berserk dumbest moments

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

citanuzuki666
notanewb

Re: berserk dumbest moments

Post by citanuzuki666 »

I hate the scene when Griffith a Charlotte are making a whistle with the leaves. For some reason that scene pisses me off.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Why would something like that piss you off? If you don't know, you may want to look into that. :P
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

lol, ill be the first to admit im crazy but that scene is just annoying to me.
thesyndrome
imanewbie

Post by thesyndrome »

sorry if i'm beating a dead horse, but i have to agree that i feel that the berserker armour isnt the best thing ever...

I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but personally, i find guts fighting terribly bland ever since he got that armour, all he ever does now is charge at things in a berserk rage and hit really really hard; whenever i see a new fight i compare it it to his fight against roshinu in the retribution arc, it is him chasing and fighting her for 3 volumes, and he is constantly using his head (fire and heat to stop her dust and minions), and actually risking his life willingly (when she impaled his arm so he could get a shot in), whereas in the berserker armour he is all RAGE RAGE RAGE, and we hardly get a tactical narrative; the feelings of desperation to win and triumph of man over monster are gone (whilst i realise that this may be miuras intention to show guts becoming a monster, it doesnt mean i support it)
the fight against the kushan sorcerer guy (his name eludes me) was a bit like old times, because guts was in control of himself, but still....

there, i said it; to be honest i don't want to start a flame war or some heated discussion, i was just stating how i feel about that armour
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Dumbest moment: 3 silver coins just isn't realistic. He could have gotten at least 20, and even then its a bargain.

But seriously, I don't think there are any dumb moments in Berserk, it is all pure genius to me.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I agree......

Well, may be this scene can be considered a little.......dumb:

But, then again, its just Puck, so he shouldn't be taken seriously.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Gwarrior
imanewbie

Post by Gwarrior »

I always thought it was dumb how Gaston was blabbering on when he was dying. "Guess I'm just a minor character" funny, but kinda dumb.
This message is brought to you by the Infrequent Posters Union.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

These points may have already been raised, and I probably ought to specify exactly who these responses apply to, but:
-Berserker Armor is implausible
Magic.
-Berserker Armor does more harm than good
That's the point.
-People make stupid decisions
That's realism.
-People make improbable decisions
-Events play out in an improbable manner
This is a world where deus ex machina is an actual manipulative force.
-Guts's arm.
. . .yeah, I got nothing.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Gwarrior wrote:I always thought it was dumb how Gaston was blabbering on when he was dying. "Guess I'm just a minor character" funny, but kinda dumb.
your dumb.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Dumb moments? Well lets see, there's starting to be alot of comical relief in the manga, has anyone noticed but me?
thedavemc
imanewbie

Post by thedavemc »

Just to get back for a second to the discussion about Griffith's capture...

Guts is the only person Griffith ever loved. Maybe there is a sexual element to that and maybe not, but Guts was certainly the most important person in Griffith's life emotionally, and the only person her ever thought of as an equal (or close to) - as evidenced by his reaction to Guts leaving.
So... Griffith finds comfort in the arms of Charlotte. For Griffith's destiny to come about - the pivotal moment in that switch to darkness is Guts' rejection of Griffith, and all the time Guts just wanted to make himself worthy of Griffith's love.
So Berserk is a tragic love story between two men. Sorta Romeo and Romeo :)
Maybe in the end they'll get to the point where Guts has his sword raised above Griffith's head and they'll look in each other's eyes and start making out :D

Anyway my point is that when you think Griffith was heartbroken, his behaviour seems a lot more understandable. Whatever his sexuality, Guts is the love of Griffith's life, and his reaction - running to someone else for comfort, acting recklessly and losing the will to fight - all part of getting dumped :)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Ha ha ha!

So Griffith appearing in the hill of swords with Zodd was basically him trying to make Guts jealous by showing off his new boyfriend?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

it's really dumb guts breaking his ribs in every single great fight and just forgetting about it later ¬¬
that fight with wyald, for example. he broke several bones - including ribs - and later we had the eclipse. ok, it's a ritical situation so he doesnt pay attention to pain and so, but when he woke up 4 days after, he was able to run n scream, etc. you see, it's not only the pain that restrains a everybonesbroken person to run n etc
seems like if there's one fight after another, only the damage of the last fight is relevant ¬¬
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I think it's been a little long since Serpico and Farnese were introduced into the story, and their blood relation coming to light, for Serpico not to tell anyone he's related to her. I guess that's kind of Miura's way for making the fandom think there's an element of incest in Berserk, but it's pretty obvious that Serpico's interest in Farnese is genuinely platonic. Maybe at times Farnese liked Serpico, but after this much time they're too friendly to be romantic, even if you ignore the incest bit. And besides, Farnese has a dashing prince to sweep her away, what would she want with a man who has already shot down her advances before?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil