Gundam Anonymous

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, that's okay. Zechs seems like a clone of Char Aznable anyway. :P
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:Yeah most characthers in Wing doesnt want to kill Zechs and Treize are one of the best characthers i have seen in a Gundam. The Zechs copycats in GS and GSD sucks compared to him.
I wouldn't go that far now. :roll:
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hell, from what I've seen so far, Zechs seems like the only level-headed guy in the show so far...

well, I still haven't seen much.

And you've got to love the helmet, he's just so totally Griffith :).
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:
Libaax wrote:Yeah most characthers in Wing doesnt want to kill Zechs and Treize are one of the best characthers i have seen in a Gundam. The Zechs copycats in GS and GSD sucks compared to him.
I wouldn't go that far now. :roll:
About what? i said a couple of things in that post

Brainpiercing :

Hehe i also thought about Griffith when i saw him.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

About them sucking compared to him.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

They do Neo speciely i mean they dont make you feel anything for them,you just dont care about them. While Zechs was a characther that you must care about even if you dont like him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:They do Neo speciely i mean they dont make you feel anything for them,you just dont care about them. While Zechs was a characther that you must care about even if you dont like him.
What are you basing that off of? The fact that they wear mask? They don't even have the same Ideals.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Couldn't say, I haven't seen Seed. Is this mask wearer in Seed a "Bad Guy". You'll notice that so many mask wearers in Gundam series are labeled as such. Heh, I like the masked characters. :P
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

yeah that masked guy was Klueze. he was the ill bad guy,
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Char is still the most popular character out of all the masked ones I believe. Hell the last poll I saw he was the most popular male character in all of Gundam. XD
"Context is for Kings"
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

Brainpiercing wrote: And you've got to love the helmet, he's just so totally Griffith :).
zechs and griffith are totally different... they may have long hair and might seem like the charismatic type but the similairties end there... zechs' hair is straight and griffith's hair is straight, zechs is from AC 179 and griffith is from somewhere in the 1700's or something but thats it

yes indeed .. all this gundam wing talk makes me wanna watch it now

also the thing about gundam is not that there are good guys and bad guys its that NO ONE is either good or bad as youll soon find out later in the series (and if you pay attention to what they say... i didnt so i missed alot)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:
Libaax wrote:They do Neo speciely i mean they dont make you feel anything for them,you just dont care about them. While Zechs was a characther that you must care about even if you dont like him.
What are you basing that off of? The fact that they wear mask? They don't even have the same Ideals.
I'm basing on charachters wise i dont care if they were mask or if they are bad or good but since Neo,Kleuze,Zechs pretty much have the same roles in Wing,Seed,Destiny i just think that Zechs did a better job as "the mask wearer"

The minus for Neo is that you dont know much about him despite 25+eps unlike Zechs and Kleuze who you knew something about after 20+ eps.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:I'm basing on charachters wise i dont care if they were mask or if they are bad or good but since Neo,Kleuze,Zechs pretty much have the same roles in Wing,Seed,Destiny i just think that Zechs did a better job as "the mask wearer"

The minus for Neo is that you dont know much about him despite 25+eps unlike Zechs and Kleuze who you knew something about after 20+ eps.
Well if we are basing that off of those things Char owns them all. :p
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I havent seen what ever Gundam he is in but i have heard so much about him that i should see his gundam sometime.What is it called?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

ALL UC gundam minus Gundam F91.......noob
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Grahf wrote:Well if we are basing that off of those things Char owns them all. :p
Char's kickarse! I can't remember it too well now, since I watched most of my Gundam as a kid (like, when they were first released and screened on TV). I don't think I've seen him take off his glasses or helmut at all...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, I watched a littly more last night. I have to say that the characters of the actual gundam pilots so far are rather poor. They are just displayed as hard-boiled kids who know nothing but fighting and killing. While this may be intentional, showing kids trained to do nothing else but, it still makes Zechs and Treize, and that woman Noin seem like exceptionally well-formed characters in contrast. The girl Relena is also only good for following Heero, she doesn't actually ever show any real character.

Well, I'll have to see whether this will improve in the future.
Brainpiercing
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Eldo wrote:
Grahf wrote:Well if we are basing that off of those things Char owns them all. :p
Char's kickarse! I can't remember it too well now, since I watched most of my Gundam as a kid (like, when they were first released and screened on TV). I don't think I've seen him take off his glasses or helmut at all...
Hate to rain on your parade but:

Man, why am I even here? I've only watched Gundam Wing and G Gundam, liked Wing a lot. I do have this Gundam battle game for PS1 though, and Char is in it, both masked and unmasked, so I knew of the character and that he indeed has been mask and glasses-less
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hmm...thanks for pointing that out. I've seen Char's Counterattack long ago, but I only remember slightly of what it's about though. I just remembered idolising Nu Gundam. I had to watch it unsubbed, since my cousin got it on VHS from Japan. :cry:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah yes, the ever infamous Char. He is indeed a legendary character, and the first Gundam character to ever wear a mask. ;)

“They’re all against me, and taking Char’s side.” – Amuro Ray (Zeta Gundam) :P
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Starnum wrote:Ah yes, the ever infamous Char. He is indeed a legendary character, and the first Gundam character to ever wear a mask. ;)

“They’re all against me, and taking Char’s side.” – Amuro Ray (Zeta Gundam) :P
Indeed Char lives in Infamy. I have to find that link to the popularity poll I saw. Zeta gundam? that was highly ranked in popularity poll as well (favorite Gundam poll).
"Context is for Kings"
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Psi29a's gundam ranking:

(From favorite to least)

Gundam 0079 (Original)
Gundam Zeta (other point of view, very dark, catchy music)
Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (pretty good story, and music)
Gundam Seed: Destiny (good pacing, fun to watch, good music)
Gundam 08th MS Team: Vietnam of gundam battles, good story.
Gundam Seed: (new gundam, lots of eye candy, catchy music)
Gundam Wing: (Different time line, cool plot and cast)
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (moral story about kids growing up in a war)
Gundam ZZ (takes place after Zeta, not as dark, lame OP music)
Gundam Turn A: (Takes almost ALL gundam timelines and puts them into one, very very very distant future, cool story line.)
Gundam X: (after a colony has been dropped on Earth, cool but not great)
Gundam F91: (fun movie)

-- below this line lives the most horrible gundam I've every watched --

Gundam V: (WTF? horrible... absolutly)
Gundam G: (Crap, they fight... thats it)

--
Here is a link to a pretty good timeline description for Gundam:
http://www.dyarstraights.com/msgundam/timeline.html
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I haven't seen some of those Pressurepersquareinch29absolute (sorry I've been meaning to do that. XD )

I thought the emblem of the King of hearts on someone's hand was damn cool. :lol:
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

So damn, Starnum says V is his favourite, and it's the last place for you. Can't you people agree on something? That would save me a lot of downloading :).
Brainpiercing
zokie
Mastered PM

Post by zokie »

i dont have much to utter here as the only gundam i've ever seen is wing, but it is on the other hand one of my favourite animes... so i though i'd just say that...
(and reading this i kinda felt i needed to see some others too..)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
(i just could't resist)