Wild Fire

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Wild Fire

Post by Buzkashi »

So its day 3 of the wild fires I believe. I've lost track of the days because of all the lack of sleep I'm getting.

It sucks because I had to evacuate all suddenly, I didnt get the chance to bring clothes or toiletres. Suuper n00b mistake. I was pretty much grabbing all the important files my dad needed and all the computers while my mom got pictures/ other sentimentals..etc.

My house got really close to the fire but thankfully its fine. I still havent been able to go home tho. I'm not sure people understand the devastation caused by the fires. San Diego was on fire!! That shits crazy. And all i have been able to smell is ash for half a week.

But yea I saw no thread so I made it. Peace and good wishes to all those others affected.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Wild Fire

Post by War Machine »

My uncle got evacuated, but they just said he could return yesterday. Even though I don't live there I do live very close and Sunday through Tuesday were pretty bad, I couldn't leave the house with all the smoke and ashes in the air. Glad to hear your house is fine, that fire has been going on forever, but at least it's been slowing down since the dry winds stopped blowing.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It's all over the news, the devils breath is all over Cali. Hope you all are safe out there.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

That's some intense shit. Hope you and everyone else remain safe.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

my apartment pool is brown...

and the AC in my car blows ash (yes its like in the mid 80s here).

but school is still open.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

halfnhalf wrote:my apartment pool is brown...

and the AC in my car blows ash (yes its like in the mid 80s here).

but school is still open.

Funny, mine blows ash too... however, it is a Volkswagen. :P *ducks*
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea my school is out all week. Which isnt a good thing because I had alot of work due.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Here at the UNiversity of California Irvine, we pride ourselves in being over achievers. Meaning we still have fucking class, and having class means taking midterms. Fires in Cali= UCI still making me still take 2 midterms this week...

btw Buz, what school you at now? Mesa? SDSU?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

San Marcos. One of the fires started at my school. Thats why we dont have school. It nearly got burned down!!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

San Marcos... where is that? north side by mission bay or south?
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i saw a glimpe of it on the news here but they didnt really go into detail about what the hell was happening so i had to go look it up. its terrible what happened, im glad you guys are alright!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

halfnhalf wrote:San Marcos... where is that? north side by mission bay or south?
Its north. Up there by ocean side. Right before Pedelton.