Joey Chestnut does the unthinkable!!!

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Joey Chestnut does the unthinkable!!!

Post by halfnhalf »

Beat his record of 59.5 hot dogs in 12 mintues with 66 today!!!!! And has ended takeru kobayashi's 6 year reign!!!!!!! America has the belt back!!!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Joey Chestnut does the unthinkable!!!

Post by Eldo »

Yes, America has something to be proud of at last. Besides being the number one obese country in the world.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Eldo wrote:Yes, America has something to be proud of at last. Besides being the number one obese country in the world.
oh snap.

personally, I think this contest is utterly ridicules and un-worthy of praise.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

halfnhalf wrote:
Beat his record of 59.5 hot dogs in 12 mintues with 66 today!!!!! And has ended takeru kobayashi's 6 year reign!!!!!!! America has the belt back!!!
Too bad Kobayashi is doing Coor's Light commercials now.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Eldo wrote:Yes, America has something to be proud of at last. Besides being the number one obese country in the world.

But however, all those competitive eaters arent fat at all...
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

psi29a wrote:
oh snap.

personally, I think this contest is utterly ridicules and un-worthy of praise.
The same could be said of halfnhalf (100 Bullets avatar notwithstanding).
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

I find it hard to believe we ever DIDN'T hold the record... after all as Americans isn't it our duty to be as gluttonous and wasteful as possible? Not holding a record like that seems somehow unpatriotic... I wonder if Bush knows about this? He should be told. :shock:
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Honestly, being a competitive eater has to take a serious toll to the body. During a hot dog eating contest, if a person where to eat roughly 30 hot dogs that already would be over 17,000 calories (2000 is the daily value) so taking in over 34,000 calories in under 12 minutes??? and at the same time the people that rank the top in overall eating contests are not obese as people think.

well while he did lose the hot dog belt, Kobayashi is byfar the man that brought competitive eating to the media. (plus he only lost by 3 hot dogs, so next prepare to see another showdown of greatest!)

[youtube]lyvLapQ9FjU[/youtube]

also another competitive eater Sonya Thomas has eaten 11 pounds of chessecake in 9 minutes, which is roughly 10 percent of her own body weight.

http://www.majorleagueeating.com/index. ... view&id=18
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

joey chestnut looks like the embodiment of the american dream. He looks like that kid in any movie or tv show that like "when i grow up, i can do it!"
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Thats the starngest thing I ve ever seen. He was actually training.
I mean, cmon, you call that a sport?
The next thing we will hear about is that keyboard typing has been legalized as a sport.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

they have competitions to stack cups and 50k prizes for the fastest text messager...so typing isn't that farfetched of an idea
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Actually food eating competitions were huge in Japan for a while, until some kid ate too much and died trying to be like the pros (So I'm told). I don't know if they were banned or voluntarily taken off the air for a few years but televised competitions are starting to come back. Natsuko Sone is also pretty popular. Food shows in general are just absurdly popular in Japan.

I read an article about how Kobayashi trains for his competitions. He'll eat a lot of dried seaweed and then drink water to expand the seaweed and stretch out his stomach. These guys are for real!

I also read about video game pros... a lot of them were champion athletes before making the switch. Their training is pretty intense too, it doesn't sound very enjoyable (According to Fatal1ty once you start doing it for a job, it ceases to be fun.)
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i have actually been a fan of the competitive eating compititions for a while. i do think in many ways its the most terrivle thing to have these contests while people are starving and dying all over the place. but then i just find myself really amused while staring at the TV and watching kobayashi eat all those hot dogs. there have been numerous interviews with him. bascially, his stomach is irregularly low, and thus it isnt as held back from the other organs to expand. he gets it from his father. due to the massive training, he has learned to use it as a tool to eat tons of food. you can find pictures of his huge stomach after the hot dog eating contest. but in about a half a day, it goes back to the abbs.

i was watching an eating contest here in japan without kobayashi but it did have that other japanese guy, akira something i think and the skinny japanese girl and some other japanese people. there was a yakitori contest and a..its this shrimp that is stuffed with this stuff and then fried...i forget the name but each plate had 3 of each. thus, 1-3 yakitori sticks/shrimp things. it was crazy! there was a super cutesey girl who lost but she ate so much! and she was tiny. i dont think she worked out at all...

i just get hungry when i see those. still, i am always up for news on the eating competitions. i think mtv did a true life show on competitive eating that isnt so bad if anyone wants to find it and check it out.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Alright! Fuck you, Kobayashi!
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i want to have a mustard belt...i just like saying it. "mustard belt". hehehehe...i wonder if i could steal it now that its in america..shit. now im over here. AGHHH!!!!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

30 hot dogs with buns is about 17,000 calories, so over 60 is taking in 34,000 calories is less than 12 mintues, talk about putting on weight.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

They probably shit like crazy.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

The Japanese have had Sumo wrestlers for centuries, and they have had to eat tons and tons to maintain that girth through all of the training that they do. So, it makes sense why food competitions are crazy in Japan. I still think the fastest eating competitions are gross though. But, I do win this one at my family reunions where we have to try and stuff as many marshmallows as we can in our mouth :P. I don't end up eating most of them though :roll:
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

The Herald wrote:The Japanese have had Sumo wrestlers for centuries, and they have had to eat tons and tons to maintain that girth through all of the training that they do. So, it makes sense why food competitions are crazy in Japan. I still think the fastest eating competitions are gross though. But, I do win this one at my family reunions where we have to try and stuff as many marshmallows as we can in our mouth :P. I don't end up eating most of them though :roll:
What? People eat them? You should have regurgitated marshmallow sculpture contests afterwards, a la Blue Man Group. 8)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:

But however, all those competitive eaters arent fat at all...

Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

That's Japanese competitve eating. They eat billions of calories a day and the rest of the day they work out. If only these guys were into Karate or something, then they'd be cool.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

They probably smoke before.

Also i dont care if this guy has a six pack. He will probably die young with all that extreme food intake.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Amazing Amanda
notanewb

Post by Amazing Amanda »

Hot Dogs are gross.
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Amazing Amanda wrote:Hot Dogs are gross.
Well, so are rats and bugs but we eat them everyday in our TV dinners anyway.
Amazing Amanda
notanewb

Post by Amazing Amanda »

Tonbo wrote:
Amazing Amanda wrote:Hot Dogs are gross.
Well, so are rats and bugs but we eat them everyday in our TV dinners anyway.
Unless you're like me and don't eat TV dinners.