Berserk 296 - Thundering Heavens

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Berserk 296 - Thundering Heavens

Post by Eldo »

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: Berserk chapter: 296

Post by lon3vvolf »

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Its good to see a chapter with our main characters. Damn... theres so much detail in the Emperor guy. No wonder it took him so long for this release.
BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

Yay! EG, me love you long time!
Matt
imanewbie

Post by Matt »

Thank you!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Direct download here:

http://warmachine.hopto.org/Evil_Genius ... 33c296.rar

Thanks, EG. I'll read it in a little while.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk 296 - Thundering Heavens

Post by Starnum »

This chapter was pretty badass. I like the way Miura is showing the grand scale at which Ganishka has achieved. I mean, creating crimson blossoms under his massive feet, that's pretty freaky, and awesome.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Oh baby, EG knows how to make my day!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Thanks EG....

What ya gonna do Sir Griffith?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

he's probably going to grow in size two, and then they're going to fight in some crowded city. miura has been watching too much power rangers
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I just got back from a great weekend, and now things go on great. Thanks EG.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Thanks EG!

I can see why they thought it was Shiva, I mean, they do bear some resemblance.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thanks EG!! This really makes my day complete.
dddd
imanewbie

Post by dddd »

I've been reading Berserk for awhile and I thank you EG for translating and sharing the comic with everyone. Something came to mind just today after I read 296 but is anyone upset with Miura's postponing the battles. It's getting very irritating. I wonder how you guys feel about this
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Yeah some of the iterations of Shiva look like that, it all depends on the region of India. Another reason why they may have called it Shiva is because Lord Shiva is the destroyer.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thx EG! I really appreciate the effort!
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

thanks EG, nice work as usual and the next chapter isn't so far :D .

Ganishka seems consumed by his transformation, he has become no more than an avatar of chaos and destruction ; he wanted to escape his apostle's fate so much but in the end, he'll just help Griffith's plans, poor guy.
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
tosh
imanewbie

Post by tosh »

Ware the wrath of Emperor WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM-FLAILING TUBE MAN!
zXen
imanewbie

Post by zXen »

Thanks for the release EG. I too can see why this chapter has taken so long, the detail really is amazing. This fight will be fairly long IMO. I would be disappointed if Griffith destroyed him swiftly. I would like to see the death of one or more of his Apostles, to prove Ganishkas power/wrath.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Thanks so much, EG! This truly brightens up my day (with a huge many-armed shadow :PLUS1: )
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

As always, thanks a lot. You guys rock!

Edit: Just read it. Yay for some, although very small, Guts and party scenes again. And dude, the emperor is really huge, beyond all logic. But seeing as probably everyone in the world will, after the fight, love Griffith even more as the saviour he fakes to be, I hate him even more, that wretched bastard!
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Thanks for BERSERK!

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Aetherfukz wrote:As always, thanks a lot. You guys rock!

Edit: Just read it. Yay for some, although very small, Guts and party scenes again. And dude, the emperor is really huge, beyond all logic. But seeing as probably everyone in the world will, after the fight, love Griffith even more as the saviour he fakes to be, I hate him even more, that wretched bastard!
Yeah, it's amazing to me that the Emperor doesn't see how he's playing right into Griffith's hands. With the Pope's words, after Griffith defeats the Emperor he'll be seen by all as a devine savior. Since the Emperor is crushing so many Kushans as well, even they will probably rally to Griffith after he destroys the "monster." It'd be nice if he at least managed to destroy a few of Griffith's Apostle's, but all in all it's hard to imagine an action he could have taken that would help Griffith more than this transformation did.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:As always, thanks a lot. You guys rock!

Yeah, it's amazing to me that the Emperor doesn't see how he's playing right into Griffith's hands. With the Pope's words, after Griffith defeats the Emperor he'll be seen by all as a devine savior. Since the Emperor is crushing so many Kushans as well, even they will probably rally to Griffith after he destroys the "monster." It'd be nice if he at least managed to destroy a few of Griffith's Apostle's, but all in all it's hard to imagine an action he could have taken that would help Griffith more than this transformation did.
Defintely, considering all eyes are on him. Couldn't ask for a better audience to witness Griffith do his thing.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

The Prince wrote:
Defintely, considering all eyes are on him. Couldn't ask for a better audience to witness Griffith do his thing.
Especially since ol' Griff doesn't seem in the least concerned. But I am really looking forward to seeing how Griffith will fight.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Istvan wrote:Since the Emperor is crushing so many Kushans as well, even they will probably rally to Griffith after he destroys the "monster." It'd be nice if he at least managed to destroy a few of Griffith's Apostle's, but all in all it's hard to imagine an action he could have taken that would help Griffith more than this transformation did.
I don't think the Kushans siding with Griffith will make much of a difference at the moment. Their surrender will be much more 'voluntary' once the Emperor is defeated, but at the moment, I think the soldiers are conditioned to be afraid of the emperor's wraith if they ever surrender. A fate worse than death and all that. I love how the pope is fueling the propaganda machine.
Rolos wrote:I can see why they thought it was Shiva, I mean, they do bear some resemblance.
I really like the comparison to Shiva. Not only do they bear a resemblance in appearance, but the emperor is taking on the 'destroyer' role as well, destroying all in its path. In a way, I'm surprised that Shiva and Hinduism is referenced in Berserk though. Berserk has always tried to stray away from real religions, only having been inspired by them.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am