Berserk Manga Release Dates

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

TheWhiteHawk
imanewbie

Berserk Manga Release Dates

Post by TheWhiteHawk »

Hi All,

First off whoever owns/operates this site has made the short list of 'my people'. Thanks a million to you and your team.
For all who love Berserk as much as me, this site is a godsend. To the point, I've just finished DL the manga after being consumed by the TV series oh so many years ago and if anything it appears to be even better than the live action. I don't know when/how often new mangas are being released (started in 1988? wow), but if anyone gets any info as this update please post on this board.
TWH
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk Manga Release Dates

Post by Rolos »

You are lucky you said it politely, what you just asked could have earned you a ban.

Read the FAQ and watch this: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Rolos, that made me roffle. Roffle hard indeed I did.

I had a bit of premature exhilaration when I saw this thread, thinking there was news about the next release, but no :(
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Yeah, I was thinking that he somehow had a list of dates of when Miura intended to release chapters.

As far as newbie mistakes go he at least didn't come off as a rabid idiot.

PS: It should still be common sense to educate yourself of the policies of whatever sovereignty you set foot in. What's acceptable in one is taboo in another...
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

*giggle*
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I bet this guy will now get scared off and not come back to the forums. I'd be really surprised if he sticked around.

Damn... how long will this writers strike go on? I needs me my berserk!!!
:evil:
BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

Yea, it would be nice to know atleast how long it is untill to the next chapter is released.
2-3 month is expected but it would be nice to know anyway.
RanShi
imanewbie

Post by RanShi »

Ye, with Miura being all secretive and stuff..guess it's part of the whole Berserk-feeling 8)
"And now Guts, by some alien logic, I own you."
TheWhiteHawk
imanewbie

Post by TheWhiteHawk »

Yikes fellas. I did not know my question would insinuate such provocative feelings. It is true that I'm rather new to this site, but I thought this thread could be place to post any updates/news that the site members come by... not get me banned. I've read somewhere twice now that they release the little 20-25 page mini volumes every 2-3 months? And also a mention of a writer strike? As would make sense, I thought that the writers of the manga might have a set timetable in which they release the new issues. I appreciate the help, but the video wasn't really necessary.
Thanx.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

There is no mention of a writer's strike amongst mangakas in Japan that I know of. The release dates of the chapters are usually shown on the last page of the particular chapter, but when it says 'til next time', no specified date is given so nobody knows, besides the publisher.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

TheWhiteHawk wrote:Yikes fellas. I did not know my question would insinuate such provocative feelings. It is true that I'm rather new to this site, but I thought this thread could be place to post any updates/news that the site members come by... not get me banned. I've read somewhere twice now that they release the little 20-25 page mini volumes every 2-3 months? And also a mention of a writer strike? As would make sense, I thought that the writers of the manga might have a set timetable in which they release the new issues. I appreciate the help, but the video wasn't really necessary.
Thanx.
Relax no ones going to ban you, getting flamed simply comes with the territory of being a newb.

And regardless of what you knew at the time, making a thread out of your first post is a pet-peeve of those who run this site. There is a stickied thread specifically made for questions such as yours. And posting like you did is a clear sign that you never made an effort to read though this forum to seek an answer out for yourself.

Also, as being new to any forum, because every forum community is different its always worth your while to read through the FAQ. What might be acceptable/tolerable in some places won't necessarily be in another.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Eldo wrote: besides the publisher.
Uh, I don't think even they are that lucky.....
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:
Eldo wrote: besides the publisher.
Uh, I don't think even they are that lucky.....
I think they're given an approximate date, as they are the ones that chase the authors up, so they are more knowledgeable regarding the status of the chapter. However, I doubt that they would announce a release date without the absolute certainty that it's near completion.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Miura delivers a couple of chapters already done ready to print, allowing the publisher to set dates of release. When not, i'm imagining that Miura would say "when it's done" in reply to questions from their publishers about the next installment. So I also think publishers are a bit in a dark to, but like Eldo pointed out, Miura might (or should) give an aprox. date.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

My suspicion is that Miura travels to the future and takes his own completed chapters from the future, and returns to the present to print them. While having a late night drink of vodka, holding a lit candle due to a blackout, he must have accidentally poured vodka over the time machine, and accidentally set it on fire with the lit candle. This explains everything: the undetermined release date and so forth.

