Prediction of Gut's New Allies

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I know, but my point is that Guts loves Casca more then he wants revenge. So he would not sacrifice her. If you notice the way the apostles are all born is because something will happen to make them want something more, and it normally involves them being betrayed or having feelings of betrayal from the one they sacrifice, so what they essentially do is make you want revenge against the one you love the most, and therefore sacrifice them to get your revenge, as well as get the power you want or you lost because of that person.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well thats whay im saying.. People are saying that after/ if casca is cured that Gutts will form a crew to take Grifith on. But all Gutts wants to do is (even if he doesnt cure casca) is to settle down with casca. Im not sure where but im pretty sure Gutts says " let him have his kingdom" as he was referring to Griffith. And i cant believe we're talking about Gutts sacrificing someone to use a behelit or become an apostle. GOD HAVE MERCY ON ME.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah but for him to settle down happily with Casca he needs to first kill griffith and the rest of the God Hand, otherwise they will never be safe. So revenge is important. Also I don't know if Guts can settle down. I doubt he could live a quiet little life on a farm of in a village. I think he needs to be a mercenary. Its the only thing he knows and the only thing I think he can enjoy besides Casca.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thats the point hes already decided that Casca is more important than any thing else.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
panic
imanewbie

Post by panic »

Could be that Casca is most important to him, but his main goal is Griffith and this are two different things. He'll never forgive Griffith for what he did to the Hawks, and Casca too, not including Gutts himself. I mean that from my point of view Casca and revenge are equally important to him, more or less.

And I'm not quite sure if he'd settle down happily, with Casca, and end his life peacefully. It doesn't matches Berserk quite well or it just don't work for me. I think he'd rather die after he kills Griffith or something like that, it would be quite dramatic ending though, but i guess it would match the story better.
"..man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant land beyond his dreams."
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

His main goal is to protect Casca. After he goes and rescues her after teh 2 years of absense he realized that he really wants to protect her more than anything else. The thing is that by killing Griffith and the rest of the God Hand he can help protect her more. But she is his primary goal now. Not Griffith , not anything else. His goal is to protect her. Everythign else is just to help with that job.
Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

I am sure he would want to be with caska, but you know he will never let go of the deaths of his friends. He will fight and he will kill Griffith. Guts will not stop until he is dead. Even if he wanted to start over with caska he couldn't, caska and him are branded as a sacrifice to Griffith/Femto. For the rest of there lifes they would be taunted by demons. The only way to get out of the brand as I see it, is to Kill Griffith and by doing so free him and caska of there bond to him. Then maybe he could live his life with her, but still the man has been fighting in bloody battles since he was a young teen, he said it himself, he is attracted to battle "to the sparks two swords make when they clash in battle". I think the ending would most likely be like Cowboy bebop with Griffiths death, than Guts dies from a fatal wound shortly after. I cant see how guts could live a peaceful life
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Seriously we need to stop this convo about the behelit and sacrifices. This is stupid.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Concealed_Rage, that is a longer version of what I said, more or less. So I agree with Buz on this one. This is stupid. We are going around in circles and getting nowhere.
Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

Yeap.
So who's with me that Muira is gonna just invent new characters?

I wouldn't mind a couple of human characters that are just as cool as Griffith's crew.
I liked that Giant, and the Lancer is alright.
But the archer is pimp above all. I wanna see his Apostle form.
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I know who's going to join! Those guys from Wind Cloud (my avatar and sig)! And also those guys from Beck! I'll post a pic of that when I have time. Yeah, when I have time. ;)

Thing is, Muira kinda made some intentions that Azan would join eventually. I'm not sure what's up with that, since we haven't seen him for a while. Farnese and Serpico are going to rejoin the party once the 'scam' has been uncovered. :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

what about Farnese's family??
maybe Guts can convince them (with his sword of course) to let her go and then they would join him. not all of them but at least one or two of the brothers. unlikely?? yes but it would be cool wouldn't it?
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

OK, I'll be devil's advocate on this one:

Berserk has enough characters, we don't need any more. BLEH!!! :roll:
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

We need more charachers that strong as hell and cool at the same time. I mean Guts cant defeat Griffith and his band by himself.

After he dumps Casca in elfhiem he should look after people who are near his streangt so they can help him to beat Griffith and his band.
Last edited by Libaax on Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Dumps Caska? :? why would he do that? I'm pretty sure he made the decision to protect her until the "end" (whenever that may be).
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I meant when he dumps her in elfhiem. He cant go fighting apostles and God hands and protect her at the same time.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

If the Elven King can regain Caska's mental condition I dont think she will stay in Elfhell...
She probably will go with Gatsu.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hmm...I'm not too sure if Casca wants her memory back :? SK mentioned before that 'what she wants might not be what you want', and in my mind it'd referred to a number of things, and one of them was her memory. Since she had been ultimately fucked by all sorts of creatures in the eclipse, maybe she doesn't want to regain her memory, if it meant remembering that fragment.

Or maybe when the Elven King is in the process of helping her regain her memory, that specific memory came into mind, and she attempts repress it. I don't know, somehow I feel that Muira won't be planning to give her back her memory or her sanity until the VERY end.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

She may not want revenge. I think she would want her and Guts to try to find someplace peaceful to live and settle down their. I really don't think she wants to get up and fight. The reason she shut off her memory in the first place, was so she could hide from it.
Or maybe when the Elven King is in the process of helping her regain her memory, that specific memory came into mind, and she attempts repress it. I don't know, somehow I feel that Muira won't be planning to give her back her memory or her sanity until the VERY end.
Missed this when I first posted so commenting now. I feel the same was as Eldo here. She may get her memory back, but if she does, I still don't think it will be all happy between her and Guts. I think that it won't be til the end of the story that they can be together happily again.
Last edited by Arresty on Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:The reason she shut off her memory in the first place, was so she could hide from it.
And that may be the same reason to why she doesn't want to regain it. :wink:

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Even if she gets her memory back she cant do a lot to help Guts fight the apostles so i hope he leaves her somewhere.

I just cant see Guts and his current crew fighting against Griffith and his band.

Also did all those monsters rape her,i thought only femto raped her.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think only Femto, but if he was any slower then they all would have. They were about to. They did rip her close off, and had their tentacles all over her. Can't be the nicest feeling. But I think only Femto fucked her.

I also think they need more powerful people to take on the neo Band of the Hawk. Also think Casca could be of great use to him if she regained her memory, and strength. I believe then she would be a powerful ally to have. If she wanted to fight with him.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

She was okay against the normal soldier that Guts killed easy way back so i dont think she would be any help against the apostles but she might want to see Griffith die for herself if so then she will always be around. Which is a shame,would be cool if Guts traveled around looking for strong people.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

But its not like there is just a country out there full of great fighters. plus remember the 2 of them are both in between the realms (whatever SK called it). That alone puts her one up on any other human being.

I see her only remembering pre eclipse. :?
"Context is for Kings"
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Heh, this topic was started by caktus...