Berserk Cosplay

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk Cosplay

Post by The Herald »

Erm, well, I'm a little torn on the Femto costume. First reason being I think I need to use foam and I don't like foam. The second being I won't have anywhere to hold my money and passport. I've already done some sketches, and well, this will be sure one hell of an undertaking. ... I hate foam ... Maybe I should just do Void instead? He doesn't have legs, so I could hide a bag or a fanny pack or something underneath his robe wings. Plus he is the narrator, and technically has more scenes than Femto. Anyways, I will be making a Leblanc costume from FFX-2 for my friend first because, well, she really knows she wants it. I really do like the idea of Void, because of his brain and all. Plus he doesn't rape Casca :D
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Okay, this isn't double posting because that last post was a while ago. I've finally decided! Yay for me! And for Berserk fans, because I'm going to do a Berserk cosplay for the Sakuracon, and therefore anything that comes after it. And the lucky winner is ... Serpico! I have a really good idea for how to make his cloak look really ethereal. Plus I have his haircut. I'm not doing Roderick until I know for sure what colors he is. So, if you guys out there could help me find a ton of Serpico pics. You know, so I get every piece perfect. I am very excited.

P.S. I'm going to kinda wrap the sword in shimmer fabric to make it look like wind.
P.P.S. If anyone wants me to make a Farnese (pronounced far NEE zee, just found out that the root of her name is a theatre in Venice) or anyone else in Serpico's group just put up the funds for the fabric and send me your measurements and I'll have it ready for the 2008 Sakuracon.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:Okay, this isn't double posting because that last post was a while ago. I've finally decided! Yay for me! And for Berserk fans, because I'm going to do a Berserk cosplay for the Sakuracon, and therefore anything that comes after it. And the lucky winner is ... Serpico! I have a really good idea for how to make his cloak look really ethereal. Plus I have his haircut. I'm not doing Roderick until I know for sure what colors he is. So, if you guys out there could help me find a ton of Serpico pics. You know, so I get every piece perfect. I am very excited.

P.S. I'm going to kinda wrap the sword in shimmer fabric to make it look like wind.
P.P.S. If anyone wants me to make a Farnese (pronounced far NEE zee, just found out that the root of her name is a theatre in Venice) or anyone else in Serpico's group just put up the funds for the fabric and send me your measurements and I'll have it ready for the 2008 Sakuracon.
I believe Roderick is white.

Where Caska likely has a little "brother" in her.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I thought he was blue. See, we aren't sure :P. He's also not in English yet, but Serpico is. What do you mean about Casca?
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

that shes probably got some african or black, or whatever term you want to use- blood in her. most people here say shes prob half white half black, but u dunno 'bout that.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Casca is Spanish, so that's probably a mix of meditteranian with arabic from the migration of people through Northern Africa.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i dunno...id like to hear what miura thought..probably, he just designed her with no particular ethnicity in mind, but of course we will guess and guess at EG.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I just go with all of the different clues alluding to Midland being France. If Casca were in a border town in a mountain range, and now she's in Midland, doesn't it stand to reason that that border town was in the range between France and Spain? She's definitely not Italian, like Serpico and Farnese.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, whether there are similarities between the world of Berserk and our own, or not... It's not Earth, there is no France or Spain. As far as we know, she’s a Midlander. Her skin is just a little darker. Whether she’s a different race or not, you can’t say she’s Spanish. Berserk is in a fantasy world with it’s own places and peoples. Compare them to real races all you want, I’m just sayin.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

YUP! i totally agree with that.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Well, whether there are similarities between the world of Berserk and our own, or not... It's not Earth, there is no France or Spain. As far as we know, she’s a Midlander. Her skin is just a little darker. Whether she’s a different race or not, you can’t say she’s Spanish. Berserk is in a fantasy world with it’s own places and peoples. Compare them to real races all you want, I’m just sayin.
Oh....Leave it to you to spoil all the fun.

Well.....IMO Caska is a Puerto Rican then.

I like to imagine Berserk universe to be akin to a parallel universe. But however you spin it Miura's inspiration for the setting of Berserk is Medieval Europe. A time marked by feudal warfare between neighboring Kingdoms (countries) headed up by power hungry nobels.

-Not to mention a class structure and system of government heavily influenced by a common Christianic faith, munipulated for subjugation of the masses in the Berserk Universe. Having this faith based authoritorial system headed up by its own version of the Vatican headed by an all powerful papacy.

