::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by Starnum »

Well the main difference between Izumi's case and Kei's, that I can come up with, is that Izumi wasn't resurrected by anyone using the 100 points menu. If you recall, Gantz selected him to come to the room again, after Kei took him out. So everyone normally retains their memories before coming to the Gantz room through normal means, such as "dying" and then being brought to the room, whereas Kei had been released from the "game" and died normally, and was then brought back using the 100 points menu. I'm not sure if that'll make a difference or not, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

As for Nishi bring Izumi back, I personally hope he doesn't. I didn't like that asshat, but if it happens it happens, no big. I mean he is really skilled, so he's an asset to the team, as long as he's not going on homicidal killing sprees on normal people. I just don't think Nishi will do it. He's a pretty selfish guy, I imagine him taking a stronger weapon if anything. Though bringing Izumi back is kind of like getting a new weapon too, heh. I mean, if he respected Izumi so much though, why didn't he go with him to help him fight against the vampires. He pretty much let the guy go die and didn't help or anything. Maybe it was just because he was too lazy or scared to fight without his suit, but still...I guess we'll see on that too, heh.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Gantz doesn't really revives anyone, he chooses and instantly clones whoever died in japan and since Kurono was a past Gantz player, it means that Gantz has his data and whatever he needs to clone him when somedy asks.

What bugs me though is why Katou only got 100 points since he took care of a couple of monsters before killing Nyon , including that huge ass demon that was about to kill some 3 Osakan players and a load of civilians. Maybe Gantz has set a limit in how many points a player can make.

It´s good that Kei´s back, Oka had the begining of the manga with both of them as Gantz noobs, Kurono dies and the manga focus on him, Katou is ressurected and Kei leaves gantz to die by the hand of Host Samurai, the manga then focused Katou and now both of them are back in the game as seasoned veterans.

Also, Gantz gave the vampire chick the best nick name ever.

Ever.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I wouldn't say katou's a seasoned veteran, Kei is without a doubt. If he was alive the Osaka ark would've ended forty chapters ago for sure.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Deathbringer wrote:Gantz doesn't really revives anyone, he chooses and instantly clones whoever died in japan and since Kurono was a past Gantz player, it means that Gantz has his data and whatever he needs to clone him when somedy asks.

What bugs me though is why Katou only got 100 points since he took care of a couple of monsters before killing Nyon , including that huge ass demon that was about to kill some 3 Osakan players and a load of civilians. Maybe Gantz has set a limit in how many points a player can make.

It´s good that Kei´s back, Oka had the begining of the manga with both of them as Gantz noobs, Kurono dies and the manga focus on him, Katou is ressurected and Kei leaves gantz to die by the hand of Host Samurai, the manga then focused Katou and now both of them are back in the game as seasoned veterans.

Also, Gantz gave the vampire chick the best nick name ever.

Ever.
Katou teleported the monsters, thus not technically killing them. If I'm not mistaken, Katou has officially only killed two monsters.....the Buddha arc boss and the 100-pointer. Though I could be wrong.............
Let's put a smile on that face...............
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

the real question we need to firgure out is how the fuck did the panda get some many points?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:the real question we need to firgure out is how the fuck did the panda get some many points?
Where does the Panda go after they get let out of the room after each mission?

Also if he gets to 100-hundred do you think he'll choose freedom or a better weapon?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The Prince wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:the real question we need to firgure out is how the fuck did the panda get some many points?

Also if he gets to 100-hundred do you think he'll choose freedom or a better weapon?
he'll revive the dog
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

DrPepperPro wrote:
The Prince wrote:

he'll revive the dog
:lol:

Aw, that was a good one Doc. Anyway, I know that Gantz doesn't really "revive" them, i was just using that word to refer to his clone copying ability, or whatever the hell it is. I don't know if there's a point-cap per game or not, but I think Prince is prolly right. Katou does love that transporter gun. After everything Katou's been through, especially the entire Buddha alien arc and the Osaka arc, and the fact that he killed both of those bosses. I'd say he's a vet in my opinion. Oh, yeah, and I loved the new Gantz nicknames, and yes the vampire chick had the best one for sure.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Hoi Hoi is a pimp, lol
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

pandas kick ass XD
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

new chapter: 280!

[spoiler]Wow awesome informational chapter. So, just 1 more week. I don't really remember previously how long it would be in between gantz missions, but I'd guess it was around 1 week. So probably the next mission they will have to fight that invincible army, which is most likely some sort of alien invasion.[/spoiler]
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

well shit man thats kinda trippy kurono gets revived and now the worlds gonna end
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Heh, the new Kei only has memory until the first time he got 100 points, that´s should be since the Kei that died was being "monitored" by Gantz.

I´d like to know how the hell Nishi knows so much shit about Gantz.

Also Germany has to have a strong connection to Gantz. First there is a cult and a huge black ball in Germany. Now instead of using the Japanese word of catastrophe, he uses the German word katastrophe.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Probably their government is more open to discussion with the people or something, or they have had a gantz ball operating there for longer.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Please use the spoiler tags guys. I basically knew what was gonna happen in this chapter before I even read it. Anyway, cool stuff. I imagine it's only gonna get better from here.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

bored at work, so i read 280.

is it me or did i see something completely wrong with Kei's reaction?

think about it for a second from his prepective.

In his mind he just beat Oni and asked to be freed. So if you were him it would be like this "I want to be free." (slowly your body is being transported, however long that takes, i think minutes) then all of sudden instead of beingin the real world you come back again into the room. Roughly in your mind mere minutes. I would be freaking out and cursing at Gantz for playing a dirty trick. Any person rightfully would be in shock that the game didn't free them. Though of course what am I trying to do by analyzing Gantz. the manga has its own terms of how to do things that are not plausiable in anyway.

btw now that there is going to be a [spoiler]"nuclear war"[/spoiler] i think we might learn a bit more about Gantz in the comming issues hopefully. (here is me hoping they dont take the Matrix route)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't know, Kei seemed pretty confused all around at first, but I can see your point. Yeah, I think we'll be learning a lot more soon too.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

And people told him right away that he died outside a mission, implying that he indeed got out.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i know they told him he died, but from his prepective (memory wise) he literary just transported from the room to the room again in a matter of minutes. We as an audience know he died, but the character himself is completely unaware.

eitherway i think im gonna not read gantz for a long time. then when i get bored i might come back.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:i know they told him he died, but from his prepective (memory wise) he literary just transported from the room to the room again in a matter of minutes. We as an audience know he died, but the character himself is completely unaware.

eitherway i think im gonna not read gantz for a long time. then when i get bored i might come back.
That's nice.,.......
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

damn we had to wait two weeks for this?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh stop being so cynical. You're always so negative. Personally, I'm glad to see them getting back together.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

People complain about to much action and hten people complain about lack of action.

Heh.

Plus, probably in the next chapter, Kei will celebrate his resurrection with some penis thrusting on Tae.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It's only expected that he'd act that way. During his time in the Gantz team, Kei went from being an asshole to a guy that was motivated to help others. He also began to really care about Tae, and his last saved memories were about her getting killed, so we knew something like this was going to happen.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Deathbringer wrote:Plus, probably in the next chapter, Kei will celebrate his resurrection with some penis thrusting on Tae.
Hells yeah! Heh, well it is Kei after all. ;)