Berserk 299 - Inhuman Battleground

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

arke
Beware my tactical spam

Berserk 299 - Inhuman Battleground

Post by arke »

IV drip, err, torrent: [Evil_Genius]Berserk_v34c299.rar
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk 298 - Inhuman Battleground

Post by Starnum »

Here it is! w00t, first post.

I don't care what anyone says, this chapter was awesome. The apostle army is destroying Ganishka's spawn, and it looks amazing.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Nice chapter and much more eventful than the last. What is Sonia going to say? Probably that you should all just put your faith in Griffith or something like that, but it would be interesting if the people don't accept Griffith as their savior any longer.

edit: damn, no Biomega.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I KNEW there was a reason I should stay home tonight and not go out with a bunch of chicks! Thank you!

BTW the chicks came over and we played littlebigplanet so all is good.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

lon3vvolf wrote:I KNEW there was a reason I should stay home tonight and not go out with a bunch of chicks! Thank you!

did they read Berserk?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

DrPepperPro wrote:
lon3vvolf wrote:I KNEW there was a reason I should stay home tonight and not go out with a bunch of chicks! Thank you!

did they read Berserk?
Unfortunately no. But I wouldn't want the newest issue to be tainted by their eyes.

They did however love the picture of Gats and Caska which was colored by you I think. The one with Caska sort of hugging Gats from behind.
GreatEclipse
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 299 - Inhuman Battleground

Post by GreatEclipse »

Having lurked here for the past year, I fell obliged to thank you for putting out such high quality scans in such a timely manner. This chapter was the shit!
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Sonia will be able to sway the common folk easily, but it will be interesting to see who doesn't buy into it.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Damn, my computer is getting fixed right now, so I can't get the direct download going (I'm writing from the PS3).
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Nakadai
imanewbie

Post by Nakadai »

Thanks!!!

What a most welcomed surprised this was. :D I think it's safe to say Sonia shouted stupid in disgust, as her fellow humans sat there helplessly cowering and judging the Hawk and his minions in fear.
Infini-Tropolis.com
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Sonia will obviously convince the crowd that Griffith´s demons are fighting for them and that they´re probably angels or something.

This is all Griffith´s plan, that´s why he let Sonia with the crowd.

What will happen to the people who won´t be convinced though?

Edit: Spot the apostle!

I´ve seen the one who was going to spike-rape Casca and the one who ate Guts arm.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Man, I can barely even process that. All of Griffith's demons are smooshed in with the Ganishka demons and my eyes not being able to discern it is giving me a headache. Anyways, it's still amazing! I think that Sonia isn't yelling at everyone, but her head is just yelling out really loudly (like, in people's heads, if that makes any sense) and hitting everyone and she's not saying that they're stupid, but that Griffith is stupid. She does love Griffith and feels she knows him better than anyone.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Wow!! This is amazing!

Thanks so much (as always) for the great job, EG.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote:Man, I can barely even process that. All of Griffith's demons are smooshed in with the Ganishka demons and my eyes not being able to discern it is giving me a headache. Anyways, it's still amazing! I think that Sonia isn't yelling at everyone, but her head is just yelling out really loudly (like, in people's heads, if that makes any sense) and hitting everyone and she's not saying that they're stupid, but that Griffith is stupid. She does love Griffith and feels she knows him better than anyone.
Yeah, the fact that it was telepathic was obvious. I think she's chastising the crowd for questioning Griffith. She's clearly totally enamored with him. It's as simple as that.
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

Thanks x).
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:
The Herald wrote:Man, I can barely even process that. All of Griffith's demons are smooshed in with the Ganishka demons and my eyes not being able to discern it is giving me a headache. Anyways, it's still amazing! I think that Sonia isn't yelling at everyone, but her head is just yelling out really loudly (like, in people's heads, if that makes any sense) and hitting everyone and she's not saying that they're stupid, but that Griffith is stupid. She does love Griffith and feels she knows him better than anyone.
Yeah, the fact that it was telepathic was obvious. I think she's chastising the crowd for questioning Griffith. She's clearly totally enamored with him. It's as simple as that.
Herald = Stupid
Arcandus wrote:Thanks x).
Hey....you're AV reminds me of one of the apostles in the last chapter.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

This was a better chapter of berserk then what's been being released in a long time, their was little dialog and pretty much all we see is pwnage, works for me.

