Waiting on Miura is a bitch

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dddd
imanewbie

Waiting on Miura is a bitch

Post by dddd »

This might get me banned but oh well. F U C K Y O U Miura for creating such a great manga and then making us suffer. I'm tired of waiting like a bitch for the next manga to come out years after. I understand he has a life too but I think we fans gave too much dedication which Miura does not deserve. From here on out I'm saying fuck berserk and fuck miura. I'm live my life. Peace
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Miura is a little bitch

Post by tsubaimomo »

Miura is just another person, we shouldn't demand too much of him. Most art takes time, and usually isn't fully appreciated until much later. You might compare him to others who make chapters weekly or monthly, but I say that it's better for Miura to not try to standardize his work, let the man relax, let him do his thing, which has brought us greatness so far... Really, what I mean to say is that if Berserk never had another chapter, I would love it just the same. Also, think about this: Miura has been working on this story for over 20 years - it's his life and will become his legacy - that equals dedication. We the readers must also try to have dedication and patience in order to eventually enjoy the entirety of Berserk.

. . . B U T I F Y O U S A Y F A C K T O M I U R A T H E N I S A Y F A C K T A Y A T O O . . . nah just kiddin
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Do you need tissues?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on the matter. I don't want to compromise the quality of the manga for hasty releases, but does he really need so many long breaks all the time? I don't really know, but the waiting does kind of suck. If it's necessary then so be it, but I can't help but wonder.
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

It likely would not be necessary should Miura decide to work on it like in the olden days, perhaps by revisiting his old art style, or just putting in more time so that he can keep his current style and continually release bi-weekly. However, he seems to get worn out pretty fast with his very detailed style of late, usually retiring after a couple weeks or months, indicating that he would probably get drained out if he kept up a bi-weekly pace with his current detail for too long. I'm glad he understands the extent of his sanity. Of course, it's all really a matter of drive and motivation. I bet if he were to be diagnosed with a fatal disease, he would say "Give me ink and paper, or give me death".

Here's another theory: Miura, being in his mid 40's, has decided he needs an heir to his throne (aka, inheritance of royalties from Berserk). If that's the case, a little note to Miura: you're not gettin' anywhere playing dating sims...

And to dddd: I may not agree with you completely, but it is a rather intense waiting process, so hopefully you'll come back to Berserk in the future, after some volumes have built up. And I'd like to give you thanks for allowing this discussion to be born, although similar things have been said before I'm sure...

Sometimes I think I'll just take a whole year's break from reading Berserk in order to build up a volume or less of chapters, but when you know a chapter is out, resistance is futile.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

It's hard to be angry at Muira simply because he works at his own pace. However over 2009 (unless there's a surprise release before January) he only released 8 chapters of manga. That's one every 6½ weeks.

I know that the amount of detail he puts into his artwork requires it to take a bit longer, but when he talks about how he's really only gotten to the mid-way point of the manga, can we really hope that he lives to be 70 at this point? And when you compare it to how often releases came in the beginning of the manga, that time line could very well double.

I still love Berserk more than any other manga, however I wonder if by the time Muira passes on, and I'm in my 40's, whether or not I'll be just as angry with where it ends up as I was with the anime.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

This will get you banned but oh well. F U C K Y O U dddd for creating such a shitty thread and then making us suffer. I'm tired of hearing people complain like a bitch for the next manga to come out years after. I understand you have no life too but I think you have too much hate which Miura does not deserve. From here on out I'm saying fuck you and go fuck yourself. I'm live my life. Peace

FIXED :lol:
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Miura is the one and only God, and EG is his prophet.
Read his divine gospel, respect his timing, interpret his message and kill something with your bare hands.
Those are his commandments as they are laid down in the sacred Quadratheuc of Berserk.
This thread offends his divine rule and must be cast into oblivion.

Death to all heathens.

*Punches his own extended palm*

PLATÔS!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Title Change

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:This thread offends his divine rule and must be cast into oblivion.
Well, no need to cast it into the Interstice, but I do feel it would be appropriate to at least change the title of the thread a bit.

I would also like to add...

"Fuk you, whale!"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: Waiting on Miura is a bitch

Post by Sandman »

Great thread for a leach like you dddd :evil:

Anything Berserk is worth the wait, manga, DH releases of the American Volumes, new season of anime (not in the works or anything just saying if) , movie... you name it if it has to do with Berserk or Miura it is worth FUCKING waiting for alright, get it, got it good, have a nice day, suck ass leach mother fucker....

Sorry you fucking rub me the wrong way :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

oh im glad others share this sentiment. i'm sick to death of this waiting game with Miura. I've tried to just forget this manga and move on but i always want to know how the story turns out so i come back every month or so hoping that he is doing biweekly releases. I hope he finishes this manga soon

and as of late, no, berserk isn't worth the wait. it has been pure shit for the past year at least, imo
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Wow your opinion sucks.... and how many time do people have to say "it will be worth the wait" for you to believe IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT :evil:

When the story fleshes it self out your jaw will hit the floor and you will weep like a little girl crying "please forgive me I was wrong" :twisted: .... and your pleas will fall on deaf ears because you sir turkey (and other) have lost the faith... may Miura have mercy on your soul.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

dddd wrote:This might get me banned but oh well. F U C K Y O U Miura for creating such a great manga and then making us suffer. I'm tired of waiting like a bitch for the next manga to come out years after. I understand he has a life too but I think we fans gave too much dedication which Miura does not deserve. From here on out I'm saying fuck berserk and fuck miura. I'm live my life. Peace
Ahahahahahaha! This makes me laugh. You're getting angsty over a manga series? Mate, I grew out of these petulant sentiments when I was 10.

