What Themes/Extensions do you use with firefox?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: What Themes/Extensions do you use with firefox?

Post by Buzkashi »

Necro..

Check. I'm trying to find a program or extension that allows me to extract the audio from the video.

For instance removing the audio from a music video.

Any suggestions/ help would be very much appreciated.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Buzkashi wrote:Necro..

Check. I'm trying to find a program or extension that allows me to extract the audio from the video.

For instance removing the audio from a music video.

Any suggestions/ help would be very much appreciated.
You will need a stand-alone application, not a firefox extension. Remember, flash (youtube/googlevideo) isn't video you yet again need a different tool for that too. :P
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

I don't add stuff. I am so emtrenched in "things the way they are" that I have failed to update Firefox even though it's been buggging me to all week. See, it ain't broke... so I feel no overwhelming desire to fix it. The interwebs are not my life. *waits to be burned at the stake*
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Does anyone know of a plugin which allows you to see all the folders on a webspace/sever or anything of the like? I know, that kinda sounds shady asking for, but I'm no hacker or some shit.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Since files and folders within a server are usually private, a program with the ability see the contents of a server would constitute a serious breach in security. If someone writes a program that is able to hack into a sever, other people find a way to block it, so it becomes obsolete very quickly, which is why barely anyone bothers to write them. People usually do it old school by simply browsing the server folder by folder, that is if, and only if, they were able to acquire administrator privileges within that server, which is not an easy task.

To put it simply, you won't find a program like that freely available and much less as a Firefox extension.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Buuhan1 wrote:Does anyone know of a plugin which allows you to see all the folders on a webspace/sever or anything of the like? I know, that kinda sounds shady asking for, but I'm no hacker or some shit.
No, because it doesn't exist because that is not how a webserver works.

You will have better results looking for what you want yourself unless you where an asshole to try to iterate through a dictionary looking for directories (aka folders *must resist flogging with newb-stick*), in which case if the admin is competent will just block your IP address.

For example, I have implemented something that looks for attacks on my server, be it automated scripts looking for stuff or otherwise. They are banned for no less than 1 day.

Use the front door please, I shoot trespassers.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

I was talking about non-chmod'd folders which are free to open. As with sites which store artistic reference in folders but you are not aware of the folders names. It was a stupid question, I'm sorry.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

you could probably write your own script for reading the directory listing then grabbing the files, but you still have the problem of the server listening the files for you, because lets face it... hard to get a directory listing with apache or iis refuses to give you a list in the first place.

A lot of times, automatic directory listings are refused out of hand (good security practice). If your browser can't see it, then you can't see it either.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Re:

Post by Vicissitude »

LordMune wrote:(except for a couple of random ones, an YTMND and SomethingAwful
Do you have stairs in your house? Image

For me, I have the following extensions:

Chatzilla
FireFTP
Long Titles (for webcomics with alternate text. FIrefox cuts it off after too many characters.)
RefControl (to see and save WaffleImages uploads)
SALR (Custom add-in for the Something Awful Forums. Adds a new menu SA to the menu bar so you can jump from forum to forum. Also has other great doodads in it.)
Video Downloader.

that's about it.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Having recently reformatted, I've decided to keep my Extensions to a minimum- at the moment I'm only running Rikaichan (a jap-eng dictionary/kanji lookup tool) and Something Awful Last Read.

I am protected. Image
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

All-in-One Gestures: Mouse Gestures a la Opera, only better. I could not imagine browsing the web without the "rocker" anymore. Rightclick-Leftclick = Back, Leftclick-Rightclick = forward in history.

Del.icio.us: Just a neat plugin to manage bookmarks computer-independent.

FlashGot: for better integration of FlashGet.

GreaseMonkey: Tool to add dynamic javascript to websites. Especially useful for getting rid of ads in GMail, better hotkey navigation in Gmail, etc.