Better living through magical thinking

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Re: Better living through magical thinking

Post by MrFelony »

Perry Bible Fellowship is the shit. and do you mean incoherent Rolos? and I meant one hole because it involved a donut, not many ;). and in all honestly, i don't think i'm the only one who doesn't find the "praying" joke funny :?

and also my assumption is that buzz is pretty religious because he seems to know his shit when it comes to Islam so my guess is that he wouldnt find a joke that knocks religion that funny, just how i dont really find it that funny either (since it comes off with a condescending tone towards those who do believe in a God). Have you even gone to the politics and current events forum? the comic series you last quoted sparked a 4 page debate about religion haha.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yup, and I'm pretty much in the same boat as Buz and Felony on this one. Honestly I get tired of all the God hating on the internet. Not everyone who believes in a creator is as stupid as most of the dumb close-minded Christians. Yeah, you should question everything, and always be open to the fact that what you may think is truth, could easily be wrong, but there's nothing wrong with believing in something. It's not my job to "prove" anything to anyone. That's one of man's personal journeys anyway.

Anyway, give it time Rolos. I know you just recently hit that amazing milestone of 100 posts, but you're still about 100 years too early. :P
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Wait.

This thread is about religion?

I liked it more when it was about pounding Jessica Alba in the ass.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Jessica Alba isnt doing it for me as much anymore....

YEA RIGHT!!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

wait...you're religion isnt about doing jessica alba in the ass femto? :P
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Femto wrote:Wait.

Right, so back on topic. It's not enough to just fantasize about Alba's juicy bunghole late at night with a bottle of JD and a tube of KY. You have to fantasize about BEING the guy who plugs her poop pipe. You ARE Jessica Alba's butt pirate.

Imagine how you would walk differently, talk differently, dress differently, smell differently knowing that the moment you got home from work Jessica Alba would be there waiting to rip off her panties and coat your eager cock with her love fudge.

I'm sure at the very least you would have a little more confidence and it would be a lot easier to chat up the ladies.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Tonbo wrote:
Femto wrote:Wait.

Right, so back on topic. It's not enough to just fantasize about Alba's juicy bunghole late at night with a bottle of JD and a tube of KY. You have to fantasize about BEING the guy who plugs her poop pipe. You ARE Jessica Alba's butt pirate.

Imagine how you would walk differently, talk differently, dress differently, smell differently knowing that the moment you got home from work Jessica Alba would be there waiting to rip off her panties and coat your eager cock with her love fudge.

I'm sure at the very least you would have a little more confidence and it would be a lot easier to chat up the ladies.
But if I'm already banging Jessica Alba in the ass (or at least believe that I am), why would I care to talk to any other woman? Wouldn't it be counterproductive to enjoy the fruits of your labor when no labor has been done?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

War Machine wrote: But if I'm already banging Jessica Alba in the ass (or at least believe that I am), why would I care to talk to any other woman?
1) The forbidden fruit once tasted, loses its foreboding. The forbidden unsampled apple is always the most delish.
2) Because it is a sickness of women to like men who are popular with women.
3) Because point 2 makes point 1 possible. Again and again.
War Machine wrote: Wouldn't it be counterproductive to enjoy the fruits of your labor when no labor has been done?
Counterproductive? Exactly the opposite, mon frère. You are being magically productive, for you are enjoying feasting on forbidden ass fruit without any labor at all. It is something once thought strictly the domain of consciousness expanding hippies, pyschotically deluded schizophrenics, and A-list Hollywood movie producers.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Deep Thoughts......By Jack Handy.

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Yup, and I'm pretty much in the same boat as Buz and Felony on this one. Honestly I get tired of all the God hating on the internet. Not everyone who believes in a creator is as stupid as most of the dumb close-minded Christians. Yeah, you should question everything, and always be open to the fact that what you may think is truth, could easily be wrong, but there's nothing wrong with believing in something. It's not my job to "prove" anything to anyone. That's one of man's personal journeys anyway.

Anyway, give it time Rolos. I know you just recently hit that amazing milestone of 100 posts, but you're still about 100 years too early. :P
Preach on brotha!.....Rolos pay heed!

Love how you can claim being "tired of all the God hating on the internet", as if to defend people's faith. Yet in the very next sentence go on to characterize "most" Christians as stupid, dumb(not just stupid)) and close-minded.

