Berserk 298 - Unleash Your Demons

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

arke
Beware my tactical spam

Berserk 298 - Unleash Your Demons

Post by arke »

Miura is still alive apparently! Certainly surprised me.

[Evil_Genius]Berserk_v34c298.rar
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk 298 - Unleash Your Demons

Post by Starnum »

w00t!
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

EG always happens to time their releases when I need a study break. It's just proof of how awesome you guys are!

Edit:
That last pic with Zodd is so awesome, but not as awesome as waiting less than a month for the next chapter!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Matt
imanewbie

Post by Matt »

Thank you!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Thank you!

my massive stiffy just grew even more considering the wait will only be 1 month for the next release! :D happy holidays
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Heh, by the end of the chapter, i can´t tell if Sonia is just surprised at the sight of Ganishka´s army or if she´s having one of her clairvoyance moments.

And isn't Griffith a little obvious to the civilians that he possesses a demon army?

Maybe they´ll be considered as divine warriors or something since it´s doubtful that Griffith will lose the people support after all this, especially since he´s saving them at this very moment.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Thanks for putting my coloring on the front page!

I can imagine a couple of things to solve the problem of the demon army:

-Griffith will have let the main human army be killed by Ganishka or let the demons eat them. This would only work of course if the royalty and civilians that escaped didn't see the transformation, which is very possible since there was a very steep hill there.
-Otherwise, the ignorant people might just think that Griffith is so divine and righteous that even demons will follow him. (the pope might help with that)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yay!!! Thanks so much for the new release, EG!

And only a month till the next one!! Woot!
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Thanks so much guys, nice chapter even though it was real short. I liked "Unleash your demons."
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

HELL YEAH! Finally. Unleash your demons, berserk is here.
Last edited by Arcandus on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thank you very much EG!
Hmm...I am surprised. The plot has taken an immense step towards the contingent element.
I must reflect now and contemplate as to why Griffith unleashed his horde in its true form in front of the civilians.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Facade19 wrote:Thank you very much EG!
Hmm...I am surprised. The plot has taken an immense step towards the contingent element.
I must reflect now and contemplate as to why Griffith unleashed his horde in its true form in front of the civilians.
There is certainly some motivation for it. For if Griffith didn't want to reveal his demon hoard, he could have just finished off the Emperor when he had the chance during their first confrontation.

I just don't know what Griffith has up his sleeve.

*BTW......Damn some of those apostles are wicked looking. Hard to believe an injured, swordless Guts was able to whoop so much Apostle ass during his rampage during the eclipse!
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Looks like the apostles are kickin' ass too.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'm a little late for this one, but here goes.

Berserk 298 direct download:

http://warmachine.hopto.org/Evil_Genius ... 34c298.rar
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Nakadai
imanewbie

Post by Nakadai »

Great work! Thanks to everyone involved for getting yet another fresh chapter to the masses, and so quickly I might add. :D
Facade19 wrote: I must reflect now and contemplate as to why Griffith unleashed his horde in its true form in front of the civilians.
It's continuously prophesied that under the lead of the White Hawk the future will never be the same; I ascertain this is all but a part of setting aside the current bindings to the known physical realm and moving toward the new more spiritually driven era of his reign. The prior human rationals shall soon be put to pasture.

Needless to say, I'm beyond curious to see the outcome of Griffith's kingdom come to fruition.
Infini-Tropolis.com
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Thank you EG! You're the best :D

I've been wondering for some time what Griffith plans to do with his demon army. For apostles, he is the messiah, the promised one, who will lead them to better future (or whatever), for humans, he is a saviour, and the one who will bring them out of harm. If you consider just human side, the future looks straightforward - Griffit defeats the evil, Griffit rules as a king. But what about his demon folowers? For them, having to hide in their constricted form all the time is certanly not the idea of a better future. They want the world where they too can reign and live as they like (this is just speculation, based on what we know about God Hand, and the behaviour of some previous apostles). So, I came to the conclusion that Griffit would have to, at one point, introduce his demonic host for what it really is, and somehow make humans accept them. And what better time than this, when they can assert themsleves as saviours of humans, as Griffit's companions?