A Kushan invasion, that clearly parallels the ottoman invasion and conquest of western Europe. Events which help trigger the crusades.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Prince wrote:Oh....Leave it to you to spoil all the fun.
It's what I do. Whether I mean to or not. Usually the latter.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:
The Prince wrote:Oh....Leave it to you to spoil all the fun.
It's what I do. Whether I mean to or not. Usually the latter.
Don't get all emo on me. I always enjoy reading your insight.

If it makes a difference you're cooler and have a much better sense of humor than that Eldo guy.

But then again so does my cat.....j/k. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I appreciate that, but Eldo is a great guy. He's got a good sense of humor too, if you ask me. He's made me crack up on more than one occassion. He speaks the truth as well, it's just that sometimes the truth is hard to deal with. Besides, you say some weird shit sometimes. Anyway, let's not worry about that mess anymore. *shrugs*
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

If I said that Midland was actually France, I was wrong, but I was just trying to explain what nationality Casca could be from all of this guess work. The fact that her skin is so dark is a huge change from the norm in Japanese manga/ anime because usually the man has darker skin. Though, the darkness of her skin makes it hard for white or average Japanese people to cosplay her, but I have a bunch of Native Canadian friends who would be perfect for her. I personally am happy with Serpico, but I'm not bleaching my hair again.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yet again not a double post because it's two days later ...

... anyways ....

I'm pulling my fucking hair out over deciding who I want to be from Berserk! Femto would break on the commute to Seattle, I'm not nearly skinny enough to pull off Serpico. I have no clue what color Roderick is plus my hair isn't long enough yet, and he's not in English. Judeau is dead, and the blood would be too messy for the commute to Seattle and the convention centre. I refuse to cut my hair that short for Isidro. Any of the Godhand has the same problem for breaking. Guts is too big. The anime is almost eleven years old and the good parts from the manga aren't in English and the characters keep changing their costumes! I'm just about ready to do a random Tudor era costume and just bullshit and say I'm from Berserk. And I really don't want to deal with bringing a sword through customs, it's insane nowadays.

Thank God I know that my little sister really wants to be Salazar from Resident Evil 4 so I can just be her right hand man monster.

I need a character with either head covering or short brown hair and is not a size S.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's still a double post, whether its been two days or not. ;)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

About Caskas nationality.

Since Berserk, unfortunately, doesn't exist in the real world its useless to ponder what nationality she is. She could be mixed, she could have a nice tan going, she could be just naturally darker than other people. She could still be Asian, as South Eastern Asian people, thai-viet-laos-cambodian, people usually have a darker completion. Just look at the diversity of people on the world today. You can have a Phillipino Jew, Rob Shnider(sp?), or other totally random stuff.

In other news, I will create a new way to rate women from 1, being the lowest, to 10 being the highest. It will be called the Caska-meter.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, if one must guess what race or nationality Casca MIGHT be based on, don't forget to take into account the pink nipple factor, as was first presented by a one Mr. Buzkashi, I believe. Yeah, so at the very least, I wouldn't call her black. *shrugs*
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Haha, true true. I still think she's just a darker, more Meditteranean version of caucasian.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

The Herald wrote: Though, the darkness of her skin makes it hard for white or average Japanese people to cosplay her
well i hate to point out the obvious, but I cosplayed her and it wasnt the skin color factor that was the most challenging.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

And you looked damn good doing it. ;)
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

why thank you kind sir
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

lon3vvolf wrote:Since Berserk, unfortunately, doesn't exist in the real world
ಠ_ಠ

Gee, yeah, things would be so much cooler if an omnipotent being was out to cause human suffering and fill the world with demons.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Dagda Mor wrote:
lon3vvolf wrote:Since Berserk, unfortunately, doesn't exist in the real world
ಠ_ಠ

Gee, yeah, things would be so much cooler if an omnipotent being was out to cause human suffering and fill the world with demons.
Gatts: "He made a good choice.
He died the way he chose, and had the life he wanted to have. I'm sure he died happy!
We all have to die.
It's better to do it in the glory of battle." :D

People like that don't exist in this world, and its too bad cuz thats really bad ass. =P Oh yeah, I found my pics from otakon 05 and I have a couple more Gutts cosplayers, should I post??