Street Fighter IV!!!!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: Street Fighter IV!!!!

Post by halfnhalf »

http://blog.capcom.com/

check out the abel video. the guy commentating tell us bout abel's move list, and gives some pretty good insight what it can and cant cancel into.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

MadDogMike wrote:How many huge, bulky wrestlers does Capcom want? Their roster is already limited enough. Give us something interesting.
Though they look bulky, I can't recall many wrestler types outside of Zangief in the conventions of street fighter. Though it appears the further along the street fighter engine(s) have evolved, the more they have incorporated reversals and throws into the overall technical dimensions (beyond what used to be limited to the the occasional Blanca "grab and bite" or Zangief supermove) of the gameplay. I would be interesting to see how far those at Capcom are willing to expand upon this aspect of gameplay, with the addition of a wrestling-caricature, where perhaps this element of gameplay would be the focus of gameplay. Though how much would they be willing to commit to this approach, without taking away from the frenetic striking and free form movement associated with traditional 2-D fighter gameplay.

I know that with the UFC game coming out, though being a 3-D fighter where fighters are pretty much glued to their immediate location, they are hoping to create a hybrid style of gameplay transitioning between Tekken type-gameplay and a submission grappling system (nothing comparable comes to mind). Though IMO I envision, unless they figured out something revolutionary, the heavy grappling component will become a nuisance and overwhelm the striking element of its gameplay.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

A new UFC game eh? I played some of the older ones, not bad, but I would look for something evolved in a new game.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

MadDogMike wrote:How many huge, bulky wrestlers does Capcom want? Their roster is already limited enough. Give us something interesting.
El FUerte just looks bulky because of the art style, I mean if you look at Ryu's character pic he looks HUEG. El Fuerte will most likely end up fighting like a typical Luchador with flying moves with a few throws.
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

http://cams.capcomusa.com/webcam/

from capcom's webcam....

tigger uppercut M.Bison?? could he be in SF4?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

You never know what those crazy guys at capcom will come up with next. They're greaaat!

Personally, I'm hoping for real life Dhalsim.

http://blog.capcom.com/archives/1017
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

:lol: I guess they haven't been officially announced yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up having Bison and Dhalsim. Rather I'd be more surprised if it didn't, since it seems like they're trying to bring back SFII, but we'll see.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31830.html

Wahahahaha.

That shit looks fucking atrocious.

Holy shit.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LMAO.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

It looks a lot better when the speed is left on default instead of maximum, but it still looks weird in a lot of places.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I was expecting they would use more sprites so the moves looked a lot more fluid like in SF3, but they really fucked it up there.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Guess they only re-did each frame and didn't take into account it would look like shit if they didn't add any in. Theres still some hope... I think, isn't the video of the demo?

On a side not, doesn't Ryus select character pic look like T.Hawk? They gave him like a super big ass chin and really weird nose.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I knew some guys that thought the stills looked good. :?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Some new screens of ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FUERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTE have popped up on the net recently.

http://kotaku.com/376022/fresh-street-f ... te-screens

The looks on Zangief's face in that one pic is hilarious.
ImageImage
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Ok, I have officially given up on this game...

I have 1 character to blame. RUFUS

Hopefully this is some late April Fools joke.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

is that capcom's poke at trying to make fun of Tekken 6's fat fighter?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

halfnhalf wrote:is that capcom's poke at trying to make fun of Tekken 6's fat fighter?
Yeah, I think that guys name was Bob? Maybe Rufus will be the new Dan of the SF series?

BTW, I use Dan so no disrespect to the Saikyo style!

Yahoo!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Dan is such a horrible character.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:Dan is such a horrible character.
QFT.

Ugh, I thought this Rufus guy was a big joke all the guys on SRK had made up, since getting a camera into the test arcades is next to impossible and there was no way to disprove anyone saying "Oh yeah, there's a big fat guy in there too, his name is Rufus!" Whatever, I guess I just won't use him. However.....

LUCHA!
ImageImage
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I thought El Fuerte would be a slow character like Zangief, but he looks pretty dynamic, I'll give him a try when the games comes out. I only hope he doesn't take full-circle moves for his attacks (like most of Zangief's attacks in CvsSNK2), I hate it when the character jumps from trying to do a special attack.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

el fuerte seems like the sf4 version of sf3 alex. I bet it will be a bunch of half circles and charges for his move list.

btw, Geif LOOKS FUCKING HUGE!!! i mean shit, he is really fuckin big.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

This was just too good to pass up. I mean too horrible.

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote:el fuerte seems like the sf4 version of sf3 alex. I bet it will be a bunch of half circles and charges for his move list.
Actually from the people playing him in the tests in Japan, he doesn't have a 360 or any half-circles

El Fuerte
He looks much more energetic in the game than in the illustration. His intro, winquotes, etc focus on him being a cook. When he wins the first round, he says "Gracias", which made me laugh (?). In his match winpose, he strikes a pose with his eyes wide open, starts running and jumps into the air. While falling in mid-air, the screen zooms in on his face and you get the win screen.
Overall he seems like a really light-hearted, silly character. I really like him.

Intro
He jumps into the air while holding his frying pan, and spins in mid-air as he's falling to the ground. After he lands, he strikes a pose. He says "Super... Dynamic... Cooking Time!"

Winquote
"Tortillas aren't made with wheat flour! You use C-O-R-N!" (『トルティーヤは小麦粉じゃない!ト・ウ・モ・ロ・コ・シだ!!』)
He has a few other quotes, they are basically all about cooking.

I didn't check the name of his moves, or EX moves, sorry about that. Fuerte's country of origin is Mexico.

Special moves
QCF or QCB+P

Command run, QCF runs forward, QCB runs backwards. There are 3 different followups. When you run backwards, if you hit the edge of the screen, Fuerte will bounce and start running towards the opponent.

LP followup - Fuerte stops suddenly. Can be used for feints.
MP followup - Flying body press. Startup is fast, and with the dash this move can cover a lot of distance quickly. Can cross-up? This move is really fast.
HP followup - Jumps similar to the MP move, but this is a throw. Can be used in mixups with the MP versions, Fuerte beginners at the location test did this a lot. If done from a backwards run, the animation is different.

Hold K, release
Fuerete rushes towards the opponent abruptly. This move is also fast, so if your opponent is not expecting it you can really surprise them. Using this move and the aformentioned run, you can dance back and forth across the screen to your heart's content.

DP+K
Diagonal jumping anti-air throw. If you touch the opponent, Fuerte grabs them with his hands and feet and slams them into the ground. This move also has a quick startup, so it's kind of a sneaky move.

Super Combo, QCF2+K
Fuerte does a backflip and rushes towards his opponent. Can be hit out of the startup with low attacks? It's fast.

Ultra Combo, QCF2+KK
Fuerte jumps on top of his opponent, and grabs their head with his feet... I think. You can jump over projectiles and such. It's pretty easy to land!!
Looks like he play a lot like Ramon from KoF (Shocking, I know)
ImageImage
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

New screens with some more SF2 characters: Vega, Balrog, Bison and Sagat. I kinda like how vega turned out, the character looks good.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/street- ... iv/782098/
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

So word on the street and supposedly in the new EGM that SF4 is being made by DIMPS, the same guys who made rumble fish.... capcom is just publishing it.