This thread is a treasure trove of pure unadulterated wisdom.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

If you were more intelligent, you would be able to see the difference between me disliking religious people who make the rest of us with faith look bad, with their close-minded ways and pushiness that only drives non-believers away, and getting tired of hearing people dis on God. I'm not saying that all Christians or religious people are that way, it's just the ones that ARE stupid about it, that get on my nerves. I suppose I can see how you might have misunderstood what I meant. There's a definite difference between having beef with organized religion and just hating on God in general, think about it. Whether people realize it or not, God and religion are not synonymous.

Anyway, you're in the same boat with Rolos. You're way too early to step to me. :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

We havent had really good new members in a while.

No respect I tells ya. No respect.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

WTF people? How did this degenerate from a cultured discussion of Jessica Alba's ass to something absurd like religion?

Now I'll admit that Christians are pretty stupid and that non-Christians are pretty stupid. It's a very pretty world we live in.

However, I will not let my keyboard sit idly by and allow vicious ad hominem attacks for posting stupid things. The internet runs on stupidity. Need we return to posting about the great sucking vacuu on these forums? No one here is stupid or posting stuporously stupid stuff. All new members are well loved and cherished in my eye.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Uh-huh...

Heh, I love how you say that like you're NOT a relatively new member. :P
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Starnum wrote:Uh-huh...

Are we measuring that stuff based on time durations or number of posts... and if it is by posts, are we counting all the posts made by the individual or just the meaningful and intelligent ones?
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Starnum wrote:Heh, I love how you say that like you're NOT a relatively new member. :P
You liked that too =D. I was considering appending "especially myself" when I originally typed up the well loved line, but decided implied narcissism had more literary elan.

Anyway, it brings up a good point because loving yourself was a central theme in these books. You can't consistently give love if you're not full to overflowing from love for yourself, and your relationships suffer for it. Whenever people freak out or hurl insults, it implies a deep seated hatred for oneself. The Ego is fragile.

Hmm... I would add something personal but I have to run.
Last edited by Tonbo on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Tonbo wrote:The internet runs on stupidity.
Internet runs on TCP/IP, tubes (hehe), and people willing to shell out money because they want to help others. Case and point, this site/forums.

The social constructs that arise from this 'free lunch' can breed some pretty 'stupid' things, like entitlement. I put forth that the Internet doesn't run on stupidity, the LCD of humanity brought their pre-existing stupidity to the Internet.
Tonbo wrote:All new members are well loved and cherished in my eye.

:smoken:

To a point, I remain neutral on this till someone pisses me off.

Then I contact their ISP (and if I can locate their phone number, their folks) to let them know their little angel is wanking off to Donovan raping little boys.

Frankly, there are just some people you (and I) don't want in here.
Tonbo wrote:Anyway, it brings up a good point because loving yourself was a central theme in these books. You can't consistently give love if your not full to overflowing from love for yourself, and your relationships suffer for it. Whenever people freak out or hurl insults, it implies a deep seated hatred for oneself. The Ego is fragile.
I had to bold and italicize for emphasis. All I'm willing to say at this point in my life is that this is true. I wouldn't say that it implies a deep seated hatred for oneself, as there are other things to consider. One can only give but so much before it becomes destructive (to you and yours), as it takes two for a relationship to work.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

MsNomer wrote:

Are we measuring that stuff based on time durations or number of posts... and if it is by posts, are we counting all the posts made by the individual or just the meaningful and intelligent ones?
Don't worry. I'll tell you when your not a newbie anymore.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

MsNomer wrote:Are we measuring that stuff based on time durations or number of posts... and if it is by posts, are we counting all the posts made by the individual or just the meaningful and intelligent ones?
How long you've been here, of course. Ask any of the veterans around here, and they'll tell you that post count doesn't matter. Of course, it's totally possible to have been here since the board's inception and still be a n00b, I suppose. So it's definitely a matter of what you post too. ;)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Starnum wrote:
MsNomer wrote:Are we measuring that stuff based on time durations or number of posts... and if it is by posts, are we counting all the posts made by the individual or just the meaningful and intelligent ones?
How long you've been here, of course. Ask any of the veterans around here, and they'll tell you that post count doesn't matter. Of course, it's totally possible to have been here since the board's inception and still be a n00b, I suppose. So it's definitely a matter of what you post too. ;)
That would be me... :ssh:
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Haha, I still feel like one of the new guys...
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thats cause you are. :)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi is a cunt.

You heard it here first, folks.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I think therefore I am.
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Buzkashi wrote:
MsNomer wrote:

Don't worry. I'll tell you when your not a newbie anymore.
And I'll let YOU know when you finally produce a grammatically correct sentence with no spelling errors. :)
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'll let you know when you're attempt at a witty quip succeeds.