Berserk 291 - Prophetic Dreams

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Berserk 291 - Prophetic Dreams

Post by psi29a »

[Evil_Genius]Berserk_v33c291.rar

Lots of fucking talking...

(18:48:24) LordMune: Hahaha, holy shit, over 100 leechers already.
(18:48:57) psi29a: yup
(18:49:01) psi29a: people wait for the best :D
(18:49:23) LordMune: And they are right to do so, I daresay.
(18:49:35) psi29a: hell fucking yes
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk 291 - Prophetic Dreams

Post by Starnum »

And there was much rejoicing. :P
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Thanks much. Although waaay too much talking.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

i guess Miura isn't taking another break if 292 is being released the 22nd
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Big ups to mune and mystics.. M&M's <3 <3
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
CowardlyHero
imanewbie

Post by CowardlyHero »

Thanks! been looking forward to this chaper for a long time. oh and spotted an error on page 11 :shock: "a shadow big enough to cover then entire city"
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

CowardlyHero wrote:Thanks! been looking forward to this chaper for a long time. oh and spotted an error on page 11 :shock: "a shadow big enough to cover then entire city"
Your avatar cracks me up.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

turkey wrote:i guess Miura isn't taking another break if 292 is being released the 22nd
Shh!!! Don't jinx it!
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thank you so much EG!!!
[spoiler]Now I wonder whether the true light is a symbol for Gutz. Cannot help but read too much into it. :)[/spoiler]
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I think how Miura does it is that he draws a whole bunch at one time, then goes back the the notes and writing stages. Just think about it, with a story this complex, think about how many times he needs to read it over?

Another thing, Mule is too funny in how he likes that girl (whose name I can't remember) who wrapped herself up in Griffith's cloak. It's kinda like Casca all over again, but also not like Casca because she treats Griffith like he's a buddy. Anyways, this feels like the beginning of the end. Or atleast another Act break in the story.

P.S. War Machine, I just realized your avatar was the Soul Reaver from Legacy of Kain. I just have to say I chose my avatar, not only because Roderick's my favorite character, but also I can be caught making the same expression with my hand on my chin as in the picture.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
freegood
imanewbie

Post by freegood »

Damn right we wait for the best.

Can't complain about delays when we wait 1-2 months for an issue...
RanShi
imanewbie

Post by RanShi »

Thanks thanks =D

[spoiler]I also believe the Hawk of Light is Guts. But of course, everyone will think the opposite when Griffith has rose to power and Guts just wants to kill him because of revenge.

But then again, what indicates that Griffith would be a cruel leader? I'd imagine him as a great Emperor / King when it comes to the people.[/spoiler]

The name of the model on Damiens avatar, anyone?

I'm going crazy.
"And now Guts, by some alien logic, I own you."
Evaansan
imanewbie

Post by Evaansan »

Thanks you're the best :D
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Seems like it isn't far away when Griffith will become the official ruler of Midland. And then Guts will probably be labeled an official enemy of the country if he goes against the king...

Also, on page 11, who will be that giant shadow? From the image it looks like it could be Slan, Griffith or the kushan emperor. Slan I don't think so because that would imply another eclipse (well maybe the emperor summons them?), Griffith is my best bet but the people of Midland surely won't believe that. The emperor would be plausible also, having a huge shadow and fighting against Griffith and then getting owned.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Oh man, thanks EG! If you guys were a beer, I'd definitely drink you! Thanks for the release!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

remember, the dreams are probably all planted by Idea of Evil anyway , so they can't be trusted at all. I can think of no reason why would there ever be a picture of Guts in them (except as an enemy, perhaps) , because he is outside of a story.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

Griffith is about to marry Charlotte and become king. He really is pressing for this to happen. What is even more of a coincidence is he is doing this presumably before the fight. This is the hole reason he became a god hand and he is doing it before a fight. What if their is a reward for gaining what you sacrificed for. Like extra power of something. Although I don't see why he would need extra power.
SilentSnake
imanewbie

Post by SilentSnake »

Dunno why, but I keep on seeing Guts in the role of the "evil" shadow who tries to destroy what is being planned by Idea of Evil.

Thus, Griffith is "planned" (:D) and is therefore a White Hawk and Guts is someone who wants to interfere and is therefore the-evil-one-who-wants-to-kill-a-good-guy.

That would be unexpected, complicated, interesting.

It may be just wishful thinking though ;)
Seraph
imanewbie

Post by Seraph »

remember, the dreams are probably all planted by Idea of Evil anyway , so they can't be trusted at all. I can think of no reason why would there ever be a picture of Guts in them (except as an enemy, perhaps) , because he is outside of a story.
this is something thats been bugging me how can guts truely be outside the story.if he is indeed the white hawk,the white hawk is still be showed in dreams which means he is still some how intertwine in the over all story
Chuck Norris was originally offered the role as Frodo in Lord of the Rings. He declined because, "Only a pussy would need three movies to destroy a piece of jewelery
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I wonder if we would see a wedding ceremony of Griffith and the Princess in the pages of Berserk. Is Sonia going to drink her worries away? Stay tuned!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Herald wrote:P.S. War Machine, I just realized your avatar was the Soul Reaver from Legacy of Kain. I just have to say I chose my avatar, not only because Roderick's my favorite character, but also I can be caught making the same expression with my hand on my chin as in the picture.
The Legacy Of Kain series have an awesome story that you should see for yourself, and the best voice acting ever seen in a game.

Back on topic, I really wonder what Griffith will do once he attains his Kingdom. The behelit meant he would get a kingdom, but not how long he would be a king or what the God Hand would do afterwards.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Maybe he will try to become the Berserk's world version of the Holy Roman emperor? Midland is quite a small country, though it did gain back it's territory after the 100 years war. Either way, Griffith can't be King forever. But, he will be living forever because he's a Godhand. Doesn't being part of the Godhand mean something? Isn't he supposed to rule and police all of the other demons out there?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
ghostdog
imanewbie

Post by ghostdog »

Thanks guys, you did a great job as always !
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

I am such a nerd!!!!

Post by The Prince »

-Amongst all the celebration of a win over the Kushan at Windham, once the fog has finished clearing out, any human in Windham (including all human members of the Midland Regular Army and remaining Kushan), better high-tail it out there, as this chapter basically foreshadows a potentially devious endgame. There's a reason Griffith, chose not to take out the Kushan Emperor when he had every oppurtunity to crush the Kushan right then and there, in their last meeting. Reasons that have nothing to do with that "pile of shit" for an excuse Griffith gave at the time.

[spoiler]-With the prophecy of a black sun over Windham, it appears for only the second time we will bare witness to the splendor and heart-felt shenanigans one might expect with a full on eclipse, not that weak BS we got in Albion. I would suppose that we might even get to see an appearance by the four-GH's before its all over. Hopefully Guts will be able to make it back time, as I would suppose he'd be very pissed if he were to miss out on the festivities. Either way I'm sure the SK could always cut a path for Guts, if he were running late.

-I'm sure the events being prophesized, will be expected to mirror those events tied to the demise of Gaeseric's kingdom and the descension of the "four angels" of judgement. When we know that in fact a mass sacrifice did occur in a prior kingdom to Windham. Ruins of which are shown lining the depth's of the, apt to be named, Tower Of Rebirth, amidst piles of skulls featuring the brand. Guessing Tower of Rebirth , recieving its name due to this tower in Windham being built upon the ruins of its predecessor.[/spoiler]
Last edited by The Prince on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
SONGSAN
imanewbie

Post by SONGSAN »

Thanks guys. It's been a long long time. Glad I dropped by today.