It's down to Miura when he wants to continue the Berserk story. Meanwhile I'm keeping myself occupied during the wait. You should too and quit fretting about it.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I'm not pissed at it being so late, I'm just kind of accepting it for what it is. I've enjoyed it so far, but I don't imagine for what it will become. But it is hard to dedicate a lot of energy on a story that won't end. Oh well, what will be will be.

It's also kind of obvious that dddd is just being a troll.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

dddd wrote:This might get me banned but oh well. F U C K Y O U Miura for creating such a great manga and then making us suffer. I'm tired of waiting like a bitch for the next manga to come out years after. I understand he has a life too but I think we fans gave too much dedication which Miura does not deserve. From here on out I'm saying fuck berserk and fuck miura. I'm live my life. Peace
So you've gone from waiting like a bitch to whining like one? Not much of an improvement...

Miura isn't making you suffer. You're choosing to suffer by dwelling on the fact that he has a slow release rate. And what do you mean by giving Miura more dedication than he deserves? I think he's given you more manga than you deserve.

Lastly, "I'm live my life" is improper grammar. Petty, I know, but if you're going to make retarded hate-speech you could at least have the decency to use proper English.
Dokuro no Kishi
imanewbie

Post by Dokuro no Kishi »

You could kill some time learning english while you wait and whine like a little bitch.
DraconianAC
imanewbie

Post by DraconianAC »

Just forget about Berserk for some time. Half a year to a year has been good to me. There is plenty of other Manga, Anime, Video Games, Books, etc. you can look into while you wait. Life is not all about Berserk, just consider everything else a filler while you wait, and you'll soon realize that time will fly by pretty quickly. I don't visit the forums as much anymore. I think it was a year a go I last posted here. Patience is a great virtue after all.

Interesting enough, I'm sure I've posted here before, but it says I haven't. Oh well. Newbie status is fine.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

turkey wrote: and as of late, no, berserk isn't worth the wait. it has been pure shit for the past year at least, imo
Oh you must be the kind of guy who can't stand character development, story progression, and attention to detail. Maybe non-stop action like Bleach might suit you better... where the only character development is shown in the form of flashbacks during the fights.

The wait for me hasn't been so bad because I buy the Dark Horse volumes as they come out. They've done a great job localizing the series and it's one of their best selling mangas.
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

There are other manga out there. Do what I do and go read some of those while you wait.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
UnforgivingGatsu
imanewbie

Post by UnforgivingGatsu »

newbified wrote:It's hard to be angry at Muira simply because he works at his own pace. However over 2009 (unless there's a surprise release before January) he only released 8 chapters of manga. That's one every 6½ weeks.

I know that the amount of detail he puts into his artwork requires it to take a bit longer, but when he talks about how he's really only gotten to the mid-way point of the manga, can we really hope that he lives to be 70 at this point? And when you compare it to how often releases came in the beginning of the manga, that time line could very well double.

I still love Berserk more than any other manga, however I wonder if by the time Muira passes on, and I'm in my 40's, whether or not I'll be just as angry with where it ends up as I was with the anime.

SINGED!!
i can't agree more, you've said it well....
berserk is really specilal manga, and i like it a lot, i read it for a long time and i get used to it's long chapetrs relases, it's good now though, i remeber when i waited for six months for a volume or so....
but really i don't want it to end up in a glintch and muira would be gone, and than possibley somebody else would continue story and that really would sux :? and great berserk would be turne to ruin, and all it's years of making it would be gone in vain, and my fanisam would be turned to waste with so much time passed on for what ?? :)))))
don't get me wrong i like berserk and repect minura but sometimes i too think like a guy in a quote :)
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

DarkenRahlX wrote:
turkey wrote: and as of late, no, berserk isn't worth the wait. it has been pure shit for the past year at least, imo
Oh you must be the kind of guy who can't stand character development, story progression, and attention to detail. Maybe non-stop action like Bleach might suit you better... where the only character development is shown in the form of flashbacks during the fights.

The wait for me hasn't been so bad because I buy the Dark Horse volumes as they come out. They've done a great job localizing the series and it's one of their best selling mangas.
no, the only manga i read anymore is berserk. and nowadays, character development is nearly non existant. I haven't been interested in the characters for a while. sure, the story is progressing, but in all honesty i couldn't give a flying f*** what is going on in the story right now. It's boring. It also has attention to detail, I admit.

All things said, Miura is losing his touch

But it's not worth complaining about I suppose, it had a good run, after all.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

turkey wrote:
DarkenRahlX wrote:

no, the only manga i read anymore is berserk. and nowadays, character development is nearly non existant. I haven't been interested in the characters for a while. sure, the story is progressing, but in all honesty i couldn't give a flying f*** what is going on in the story right now. It's boring. It also has attention to detail, I admit.

All things said, Miura is losing his touch

But it's not worth complaining about I suppose, it had a good run, after all.
Cry some more!
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Lol! You said it, War Machine. :D

If you don't like the series any more turkey, then either drop it or suck it up, but either way quit whining about it.
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

Miura: "Fuck continuing this series. I'm live my life!"
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

thepeaguy wrote:Miura: "Fuck continuing this series. I'm live my life!"
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!