Yeah, I bet the publishers don't know jack about the current status either. Probably promises of 'it'll be done soon' or whatever, but what I meant to say is that they know the progress and current status of the chapters more than we do. Which is why I usually get annoyed when people ask when the next chapter is. I don't know, call the publisher up or something.

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Eldo wrote:My suspicion is that Miura travels to the future and takes his own completed chapters from the future, and returns to the present to print them. While having a late night drink of vodka, holding a lit candle due to a blackout, he must have accidentally poured vodka over the time machine, and accidentally set it on fire with the lit candle. This explains everything: the undetermined release date and so forth.

Yeah, I bet the publishers don't know jack about the current status either. Probably promises of 'it'll be done soon' or whatever, but what I meant to say is that they know the progress and current status of the chapters more than we do. Which is why I usually get annoyed when people ask when the next chapter is. I don't know, call the publisher up or something.
Yes of course. They must at least have some way to push or pull Miura for releases, they are in some point Miura's bosses. And i know how frustrating it is to have people asking for release like you guys were in direct contact with Miura or something.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Death&Rebirth wrote:
Eldo wrote:My suspicion is that Miura travels to the future and takes his own completed chapters from the future, and returns to the present to print them. While having a late night drink of vodka, holding a lit candle due to a blackout, he must have accidentally poured vodka over the time machine, and accidentally set it on fire with the lit candle. This explains everything: the undetermined release date and so forth.

Yes of course. They must at least have some way to push or pull Miura for releases, they are in some point Miura's bosses. And i know how frustrating it is to have people asking for release like you guys were in direct contact with Miura or something.
IMO they probably have a good idea of a set date.

Its just easier for them to say to the fans "until next time" as opposed to "June 9th 2008".
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Death&Rebirth wrote:Yes of course. They must at least have some way to push or pull Miura for releases, they are in some point Miura's bosses. And i know how frustrating it is to have people asking for release like you guys were in direct contact with Miura or something.
On the other hand, the publishers can't pressure Miura too much with their deadlines otherwise the chapters won't be as good as they are. I still believe that Miura's taking it easy, because we all need breaks from our jobs or studies.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

dialdfordesi wrote:
Death&Rebirth wrote:Yes of course. They must at least have some way to push or pull Miura for releases, they are in some point Miura's bosses. And i know how frustrating it is to have people asking for release like you guys were in direct contact with Miura or something.
On the other hand, the publishers can't pressure Miura too much with their deadlines otherwise the chapters won't be as good as they are. I still believe that Miura's taking it easy, because we all need breaks from our jobs or studies.
Well, it isn't Shounen Jump, so things are bit less strict. It's all about compromise. And Miura has a name inside the business, so he does have some freedom that he hadn't in the first years...
bandreus
imanewbie

Post by bandreus »

Ok this is my first time posting, so nice to be here.
for the very same reason, I'd say I'm a bit scared, since I read the faq & guidelines and all the stuff, so here I go...hoping not to be flamed or banned (wich, btw, seems to be the the most fun part of the community. ok I'll quit with it)

I've read on a forum (an important one) berserk will restart serialization on YA issue number five. Not posting any link or the like only because I don't know if I'm allowed (read when I said "scared"). So if I have godhand's permission tell me and I'll post the source.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Where's the link from?

EDIT: You are indeed correct, Berserk is out on the 22nd of February.

bandreus
imanewbie

Post by bandreus »

Yeah, new chapter! new chapter! cheers * let the party begin!!

ok sorry for the joy explosion.

hope it was useful
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

bandreus wrote:Yeah, new chapter! new chapter! cheers * let the party begin!!

ok sorry for the joy explosion.

hope it was useful
Good find!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Woot! That's awesome. Thanks for the heads up Bandreus. ;)