Berserk Fan comic

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

CCS
imanewbie

Berserk Fan comic

Post by CCS »

What's up dudes. So I'm new, but I've been working on a Berserk fan comic portraying the "End" of the series for fun and practice. Here's what I've got so far:
Photobucket shrank my first two pages but you can view them in their normal size here:
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com/art/The-E ... -101102109

Thanks for looking and lemme know what you think! More will come when I have the time.
MY ART (LOTS OF BERSERK FANART) http://ccs1989.deviantart.com
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk Fan comic

Post by The Prince »

OOOhhhhh!

Now that's the ticket!

Though I was hoping to see Guts having taken out Zodd prior to such an epic conclusion!
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

it's a good start, but it needs a lot of work. I like the detail and the blocking and angles are pretty good, but the drawing quality is off. Things look funny, like a bad fanart. If you drew characters you created I can see your stuff being really good, in comic form, but you just don't got the feel down yet for Berserk. I'd like to see more though.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Yeah I don't hold a candle to Miura of course, but over winter break I'll spend a good deal of time on each new page I do and hopefully stop characters from going off-model like Guts did on that latest page. When he's striking at Griffith his face looks bad.
Anyway thanks for the interest!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

CCS wrote:Yeah I don't hold a candle to Miura of course, but over winter break I'll spend a good deal of time on each new page I do and hopefully stop characters from going off-model like Guts did on that latest page. When he's striking at Griffith his face looks bad.
IMO your concept and even art are admirable. I like what you did with the ending as it shows you have a strong grasp of the Berserk lore, regardless of how Miura decides to take things toward its conclusion.

Go look at the beginning Volumes of Berserk and you'll see just how far Miura's art and style have evolved in his vision throughout the years. I'd say you're off to a good start, but it will always be an impossible proposition to capture Miura's vision regardless of your ability. He has spent a lifetime refining his craft on the basis of honing in on a vision that with every chapter continues to evolve toward bringing that vision to light.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Perspective is the hurdle I really have to get over. If I spend enough time I can usually get a person looking the way I want (though I should have spent more time on some of these) but perspective eludes me.
Wild Guardian
imanewbie

Post by Wild Guardian »

Grats, Keep up the work. It's a good thing to train, so then when you use your own characters you have the experience of previous works.

I feel the need to compliment any kind of attitude, because after my years of contact as a fellow artist/designer/writer/whatever/etc most people just keep planning, analizing, criticizing and they never DO anything. (but they are experts, somehow... O_o )

I don't think that you need suggestions in what you want to improve, and what you should leave at it is, do you? You probably already know.

Now I'm going back to my lurker status and back to my work. Never giving up is the best way to getting better and better.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Prince wrote:
CCS wrote:Yeah I don't hold a candle to Miura of course, but over winter break I'll spend a good deal of time on each new page I do and hopefully stop characters from going off-model like Guts did on that latest page. When he's striking at Griffith his face looks bad.
IMO your concept and even art are admirable. I like what you did with the ending as it shows you have a strong grasp of the Berserk lore, regardless of how Miura decides to take things toward its conclusion.

Go look at the beginning Volumes of Berserk and you'll see just how far Miura's art and style have evolved in his vision throughout the years. I'd say you're off to a good start, but it will always be an impossible proposition to capture Miura's vision regardless of your ability. He has spent a lifetime refining his craft on the basis of honing in on a vision that with every chapter continues to evolve toward bringing that vision to light.
The other problem with matching Miura (beyond his expierence, I mean) is that I'm pretty sure he's Obsessive Cumpulsive. When you look at the amazing level of detail in every one of his pictures it's just...unreal. I don't see any way to legitimately expect someone else to match that.

Which isn't to say that your work isn't quite good, CCS, or that you shouldn't keep working at it (and working at improving it; there's always room to improve, no matter how good you get), just that Miura will always remain the master.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I like the fan comic a lot. It looks very nice, and I mean just because Guts has a chunky face at the end doesn't make it any less impressive. Everywhere else, the characters look remarkable!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing this with us!
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Thanks guys! Definitely gonna work on this over winter break. Hopefully can finish at least 15 more pages over that time.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Good God Damn brother. That shit is awesome! Keep up the spectacular creativity and keep expressing yourself and your views about shit through here. ^_^ Fucking awesome dude.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

Hey! Pretty good, man! (Their faces look funny and need improvement, but it's good either way :) ) Keep it going! ;)

PS.: It's not really a usefull comment, but I just had to spit it out.
1- Your nickname is the name (the abreviature, actually - something like Sciences of Health Centre in english) of the building I study in, so it feels kinda weird talking to you :S
2 - Are you in Sk.net or The Black Swordsman forums? I think I've seen that nickname around before... it can be something similar, though (or the spirit of my building teasing me :?)
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Today is cool because of Chapter 300 AND two new pages of this! (okay, so chapter 300 was way better, but anyway...)

Hmm...this forum is cutting off part of page 9. Not too much, but a little. If you right click and click "view image" you can see more of Griffith's hair...
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Hooray! Keep up the good work!
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

So I haven't been updating this topic much because I got a site to put this stuff up on! You can check out pages all the way up to 19 of this fancomic on http://drunkduck.com/Berserk_Final

I'll be putting up Page 20 later today when I finish it.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's cool dude. A personal website is definitely the way to go with a project like this.