Currently Watching?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Re: Currently Watching?

Post by Tonbo »

Heh, thanks for the tip about Tengen. I'm not into Mecha shows so I wasn't expecting much, but it's kinda refreshing. Very interesting stylized art and a frenetic pace that keeps your attention. And yes, that girl is hot.

The last Shippuuden episode was awesome, even though I'm sick off the excessive exposition that gives away the ending in the first five minutes. "There's only one vial of antidote left, you hold onto it obachan..." You know what has to happen, but it was still cool to see.

I also read this week was the last filler episode for Bleach... gah, that's why it's been so mind numbingly boring. I tried to skip such things. I managed to avoid the buntu arc in Bleach and the entire anime only arc in Naruto, but got tricked into watching the last two Bleach episodes thinking the real story line had started up again... you bastards!

Eclipse releases Claymore tomorrow!!! This is going to rock!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LordMune wrote:
Starnum wrote:
LordMune wrote:Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is without a doubt the best show of the 21st century.
Care to elaborate on that? What's it about, and why is it so good?
Some internal Gainax circlejerking, some burning passion the likes of which haven't been seen since the '80s, and a story that not only dares to be epic but pulls it off with panache. Watch it, you'll thank me for telling you to. :)
Sounds like good times. I'll check it out. ;)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

With SnM being a bit boring at times, and Claymore fucking up the last two eps, that leaves Darker than Black as the best show of 2007 for me. It's just got perfect mood. The stories aren't even that great, but the mood is wonderful.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Brainpiercing wrote:With SnM being a bit boring at times, and Claymore fucking up the last two eps, that leaves Darker than Black as the best show of 2007 for me. It's just got perfect mood. The stories aren't even that great, but the mood is wonderful.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Brainpiercing wrote:With SnM being a bit boring at times, and Claymore fucking up the last two eps, that leaves Darker than Black as the best show of 2007 for me. It's just got perfect mood. The stories aren't even that great, but the mood is wonderful.
SnM? Is that Seikai no Monshō? (never seen it... just what google turned up for SnM). I'm downloading darker than black now to check it out. Thanks for the heads up. If you like a cute mix of horror and comedy my gf found Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge while looking for JDorama to watch. She's not really into anime but we both like this one.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

SnM=Serei no Moribito.

I'm getting eps 1-5 of Tengen right now, will check it out. A lot of the torrents are down, tough.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Picked up Tengen Toppa Guren-Lagann again and I dont know why I dropped it at first :P
The anime really takes some twists and turns here and there :) I like it :)
After episode 17 its really great :)

Darker then black and Kaze No Stigma is two other animes Ive began to follow.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Hmm, guess I'll have to check out Kaze no stigma too. Brainpiercing, I kind of see what you mean about the mood in Darker than black... it kind of reminds me of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in that way, really being able to set a palpable atmosphere of enui... or the creepy end music that would always fade in before the show was over in Black Lagoon, #shudders# II don't know why that comes to mind, maybe just the depressed air of hopelessness. Not to the extent of Boogiepop Phantom but...
Geeze it's late. I'm rambling. Good night!
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Kaze no Stigma is ...... ok. I can't stand how Kazuma is just untouchable. While whats her face is just useless without that sword.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I'm a bit further into TTGL, but somehow it's not as good as the beginning. I hope it gets better again, in later eps. Loeviz are you watching raw or how do you get to ep 17+?

The original (first) ending theme of Darker than Black is probably THE best ending theme I've seen in an anime so far. (I have to say I'm really NOT into the usual anime music.)
Brainpiercing
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

BSS-ANON took over for ORDER in the fan subbing department. They're up to 23 now...
http://lilyphilia.us/bss/
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I just started watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni all I have to say is wtf!! I suggest it to those of you that like effed horror.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ok, so now I've watched Tengen up to 22.

What I like about this show is that is so consequently eludes all logic and also that the guy with the bigger ego always wins. Like it should be, except other shows did this without the funky spiral meter.

What I dislike: Grr, TWO recap eps before even one season is done. Generally too much recap. One teh boring ep 21. Rubber boobs (that are not involved in teh pr0n). Nia.
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I know it's not really anime, but I just watched the Kamen Rider the First movie. If you know what I'm talking about, well done. If you don't, shame on you.

I found it enjoyable. Sure, large loopholes and stupid story, but who the hell cares. Your childhood will not get molested with this movie.

Yes, it's not anime, but I find it a bit fitting to put it here.

To put it in topic, I was watching this anime shit on TV and it had a talking anime train and they were racing. I thought it was shit.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
Claymore
Nagasarete Airantou
Seto no Hanayome
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Darker Then Black

These are just the ones that are ongoing. There are soo many more that i start and finish every day. No point in writting those down.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Just saw Samurai Deeper Kyo, and well the story gets a little twisted towards the end but overall it was an ok anime.
Although I didnt really understand one thing in the end
[spoiler]Was it Kyo that was by the lake in the ned when Yuya came running? Its sounded like Kyo but the apperance (The little you saw) looked like Kyoshiro.[/spoiler]

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

[spoiler]It's been a while since I've seen that, but I was under the impression that they had become one person once again. *shrugs*[/spoiler]
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Starnum wrote:[spoiler]It's been a while since I've seen that, but I was under the impression that they had become one person once again. *shrugs*[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That crossed my mind also, but thought it was a little bit to corny :P
but I think your right.
Thanks a lot :D[/spoiler]

Anyone seen "Overdrive"? Ive seen a few episodes of it, its like any other sports anime :P

Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

All I need in life is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's too fucking manly for most people. Especially after ep 25

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
ImageImage
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

Dio wrote:All I need in life is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's too fucking manly for most people. Especially after ep 25

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Oh crap. Now i really need to see this episode and fast.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

A lot of animes has come to an end now during the fall :P
Kaze No stigma, Claymore. Sonn to be over is Darker than black, Heroic Age, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann :(
Dont know if Major is coming to an end also (for this season that is), hopefully not :)
So the question remains, what series I should look at next, anyone got any suggestions?

Im currently watching;
Kekkaishi
Naruto
Overdrive
Gintama

Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Im gonna spend all the time rewatching Gurren-Lagann over and over. Fuck everything else, seriously
ImageImage
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Loeviz wrote:A lot of animes has come to an end now during the fall :P
Kaze No stigma, Claymore. Sonn to be over is Darker than black, Heroic Age, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann :(
Dont know if Major is coming to an end also (for this season that is), hopefully not :)
So the question remains, what series I should look at next, anyone got any suggestions?
I was thinking the same. There used to be some activity in the "upcoming anime" thread, now that's dead, but still, are any good shows coming up?
Brainpiercing
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Yeah alot of animes that I've watched just ended:

History's strongest Kenichi
Seto no Hanayome (done)
Kaze No Stigma (done)
Over Drive (I heard its done in Japan.)
Major (season 3 is done)
Claymore (done)

I heard they are starting a new Gundam this month or next month. That should suck.

edit: I have Rosario + Vampire to look forward too.
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Grahf wrote:Yeah alot of animes that I've watched just ended:

History's strongest Kenichi
Seto no Hanayome (done)
Kaze No Stigma (done)
Over Drive (I heard its done in Japan.)
Major (season 3 is done)
Claymore (done)

I heard they are starting a new Gundam this month or next month. That should suck.

edit: I have Rosario + Vampire to look forward too.
Is Overdrive already done, boy that was fast :P

Whats the story about Rosario + Vampire then?
I made a quicksearch about it but came up with nothing, Im to tired and lazy to dig any deeper at the moment..