Berserk Screenplay in the Works

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk Screenplay in the Works

Post by The Herald »

Nah, she's waaaaaaaaaaay too old. Casca is like 17 in the manga. Maybe a newcomer would be best. But I agree that a black actress would work for Casca. Angelina Jolie would have to play Slan, hands down. Then Ian McKellan as Void, Nathan Lane as Ubik, and ... (canadian indi pride here) Scott McNeil would be good for the last one, the big pink one. If only he weren't too old Dennis Leary would make a good Corcus. Hey, wait a minute, he could be Gamibino!
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

lol

this is not going to be made for at least 3 yrs.
For one, there is a big populace of people who are dearly devoted to the manga and cannot stand movies based on them, that completely fck the story to god knows hell and back again. Then again look what Paul W Anderson did to the Resident Evil Saga, and the First Aliens Vs Predator movie. God damn it.
I honestly hope they dont make a live action of this. I will not mind a 2 hr episode every 6 months like hellsing though... thats cool
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Who's that director that keeps on making game to movie adaptations....like BloodReign 1&2 and House of the Dead?

Something like Hughe Bowe....he's great! And would do Berserk justice.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

WTF Dude... Uwe Boll is one of the worst directors in history. He destroyed almost every franchise he laid his hands on.
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Dude, you fail.
It's impossible to put "Uwe Boll" and "great" in the same sentence.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Some interesting info....

http://www.destructoid.com/postal-the-m ... 0943.phtml

Bowe = Class Act

See links at the bottom....very refined taste. Maybe his movies are just too intellectual for the masses to appreciate. Timing is everything, with the tragedy (publicity) down in Omaha, with a movie like postal on the horizon....Bowe has a winner on his hands.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

The Prince wrote:Some interesting info....

Bowe = Class Act

See links at the bottom....very refined taste. Maybe his movies are just too intellectual for the masses to appreciate. Timing is everything, with the tragedy (publicity) down in Omaha, with a movie like postal on the horizon....Bowe has a winner on his hands.
LMAO.

You should go out more often and see more movies.
Really? Uwe Boll? Intelectual? Don't tell me that Roland Emerich is another of your favorite directors?
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

Director-Uwe Boll

Griffith-Hayden Christensen
Guts-Nicholas Cage
Caska-Queen latifah

greatest movie ever!
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

And the morale of the story today is, don't feed the trolls.

"Sink, suffer, self destruct. Rise, stronger, reconstruct." - Lamb of God
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:Some interesting info....

Bowe = Class Act

LOL I don't have to read that link. First its Uwe Boll, not Bowe. Second he is one of THE worst directors on earth. Have you actually seen one of his movies? Swords of the Kings, Alone in the Dark, etc. all together gross. You cannot discuss the awefulness that is Uwe Boll. And if you mention intellectual with movies of Boll in the same sentance, that just means you are trolling or just plain dumb.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Wikipedia wrote:Boll's movies have been critically panned. As of November 6, 2007, all three of Boll's video game adaptations appeared on the Internet Movie Database's Bottom 100 films list. In a review of Alone in the Dark, Rob Vaux states that the movie should make all other "bad" movie directors feel better in comparison: "It's okay," they'll tell themselves, "I didn't make Alone in the Dark." Another reviewer wrote that Alone in the Dark, was "so poorly built, so horribly acted and so sloppily stitched together that it's not even at the straight-to-DVD level."

When rumors surfaced that Boll had expressed interest in a Metal Gear Solid movie, and claimed to have been given a script to read, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima responded in his audioblog HIDECHAN, "Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."

Blair Erickson, a writer of a treatment for Alone in the Dark, has written a critical account of his experience working with Boll, in which Erickson alleges that Boll stole ideas from prior movies and wanted to add elements to the story that were not true to the tone of the source material. Uwe chose to not use Erickson's script, citing reasons such as it having "not enough car chases."

Boll blames the poor commercial performance of his video game adaptations on his distribution company, Romar, and has filed a lawsuit against them.
Uwe Boll is the Antichrist of the 7th art.

He corrupts everything he touches. Have you ever heard of King Midas?
Once upon a time, there was a greedy king that one day, after meeting a fairy, was granted any wish he wanted.
He asked for the ability to turn everything he touched in pure gold. Eventually he turned everyone he loved in gold and was left alone, surrounded by golden statues.

A long time ago, when the cinematic industry was young and the fans were innocent, Uwe Boll did the same pact, except that instead of a fairy it was the devil who granted him a wish, and everything he touches is turned in dog shit, not gold.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

It wasn't a fairy, I think it was a River God. Midas was Greek mythology, and they didn't have fairies. Anyways, Uwe Boll should die. Blood Reign was horrible beyond belief. Usually I like video game movies. Usually they're like DOOM, stupid two stars that are still fun to watch. But Boll man, that's gotta be like a -1 star there. His movies are so bad that they make the video games they're adapted from bad and not worth playing.

Though, I actually do like Roland Emmerich. He did great on Stargate and Independence Day. But he's better directing movies he's written, not adapted. Though, the new Godzilla wasn't half bad. I thought it deserved way more than the credits gave it. But for Emmerich movies you have to like that whole campy atmosphere, like the old Superman movies.

As for the Berserk screenplay, I think Miura's smart enough not to let them hire a guy like Uwe Boll. But Joss Whedon might be interesting. Though, again, he's like Emmerich, and Lucas, who are better with their own stories, not someone elses. Hmm, this is a very hard decision indeed.
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

To me Emerich falls in the same hole that Boll, although he doesn't do do vg adaptations.
Stargate was cool, but ID-4 and Godzilla didn't work to me. ID-4 was shallow in terms of narrative and Godzilla didn't do any justice to the iconic monster movie.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Maybe in the 50s the first Gojira was cool, but it was fucked to shit with all of the ones that came after it. At least Emmerich's Godzilla kept the story simple and to the essence.

Independence Day is a wierd one, like DBZ either you hate it or love it, and I loved it.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

As much pride, and time it takes Muira to release a single chapter, due to his ocd like style. I doubt anyone would touch his baby without them complying with his standards on every step, much like the 300 movie adaptation. I honestly don't think we have anything to fear from it. The Anime kicked ass, even if it was clipped up, a movie would be as well.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.