Oh, and BTW, does anyone know why I can't login with Opera? It brings me to the screen where it sais that I'm logged in, then returns me to the home page logged out.
Nakadai
imanewbie

Post by Nakadai »

Aeriel wrote:
I've been wondering for some time what Griffith plans to do with his demon army. For apostles, he is the messiah, the promised one, who will lead them to better future (or whatever), for humans, he is a saviour, and the one who will bring them out of harm. If you consider just human side, the future looks straightforward - Griffit defeats the evil, Griffit rules as a king. But what about his demon folowers? For them, having to hide in their constricted form all the time is certanly not the idea of a better future. They want the world where they too can reign and live as they like (this is just speculation, based on what we know about God Hand, and the behaviour of some previous apostles). So, I came to the conclusion that Griffit would have to, at one point, introduce his demonic host for what it really is, and somehow make humans accept them. And what better time than this, when they can assert themsleves as saviours of humans, as Griffit's companions?
Like I alluded to above I think Griffith intends to completely flip the world on its head, and the apostles will most certainly be at the forefront. I feel all the formalities he has been jumping through up until now have all been in effort to see that he becomes royalty and achieves his kingdom by legitimate means. Once he ascends to his intended course I believe whatever lines have been drawn between the astral and physical realms will be forever blurred. Everything that exists around him is but a chess piece to be manipulated to his own devices, the future doesn't look good for humanity under Griffith's rule.
Aeriel wrote: Oh, and BTW, does anyone know why I can't login with Opera? It brings me to the screen where it sais that I'm logged in, then returns me to the home page logged out.
Might want to try deleting your browsers cookies.
Infini-Tropolis.com
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I can see some of the apostles playing nice, like Locus, but most of the apostles are ruthless monsters. So no, I can't see this going too well for humanity either, heh. Thankfully we've still got Gatts. Can't wait to see him back to kickin' some apostle ass. :D
Truesoul
imanewbie

Post by Truesoul »

Of course..... Griffith is also the prophesied White Hawk who will lead the world into an age of darkness

Perhaps he'll wait until he has the kingdom under his complete rule, THEN show his bad side, and it will be too late for anyone to do anything about it. It's possible that he'll end up disposing of most of the apostles in the end of course, and actually be a "goody", so that Guts is seen as a bad guy for killing him in the end. Bah who knows, it's probably not a good idea to try and guess the future of Berserk, I'm sure it'll be completely unpredictable.

I kinda get the feeling that after Ganishka is killed loads of those mini-ganishka's will survive and spread accross the world, just so Guts can encounter one of them.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, there really is no telling how things will go down in the end. I doubt any of the mini-ganishkas will live, but that would be interesting to see Gatts fighting one, or some of them. If the apostles can make light work of them though, then I doubt Gatts would have any trouble with them, heh.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Nakadai wrote:Might want to try deleting your browsers cookies.
Yeah, it helped :)
Thanks!
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Thanks EG !
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Another possibility in regards to the civilians witnessing the Apostle's true form is that Griffith will pretend that their not demons. I'm especially reminded of the priest-guy everyone was hailing as an "angel" during the Knights of the Chain/Griffith rebirth arc. Given that he has the actual Pope in his courner (as well as the way that Ganshika has so perfectly played the "evil demon," and the Apostles are now "saving" everyone from nigh certain death), it is entirely feasible that Griffith might pull off such a deception.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Istvan wrote:Another possibility in regards to the civilians witnessing the Apostle's true form is that Griffith will pretend that their not demons. I'm especially reminded of the priest-guy everyone was hailing as an "angel" during the Knights of the Chain/Griffith rebirth arc. Given that he has the actual Pope in his courner (as well as the way that Ganshika has so perfectly played the "evil demon," and the Apostles are now "saving" everyone from nigh certain death), it is entirely feasible that Griffith might pull off such a deception.
This reminds me of how people needed to believe in the imaginary creatures to be able to see them (remember how Farness couldn't see Puck?). So I'm wondering if they could actually appear differently to other people, for example, if I think Zodd is an angel in the most traditional sense, he might actually look like that to me.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nah, I doubt that. The nature of apostles are totally different than those of elves. We've seen in the past that people see the apostles for the monsters that they are anyway. I don't know what plan Griffith has for showing the apostles to the citizens of Midland, but I'm sure he has one. It's Griffith, he always has a perfect plan.