And another chapter on the 28? Swoosh jump shot! Hope it's not the 28 of next year :shock:
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Thanks again for scanlating another excellent chapter.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Finally got hold of a computer.

Berserk - Chapter 299 Direct Download:

http://warmachine.hopto.org/Evil_Genius ... 34c299.rar
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thanks EG for another phantasmagoric release!!!
Now, I am shocked to see the way the human contingency of the Hawk's band reacted.
But I am very excited for the next release.
I wonder if Griffith will even be doing anything.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I thought the way the humans reacted was about right. And in the next chapter Sonia (probably ultimately backed up by the Pope) can convince them all that Griffith is still wonderful, and his near-divinity status is what lets him control demons (or whatever the PR explanation is). Then Griffith's reputation will be better than ever.
Matt
imanewbie

Post by Matt »

Thank you!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Facade19 wrote:Thanks EG for another phantasmagoric release!!!
Now, I am shocked to see the way the human contingency of the Hawk's band reacted.
But I am very excited for the next release.
I wonder if Griffith will even be doing anything.
Why would you be shocked toward such a reaction?

Griffith will surely make his move when it comes down to taking out the emperor. I seriously doubt, even the might of his Apostle army will provide much of a challenge against the Emperor in his current form, without Griffith intervening.

Istvan wrote:I thought the way the humans reacted was about right. And in the next chapter Sonia (probably ultimately backed up by the Pope) can convince them all that Griffith is still wonderful, and his near-divinity status is what lets him control demons (or whatever the PR explanation is). Then Griffith's reputation will be better than ever.
I believe 99% of the people will be able to buy into Sonia's PR. But there will be a few, that will begin to doubt Griffith's White Knight facade. Such as Sir Owen (bearded nobleman?), and most notably the Outcast "persian" Prince (the name eludes me).....whose suspicion of Griffith will have only been confirmed by the current events. I believe the dialogue between the two, a few chapters back, will prove to be important regarding how each come to percieve Griffith in the future.

I won't be surprised to see that down the line, these two characters proving to be important (much needed allies) towards Guts and his plight before everything is said and done.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I know she wasn't yelling out real words, duh, of course it was telepathic. What I meant was that I found it like she was "yelling" in her head, therefore that hitting everyone else telepathically because she had lost control. And yes, I agree that Miura had written it for her to be telling everyone that they are stupid. But I was just trying to read it in a different way, with the possibilty being that she could have just thought too hard in her own head that Griffith was stupid, that maybe she thinks that he's stupid for putting himself in danger. More likely than not you are all right, but this is not my prediction, it's just what I thought could have been happening when I was reading it.

And The Prince, grow a brain and stop ass-kissing Starnum all the time. Yeah it's fun to flame the wierd (and in my case absent minded) guy, but at least form your own opinions and come up with your own stuff so at least someone can make some sort of conversation with you.

And Starnum, yet again, thanks for calling me on my dumb shit (not sure if that was sarcastic or not).
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:I know she wasn't yelling out real words, duh, of course it was telepathic. What I meant was that I found it like she was "yelling" in her head, therefore that hitting everyone else telepathically because she had lost control. And yes, I agree that Miura had written it for her to be telling everyone that they are stupid. But I was just trying to read it in a different way, with the possibilty being that she could have just thought too hard in her own head that Griffith was stupid, that maybe she thinks that he's stupid for putting himself in danger. More likely than not you are all right, but this is not my prediction, it's just what I thought could have been happening when I was reading it.

And The Prince, grow a brain and stop ass-kissing Starnum all the time. Yeah it's fun to flame the wierd (and in my case absent minded) guy, but at least form your own opinions and come up with your own stuff so at least someone can make some sort of conversation with you.

And Starnum, yet again, thanks for calling me on my dumb shit (not sure if that was sarcastic or not).
Talk about having a selective memory. Your post and claims really don't hold much ground in any regards.

LOL....at the ass-kissing Starnum remark. Now that would be a first.