herald »

The godhand are really aliens and they will take you away to the wonderful planet Wunderlund if you give them your life savings.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:The godhand are really aliens and they will take you away to the wonderful planet Wunderlund if you give them your life savings.
Aliens? That could be dangerous. There might be anal probes or something.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Don't mess with aliens and their probes:

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

maybe that's what that pointy apendage they almost got casca with in the great eclipse. you see, that eclipse was them transporting you to another planet. but it wasn't wunderlund, it was craplund, the one you have to go to before, kinda like a ladder.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

I was rereading Vol. 26 recently, and noticed something I hadn't before-- that when Slan shows up out of the troll intestines, she mentions that the other members of the God Hand "likely melted into their preferred Sephira." According to Wikipedia, "Sephira" is the plural of "Sephirot," ten attributes of God through which He manifests himself in the physical and metaphysical universes (more here).

But wait? Ten Sephira, but only five God Hand members? My stupid theory of the day: there's another God Hand with an additional five members out there somewhere. After all, why shouldn't God have two hands?

Alternate theory: since a new God Hand member is only created during the Great Eclipse once every 216 years, and Griffith is the fifth member of the God Hand, that means that God is only halfway through manifesting His hands. In another 1,080 years, both of God's hands will be complete, and He will finally be able to do what He always wanted: clap along to the song "If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands." This would also explain why the world of Berserk is such a shithole: because God is not happy yet, not being able to clap His hands.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

hbi2k wrote:My stupid theory of the day: there's another God Hand with an additional five members out there somewhere. After all, why shouldn't God have two hands?
God Penis!

... Then again, God might not have one.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Maybe the other five members are good, to balance out the evil of the godhand already presented in Berserk.

In any case, without two hands, how can God hold the whole world in his hands? (if you don't know this reference, remember back to your childhood or hang out with a relative's little kids).

[spoiler]It's Raffi. Now, you may say that that's even a little too weird even for me, but I went to his concert when I was 9 and can't forget anything from it, just like any other concert I've ever been too. Luckily I have Metallica and Incubus to drown out 'Baby Beluga'[/spoiler]
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:Maybe the other five members are good, to balance out the evil of the godhand already presented in Berserk.

In any case, without two hands, how can God hold the whole world in his hands? (if you don't know this reference, remember back to your childhood or hang out with a relative's little kids).

[spoiler]It's Raffi. Now, you may say that that's even a little too weird even for me, but I went to his concert when I was 9 and can't forget anything from it, just like any other concert I've ever been too. Luckily I have Metallica and Incubus to drown out 'Baby Beluga'[/spoiler]
Or maybe (compared to the other God's Hand) the ones we've already seen are the "good" God's Hand, and Guts is going to have to find himself working with Griffith in order to stop the horror that this other God's Hand plans. Griffith is only trying to conquer the world so he can save it from their nefarious plans.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Nah, I think that all of the horror created by these apostles of this godhand proves that it's evil.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Wait wait, God Hand? God penis?

Oh man, with their powers combined there will be a force that nobody could stop.

God cum.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:Nah, I think that all of the horror created by these apostles of this godhand proves that it's evil.
That's why I said "compared to the other God's Hand" they're the good ones. For example, what if Ganshika is one of the Apostles created by the other GH, and all of that GH's Apostles are like him?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Just popping in here for a second. I think Zangief from Street Fighter might be a descendant of Gats. That guy is a TANK in street fighter 4, and he looks like he could lift the DS too.

This brings up a question that might stir up this thread a bit... anyone ever see any videogame/movie/manga/etc character that has any resemblance to Berserk characters? Hmmm maybe I should make 'people who look like people from Berserk' thread. :D
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

As a movie once revealed, god is a man. (I don't remember it's title, but since it was made by a Hollywood based studio it should be clear that EVERYTHING it contained was true)

True men only need one hand. Why?

PD:

One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

Then Guts must have kids then ... I like that theory. Wait, that freaky lump of flesh with one eye is his kid isn't it ....
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

yeah, but he appeared again as a human kid after that lump of flesh was used to make the current griffith. that chapter was both cute and bizarre. he'll probably appear again on skellig.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:yeah, but he appeared again as a human kid after that lump of flesh was used to make the current griffith. that chapter was both cute and bizarre. he'll probably appear again on skellig.
That's one theory, anyway. Bear in mind, no one (besides Miura) really knows the identity of that child they meet on the beach; it's just speculation that it is Guts' and Caska's child.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yeah, but we all know it's highly likely that it's Guts and Casca's kid. I mean, c'mon, what else would it be? Didn't they teach you that backwards sort of logic in math class ... which my dumbass self can't remember what it's called because I'm a costume major. :stupid:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

A new thought I thought I'd share:

In the Berserk world, some monsters are born out of the fear people have in superstitious monsters, right? In that case, wouldn't Gut's dog monster be a conception from the idea people have of him?
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

The Herald wrote:Yeah, but we all know it's highly likely that it's Guts and Casca's kid. I mean, c'mon, what else would it be? Didn't they teach you that backwards sort of logic in math class ... which my dumbass self can't remember what it's called because I'm a costume major. :stupid:
I recently re-read those chapters on the beach, and it got me thinking. Why couldn't that child be the offspring of Caska and Griffith? Was it ever established that Caska was pregnant with Guts' child?

Seriously, why couldn't it be Griffith's child?
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

BigSassy wrote:
The Herald wrote:Yeah, but we all know it's highly likely that it's Guts and Casca's kid. I mean, c'mon, what else would it be? Didn't they teach you that backwards sort of logic in math class ... which my dumbass self can't remember what it's called because I'm a costume major. :stupid:
I recently re-read those chapters on the beach, and it got me thinking. Why couldn't that child be the offspring of Caska and Griffith? Was it ever established that Caska was pregnant with Guts' child?

I believe that Skull Knight does indeed confirm that the child Caska gave birth to is Guts', and it has been tainted by Femto's demon semen.
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
BigSassy wrote:

I believe that Skull Knight does indeed confirm that the child Caska gave birth to is Guts', and it has been tainted by Femto's demon semen.
Oh that's right. I couldn't remember if the "Femto's demon seed perverted Gut's and Caska's Child" theory was born on these forums or if it was official cannon.
Dokuro no Kishi
imanewbie

Post by Dokuro no Kishi »

The skull knight is Guts and Griffith's biological father. Why do you think their last names were never mentioned?
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
BigSassy wrote:

I love the fact that Paternity Test Vision is apparently one of the super powers SK got (presumably) from the Berserk Armour.

It's probably one of those things better taken at face value than thought about too deeply. (-:
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

In the anime there's no time between their night together and the eclipse, but in the manga it suggests that there could be. The fetus is developed enough (excluding the whole demon thing) to suggest that it is Guts' child and not Griffith's. Plus the whole Skull Knight thing too. He's deus ex machina, he's not supposed to be explained thoroughly.
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

In some way that kid is Caska, Gatts and Griffith son.
Well, that can be wrong if Griffith got his dikk cut off in that jail (yeah another treasure for that pervert). In that case the third parent is Femto, created with the blood of all the hawks....
Wait... In that case Caska got pregnant of ALL of the hawks DNA!!! So Judeau is still alive in this child!!!!!